Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 06 2013
By: MissStFan87 Lombax Warrior 170 posts

MP issues at night?

6 replies 190 views Edited Aug 6, 2013

Has anyone else here noticed how the multiplayer seems to have more issues at night? The past few nights have been downright awful after 8:00 Central or so. And I'm not the only one experiencing this, as the majority of my friends complain about it as well. Last night it took nearly 30 minutes for us to start a 4v4 match with another clan, because the map wouldn't load. During this time we switched hosts several times, and lost a few people to disconnects.

Even in the event that a map (public match, or private) loads, the round is usually full of lag. Players take 10 seconds to die, people magically come back to life after being downed, etc. I, as well as the majority of the people I play with, just don't see these issues during playing sessions in the daytime. There has to be some reason for this.

Message 1 of 7 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: MP issues at night?

Aug 6, 2013

Since I only have a chance to play at night I can definitely confirm that accessing the MP at night is downright god awful. I couldn't even party up with a friend of mine. Just us two. We've never had any problems partying up in any games before until now. And as the night goes on, it gets worse until matchmaking just doesn't find anyone. 

Pretty choked, I can't lie. 

Message 2 of 7 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16305 posts

Aug 6, 2013
Yeah, you know, I thought this was just me.

Primetime used to be best for finding players, Now, its slow.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 3 of 7 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6196 posts

Aug 6, 2013
I think its because all the try hard kids using their neighbor's wifi get on lol

"No matter how hard you try... I guess you can't escape the past" - Joel

Message 4 of 7 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1381 posts

Aug 7, 2013

This is something that is getting more and more irritating. The MP seems mostly stable throughout the day but like you say, when evening comes around (about 7pm pacific my time) it gets really bad. Almost to the point where its unplayable. I will even  have such issues where if the host freezes and kicks everyone it will actually put my modem into a cycle mode for about 20 min.  Its dumb.

"I never said I supported what I said....... That said, I never said I didn't support it"
Message 5 of 7 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Aug 7, 2013
It's fine here in Europe. 7pm Pacific time means about 2or 3 in the morning here. So we can play all evening and don't have half the problems you do.
I guess that's one payoff to us as we were gypped with the whole censorship thing.
You get the gore, we get the much more stable matchmaking.
Karma eh?
Message 6 of 7 (106 Views)
Big Daddy
16305 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Last night, no trouble. Quick games, only a couple rage quit host drops.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 7 of 7 (82 Views)
0 Likes