First Son
19 posts

Re: MP Freezing Problem

Jul 28, 2013

James5955 wrote:

I get that too once in awhile. It's the most irritating thing ever.. Other people in the match move around and everything but your input is completely dead. Ugh that sucks when you've got a good flank, you freeze and miss a golden opportunity. I feel your pain.

yeah im guessing its  like when you put a few semi rifle rounds to someone but then your body froze and the target just walk away?

yeah... i know what ya mean

or even the part where the whole body freezes until someone walk behind your character and just shoot point blank to the head without us able to do anything XC

Message 101 of 120 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 28, 2013

James5955 wrote:

I get that too once in awhile. It's the most irritating thing ever.. Other people in the match move around and everything but your input is completely dead. Ugh that sucks when you've got a good flank, you freeze and miss a golden opportunity. I feel your pain.

My test results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2865886170.png

It hasn't happened lately, maybe a few nights ago for a moment but it went away. Had a few days in a row of it being really bad where I just stopped trying to play. I assume a lot of people in the neighborhood were using cable as well, maybe someone connected wirelessly at the time. I'm connected to the modem directly.

That's the major drawback of DOCSIS, just like in most shared media technologies.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 102 of 120 (296 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 29, 2013

okay so i just finished playing about 19 matches in a row in multiplayer, back on last of us

anyways as always this is my net speed

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2867621685

now here's the testing that i tried to do. everytime i start searching, the first match i start say, the first match whenever i start the game is always the least freeze issue.

but afterwards.... it all went to hell. like say the first match i only freeze for a few seconds, the second match starts freezing say about 2 mins in total, the next match can be like 4 mins straight (yeah 4 mins standing in place, even when i respawn its still frozen). i restart the game and search the match again and the first match only freeze a few seconds as usual, and the next match the freeze goes longer duration

sometimes i get really lucky when searching new game again where i got a good signal and never froze at all in the middle of the game. sometimes i win sometimes i lose,maybe the match making system need to be able to match people with the same connection speed or something. I dunno i have no idea how it works but at the matches where i never froze, other people have like the same connection speed like me, like 2 bars in the pause screen

I noticed i froze even less when i decided not to connect facebook to the last of us multiplayer, it help a lot, if some of you have freeze issue try disconnecting facebook. it doesnt assure you to not freeze at all but its worth a try

the weird thing is i froze in place whenever someone approaches me, usually enemies. but i didnt even fire a single shot or spotted him yet. im guessing its a proximity to certain players that froze me

oh and here's a screenshot on the signal strength on one of the matches

IMG_0132.JPG

as you can see my signal is way up compared to the others, considering i only have 1 mbps thats a miracle....but i still froze in the match even though only for like 10 seconds and the other player doesnt seem to have a problem or frozen at all

any idea why?

Message 103 of 120 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Ignore the bars next to your name. They mean nothing.

It's like doing this in command line:

ping -t 127.0.0.1

The only reason you freeze is because you have 0.15 Mbps upload.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 104 of 120 (271 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 30, 2013
hmm....
**bleep** all my isp speed even though its 6 mbps only has 0.15 upload speed

i should test the speed net at my friends house again. if he is also only 0.15 upload speed but i can still play then there's something else
Message 105 of 120 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I only freeze on University. What's up with that?

Message 106 of 120 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
19 posts

Jul 31, 2013
whats the speed there on the upload and download?
Message 107 of 120 (224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 3, 2013

The freeze isnt a velocity problem, I have 1 MB and I have the freeze but my friend that live next to me not, and we have the same internet.

How we can play then? A patch?

Message 108 of 120 (212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Aug 4, 2013

i see you got the same problem like me

whats your upload speed btw? i mean the download speed is 1mbps, but the upload?

Message 109 of 120 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 6, 2013
219 upload 1042 download 90 ms. Yestarday I played in the ps3 of my friend in his house, I could play without freezing... I think that i Will sell my game
Message 110 of 120 (190 Views)
0 Likes