First Son
23 posts

Re: MP Freezing Problem

Jun 17, 2013
Switched to a wire no problems so far. Rebuilding the survivors back to 70 week 7. Hopefully it wont force quit.
Message 31 of 120 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

I've got a **bleep** 2mbit/s internet connection, so I check my ping via " HLSW " every now and then. Usually it's a stable 50-60 ping to a CS server. If I start playing TLOU however, my whole internet connection starts to lag like hell, as seen in this screenshot: https://imageshack.com/scaled/large/853/uq3h.jpg ( red means 300ms+). It only happens after starting a map in MP, between rounds it gets a bit better, but when the next map starts it's gettin very high again. When the ping now reaches it's peak I'm pretty much frozen and can't move at all. So for me it's pretty much the game lagging itself making it almost unplayable in MP. Smiley Sad

Message 32 of 120 (633 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jun 17, 2013

a 2mbit connection? LOL

the last of us is no game for poor ppl. if you don't have a 50mbit wired connection go home and play whatever it is the plebs nowadays fancies to entertain themselfes with.

Message 33 of 120 (622 Views)
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Same thing is happening to me. Played the multiplayer several hours the first day without any problems. Second day it's unplayable. I can move the first few seconds in a match but then I'm stuck for the rest of it. I can stil move the camera, enter the menus etc but not move or do anything else. Someone please fix this, I really loved the multiplayer for this game!

Btw I'm located in Sweden with a pretty good wireless internet connection.

Message 34 of 120 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Razentaz wrote:

Same thing is happening to me. Played the multiplayer several hours the first day without any problems. Second day it's unplayable. I can move the first few seconds in a match but then I'm stuck for the rest of it. I can stil move the camera, enter the menus etc but not move or do anything else. Someone please fix this, I really loved the multiplayer for this game!

Btw I'm located in Sweden with a pretty good wireless internet connection.

Use Ethernet.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 35 of 120 (596 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Well sorry that I'm not living in a large city. I'm not really poor, it's just the max. speed that's available and it's more than enough for every other MP.
Message 36 of 120 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jun 17, 2013
It's not about speed, it's about the quality of your connection overtime, and pingtests and speedtests don't give the real picture.

There could be some serious latency issues in connection at one point while it might be running normal at another.

It's about the average quality of a connection, and that is why you can have 2- 3 games running smoothly and then BAMMM!!! MP freezing problems since your ISP decided to crap out for a few minutes.

A 50 or a 100 mbps connection does not mean that the connection is a quality internet connection, it could be having serious downtimes in between.

Don't mix Quantity with Quality, both are 2 different aspects of an internet connection.
Message 37 of 120 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Also do remember that when playing any MP game that uses a p2p connection, the maximum amount of data being uploaded & downloaded per hour does not even exceed 200 Mb.

So even a 2 Mbps connection is fine albiet the connection does not drop packets, which has got to do more with the infrastructure + architecture of the network, than with the amount of bandwidth present.

Here's an analogy to better understand what I am trying to explain here -
Even a 20 Feet WIDE road, which is well paved, does not Pitfalls is enough to travel distance safely and efficiently, however even a 2000feet WIDE road not well paved, full of Huge pitfalls, Blind turns & basically without proper infrastructure will not be the most safe & efficient.

On similar lines, those ISP who have not invested adequately in putting a proper infrastructure required according to the network at hand, will lead to packet loss even though they might be offering speeds of over 100Mbps.

So stop this TARZAN chest beating of having a 100 Mbps & 2000Gbps connections, doesn't prove SQUAT, and stop dissing on people who don't have the same so called "econmic status" as yours.

Message 38 of 120 (570 Views)
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

@ Minic

Some people are born r3t4rds, don't give much attention to such peeps. I would rather suggest trying a better ISP, it could be dropping packets, which leads to the freezing problem.

Also as explained earlier the data transferred is very less and it does require you to have a mammoth internet connection just to play a simple p2p game.

i would suggest finding out which  ISP has a More stable connection, and the best way to do that is interact with other LOCAL players who play TLOU MP and are not experiencing the same problems of freezing, they maybe there in your school/college/workplace etc.

That should solve your problem

Message 39 of 120 (569 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jun 17, 2013
My ps3 freezes when i enter in MP. The bar of loading not ends and the ps3 freeze. you know why? i want play MP Smiley Sad
Message 40 of 120 (551 Views)
0 Likes