Nov 10 2013
By: se7e11 Splicer 70 posts

Machete/2x4

[ Edited ]
150 replies 775 views Edited Nov 10, 2013

So I've been looking at some of the comments regarding the 2x4 and the machete as well as spending countless hours playing the multiplayer and forming my own opinion.

Now the general consensus is people feel the 2x4 is way too powerful when it's modded as its a one hit kill compared to the machete that costs 4 points and is less so damaging.

My recommendation is to keep the modded 2x4 a one hit kill if the player being attacked is not wearing armour (the helmet part of the armour). If the player being attacked is wearing armour then the 2x4 would require Brawler 2 to be a one hit kill.

The machete on the other hand could be a one hit kill with brawler regardless if the player being attacked is wearing armour. It would justify the high cost of the weapon as it is stronger when dealing with armoured enemies.

This would also make the helmet armour more prominent in the game besides stopping a headshot from downing you straight away.

What are your thoughts? Am I rambling, Am I making the greatest bit of sense mankind has never heard?

PS! It would be nice if when two players attack each other with 2x4's, if they both swing at more or less the same time ,the game won't automatically choose one of them to be downed by it. Instead they both get knocked back from each other slightly and would have to try and attack again.

PPS! Naughty Dog, love the game but please work out the kinks to allow people to hit each other with 2x4's through windows. 

Much love, and now I must get back to slaughtering those **bleep** hunters...

Stay frosty!

Message 1 of 151 (775 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Re: Machete/2x4

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

The 2x4 has nothing to do with armour as when its modded it hooks the neck. The neck has no armour. ND said if the machete became a one hit down weapon it would be OP. ND have already nerfed the 2x4 and have plans to buff the machete so I dont see the point of this thread.

Message 2 of 151 (758 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Nov 11, 2013

I had a few machete vs modded 2x4 moments today

I had the machete because my team was getting whooped and I got a swing on the guy and was mid 2nd swing and he just takes me down with the 2x4 which is pretty BS to me.

Message 3 of 151 (636 Views)
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 11, 2013

The Machete costs 4 loadout points because if it cost any less, then EVERYONE would be using it....

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 4 of 151 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7086 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Tavo973 wrote:

The Machete costs 4 loadout points because if it cost any less, then EVERYONE would be using it....

seeing as the free 2x4 is still more common and more effective once modded, I doubt that.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 5 of 151 (616 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Tavo973 wrote:

Still. The machete, modded or unmodded, is only slightly better than a 2x4 unmodded. Only difference is faster swing.

I still say give the machete some sort of shiv attack from behind to make it worth the 4 loadout points. I don't think that would be detrimental.

Message 6 of 151 (607 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 11, 2013

It could be either:

- Make it a one-hit down when modded.

or:

- Make it so the machete has 4 swings before breaking, adding 2 more when modded.

I would be happy with any of these two buffs.

What you guys think?

Message 7 of 151 (603 Views)
Limit Breaker
17632 posts

Nov 11, 2013

For it to be on par with other purchasables, it has to be able to deliver a couple of kills for a purchase.  

It can.  But it's not as quick or efficient as the 2x4, which is free, or the shiv, which is easier to make and can be free based on a perk.

The ND argument was that in a fight with an unmodded 2x4, it's faster.  But due to lag, you have to swing first to kill a 2x4 user, which means the speed isn't any real use.

Making it an unlimited, reusable shiv would be good.  But you'd have to introduce new animations.  I don't expect to see that for a weapon that might not even get used much.

I don't know what to do to it, specifically, but it's not worth the 4 points unless you're just out to have fun with it in the trolling vein.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 8 of 151 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

As I said before JCKiller ND said making it a one hit down will make the machete OP. ND already thought of it and decided no.

Message 9 of 151 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 11, 2013

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

As I said before JCKiller ND said making it a one hit down will make the machete OP. ND already thought of it and decided no.

Im sorry ACP, i did read your post but a thought that you were refering to the regular machete, not the modded one Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 151 (585 Views)
0 Likes