Apr 17 2014
By: ChrisLCW First Son 3 posts

MP replacement players...

4 replies 117 views Edited Apr 17, 2014

Lately I noticed everytime someone rage quit or dropped out from a game for whatever reason. The server will always replaced a level 0 player.

Today I just had my worst game ever. Playing against a team of level 2XX, 3XX, and two level 1XX players. My teammates are level level 2XX, 1XX and one below hundred and I am a level 3XX player.

We started playing the game (supply raid) and doing not bad initially, the enemies team was leading but not by much. And then for don't know what reason, one player from my team left the game (I am not sure is he rage quit or what, we were not doing badly during that time). So the server replaced a level 0 player for us. The game get tougher for us, and then another player left, and the server replaced with another level 0 player, now that we got 2 level 0 players, the game turns really bad, me & the other high level player just can't cover all. And finally the other high level left as well (I guess he rage quit?), then the server replaced another level 0 player for me.

Wow! now I have three level 0 players with me facing entire team of high levels. Without telling, you guys should know how badly the game ends.

I am not here blaming the level 0 players, I started TLOU MP at level 0 as well as everyone else. I am just wondering on what logic the server fill in replacement players???

Sorry for the long rant. It's my first post here anyway.

Message 1 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Re: MP replacement players...

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

That's just a visual glitch. Those players aren't actually level 0.

Just remember their name, and then look at their level when you get back to the lobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcWPc6U5nM
Message 2 of 5 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

It's a late join bug.

Even if you are Level 999, you will appear as a Level 0 n00b when you late join matches.

@MacGruber310 

Any chance to fix this bug?

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 3 of 5 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 17, 2014

Oh really!? Then I really had a real bad game today, me sucks! LOL!

Thanks for clearing this for me : )

Message 4 of 5 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3667 posts

Apr 17, 2014
They weren't level 0 but they obviously weren't very good either. Level means nothing really.
Message 5 of 5 (73 Views)
0 Likes