Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: MP Freezing Problem

Jun 26, 2013

256 Kbps upload? And you live in Spain? Not our fault. Why should people with good connections be punished because you live there?

I'm tired of being dominated by laggers that make "compliments" about my mother. Smiley Frustrated

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 61 of 120 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I haven't personally experienced this glitch. I've seen evidence of it in videos of other players having this problem, but it hasn't happened to me.

I'm pretty sure I don't have world-class internet. I live in New Zealand.

If you live in an urban area, it's reasonable to expect stable internet - that's all you need. It doesn't have to be fast, just reliable. With 256k upload, you're almost certainly running an internet plan with a capped upload speed. This means it's a plan that's NOT suitable for gaming, and while you won't necessarily have the same problems in other games, you WILL have problems.

If you aren't on a capped-speed plan, then your connection just kind of sucks. No, that might not be your fault, but it doesn't mean you should expect a smooth experience in ANY game. Even if ND change the game's netcode so it doesn't punish your bad connection, you'll still have a bad connection and even though you say you don't have problems, if you compare the experience you get to how the game works on an ACTUALLY good connection, you'll realise you're very wrong.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 62 of 120 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
17 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Ce n'est peut-etre pas votre faute mais a quoi  sert d'avoir 60 ou 200Mega ?Hein j'aimerais savoir ...PFFF

Leur système anti triche qui sert juste pour les cheateur ave cleur connexion a 200 Mega ,20 Mega de connexion suffise largement , bref avec vos rapid fire a la noix ils arrive même pas a vous bloquer juste car ils sent foute car il perde pas d'argent par comme les no CD bref on met 5 balle un gars qui et blesser puis se releve tranquilement e meurt a trente mêtre plus tard (c'est normal?) ou alors on tue un mec et on as pas les ration ou sinon il sont aussi a 50 mêtre les ration !

Bref si nous povons pas jouer sur le live vous devais le précisé sur votre boite car lacher 150 € pour rien C'est une honte , j'aimerais bien voir la boite de naugthydog pour leur expliquer qui se foute de notre gueule .....

PFFF je suis tres tres deçu de leur part il ne cherche seulement de la thune 

Message 63 of 120 (479 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Yes I understand that running on hard line is a difference than running on wifi but even the hard line players are experiencing problems. I don't get these problems when Im playing other games. I even turn off my other devices in my house that use wifi and I still get this problem. I can't see how all these players are going through this and you think its our connection, that doesn't sit well with me. I would rather naughty dog shut down the servers for a few hours, run some test and send out a patch. Im glad that you guys were proactive in putting a halt to the lag switchers out there but maybe thats part of the problem.
Message 64 of 120 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Ive seen this happen to two if my friends and a couple of randoms. Not happened to me yet though.
Message 65 of 120 (374 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 9, 2013

I got the same thing twice.Got a match were just me and friend could move.The others were freeze and the time was passing on.Im from south america region and from me was not internet connection/lag.

Message 66 of 120 (362 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 9, 2013

it is happening to me too...... Smiley Sad

Message 67 of 120 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Get a better internet connection, people. Smiley Indifferent

Message 68 of 120 (349 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 20, 2013
I have a wired connection and its at 100% wireless signal strength and my character will become motionless for up to an entire match it has caused innumerable deaths and I am so tired of it please do something to fix it. Love the game but I can't take it anymore haha. Other than that the game is beautiful thanks for creating it and have a nice day.
Message 69 of 120 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 20, 2013
It happens to me also. I'm playing multiplayer and my guy freezes . I was wireless and sinhnal at 100 then switched to modem and still have the same problem.. If you look on other forums there are alot of these cases. Which suck because I can't play with the risk of losing my population.. It's not a lag.
Message 70 of 120 (277 Views)
0 Likes