Jun 14 2013
By: Ketsueki_Wolf I Only Post Everything 970 posts
Accepted Solution

MP Freezing Problem

119 replies 4534 views Edited Jun 14, 2013

Really hope I'm not the only one experiencing this.  In the middle of a match, my character will just freeze, I can't move, can't shoot, can't craft, nothing.  I can still open up the menu, I can still go into the PS Menu, my character just won't move.

Sully

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 120 (4,534 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: MP Freezing Problem

Jun 14, 2013

Ketsueki_Wolf wrote:

Really hope I'm not the only one experiencing this.  In the middle of a match, my character will just freeze, I can't move, can't shoot, can't craft, nothing.  I can still open up the menu, I can still go into the PS Menu, my character just won't move.

I'm sorry to say it, but you're probably lagging.

Post a result from your connection: www.speedtest.net

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 120 (4,529 Views)
I Only Post Everything
775 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Yeah, that definitely sounds like you are dropping packets somewhere. Our MP game institutes a fairly aggressive "anti-cheat" tech to prevent some nasty exploitation by those out there who just want to ruin everybody else's fun.

Are you on a hard line or wireless? Might want to check your signal quality if you're wireless, and if on a hard line, run a speed test. Sorry to hear it!

-EvangM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 120 (4,523 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 14, 2013

EvangM wrote:
Yeah, that definitely sounds like you are dropping packets somewhere. Our MP game institutes a fairly aggressive "anti-cheat" tech to prevent some nasty exploitation by those out there who just want to ruin everybody else's fun.

Are you on a hard line or wireless? Might want to check your signal quality if you're wireless, and if on a hard line, run a speed test. Sorry to hear it!

-EvangM

Is the anti-cheat algorithm in this game more aggressive than UC3 MP's white plug algorithm?

I don't want to see lagswitchers (you know what I'm talking about) freezing and then killing 2-3 people at once...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 120 (4,517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I've played many games with 'online hosting' but I've never suffered this kind of connection problem before.. Sometimes my character just sits there for over 10 seconds... Seriously?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 120 (4,500 Views)
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

Jun 14, 2013

EvangM wrote:

-EvangM

I have my PS3 directly connected to my modem, it has to be lag I guess since my internet isn't that great to begin with.

Sully

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 120 (4,478 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Ketsueki_Wolf wrote:

EvangM wrote:

-EvangM

I have my PS3 directly connected to my modem, it has to be lag I guess since my internet isn't that great to begin with.

Did you see the white plug icon in UC3 MP?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 120 (4,443 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

Jun 15, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Ketsueki_Wolf wrote:

EvangM wrote:

-EvangM

Did you see the white plug icon in UC3 MP?

Yes, but ONLY during the Airstrip intro, where everyone is on the runway.  Otherwise my online play was great.

But yeah, so it appears the Lag I've been getting hasn't been appearing for quite a few matches now, even when I'm playing with players from Asia or Europe oddly enough.  Don't know what the deal is.

Sully

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 120 (4,400 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Yea i am having this problem as well, making it unplayable. May i ask if you are located in Australia?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 120 (4,395 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I'm having this same exact problem sometimes it would freeze back to back over and ver again and it can't be lagg because the timer is moving perfectly and everyone around me is moving normal this gets really frustrating
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 120 (4,374 Views)