Jun 17, 2013
Trying it right now, doesn't make a difference
Message 41 of 120 (594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: MP Freezing Problem

Jun 17, 2013

just switch ur internet provider ppl, problem solved...jeezz.

if u are currently happen to be locked in a contract, just tell them u cant play 'the last of us', i am sure they will understand. 

Message 42 of 120 (585 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 17, 2013

but it wasn't a problem before? I'm not that well read on this kind of stuff but this doesn't seem like an internet connection problem to me. and there's no way I'm switching my internet provider for this.

Message 43 of 120 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

LOL Raz you weren't the intended target of that sarcastic post ...

Also it was not a problem before because almost all devs who opt for p2p system, don't implement "Anti-cheat" system to curb LAG/latency issues, because they want the game to be playable by the maximum number of player pool, and this they have to do by compromising on the interests of those people who have a better ISP (LAG compensation), and by doing this the overall experience gets ruined for most, and you have some beasting the game with unimaginable scores.

The majority gets punished because of the minority. The only alternative to this is to have a large network of dedicated servers, a system which till now hasn't been opted by ND yet, for any of it's MP.

If you can't change your ISP, you will keep experiencing this problem until & unless ND change their Netcode. Let's see how this unfolds

Message 44 of 120 (566 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jun 17, 2013
no one can help me? PS3 freeze on loading screen MP
Message 45 of 120 (552 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

, Re: MP Freezing Problem

Jun 17, 2013

Haha ok.

Well, that sucks. Can't change my internet provider, it's locked to my appartment. I could get another one but I don't want to pay for two internet connections. Really hope they fix this or else they're gonna get a real bad reputation.

Message 46 of 120 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: , Re: MP Freezing Problem

Jun 17, 2013
Lol yes exactly that is also a reason why most devs don't opt for a strict Netcode, cos those who are outside the scope area will obviously feel betrayed and hence this leads to lot of bad publicity.

Let's see for how long ND stick it out.
Message 47 of 120 (541 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Hi Evan,

I have 14 meg down, 1.2 meg up wired connection, Nat 2 Open. No other devices in the house being used, but still get the MP freezing, Is there any other advice you could give us to play the multiplayer without the freezing error. I can't see how my connection could be any better. Would having a static IP affect it? It's a real shame as it's a great multiplayer, with more thoughtful people who like PTFO type games. I can't invest any time into it as I keep losing clan members due to freeszing and being kicked out randomly. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Message 48 of 120 (524 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: , Re: MP Freezing Problem

Jun 17, 2013

It's finally working! Had some problem to connect at all for a while, got an error message. But yeah, now it's working. Thanks alot for the replies :smileyhappy: gonna play the crap out of this game

Message 49 of 120 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

EvangM wrote:
Yeah, that definitely sounds like you are dropping packets somewhere. Our MP game institutes a fairly aggressive "anti-cheat" tech to prevent some nasty exploitation by those out there who just want to ruin everybody else's fun.

Are you on a hard line or wireless? Might want to check your signal quality if you're wireless, and if on a hard line, run a speed test. Sorry to hear it!

-EvangM

But what about those who can't get a better connection? I literally can only get 1.5mbps where I live. So the multiplayer is just cut off for me then? Because I can't play a match without my character freezing, and that's on a wired connection, AND when I have the internet to myself with nobody else connected. I get around 75 ping, which I hear is not the worst. I never had bad lag problems on Uncharted 2 or 3 either, and those are 5 on 5 matches instead of 4.

Message 50 of 120 (439 Views)
0 Likes