Reply
Survivor
Registered: 08/06/2012
Online
2258 posts
 

Re: Machete/2x4

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013
@Scotgar No The machete has at least 2 animations that can double as a stealth kill. Replay the SP again and either use the Machete more, or watch Bill gut an infected (the equivalent of a smoke shiv) and stab an infected in the back(shiv). Those animations can easily be used for the machete in the MP.
Message 11 of 151 (504 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
16348 posts
 

Re: Machete/2x4

Nov 11, 2013

Quinzen8 wrote:
@Scotgar No The machete has a move that can double as a stealth kill, play the SP again and either uae the Machete, or watch Bill gut an infected (the equivalent of a smoke shiv) and the simple yet effective back stab (shiv).

Wut?




The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.


Message 12 of 151 (502 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/16/2013
Offline
115 posts
 

Re: Machete/2x4

Nov 11, 2013

It would be nice if you could aim with the machete like in a game where you carry your sword, so that if you hit the head part of the enemy it is a one hit down, chest, legs etc. need still 2 hits for a down. As it is now this is just very simple press 2x the square button thats it, will not happen but would be nice.

sorry if my English is not good, I am no native speaker, +the auto.correction doesn't work in this forum o0
Message 13 of 151 (487 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/11/2009
Offline
141 posts
 

honestly... I use the machete a ton... I always attempt t...

Nov 11, 2013

honestly... I use the machete a ton... I always attempt to finish out the melee missions every week.  it is my opinion that as far as melee options go for fulfilling these high kill requirements... is to use brawler and use your fists, machete and UNMODDED 2x4.  there more potential for kills if you can drop an enemys health below half before swinging with a regular 2x4 or with two punches youve got it in the bag.  but the best method would be the machete.  with brawler 2 and even without that you can get 4 or 5 kills with it you play it right and get in close to some fools.

 

the machete does about 70% damage. this is up from the 2x4's 50% and the punch's 25%. so one revolver or semi auto round landed on an enemy before slashing with the matchete will down them.  even against an armored foe, if you can shoot him once in the legs first and then slash, youve got him.  

 

also i have found that a machete can save you from a 2x4 strike but only when using the steel fist method of firing one revolver or semi auto round prior to slashing. and this also only works if your revolver round interrupts their initial animation.  there is not enough time between the revolver round and your machete strike for the modded 2x4 to land a hit on you. but if you were to miss the shot that would interrupt the animation or fire too early with a revolver that is unupgraded... you might be stuck by the modded 2x4 as the animation between shots takes too long.  at least when not upgraded.  so it comes down to timing.  but i take out many people by firing one bullet and slashing or landing a hit and then rushing for the slice

are they really going to buff it? in what way? where has it been said that they will do this?  as for its price... its expensive if for no other reason than you can potentially keep it indefinitely.  but the loadout point cost is crippling.  again... considering all you need is a revolver and maybe sharpshooter 1 or a semi auto to make it really good for close quarters explains the high louadout point cost

i usually use the revolver, the machete, covert 2, brawler 2, and either sharpshooter1 or a semi auto rifle or some combination of reviver 1, explosion expert 1, and marathon runner 1.  but usually ee1 and mr1.  I usually get at least 15 melees during every melee mission 3 day span in supply raid and you can pull some pretty clutch moves with a similar loadout.  but you'd have to have played it enough to see its potential.

covert and brawler are even optional but i like the free shiv so i can save all binding and blades for the machete.  even though if you use it right, youd be lucky if you needed to upgrade it a third time in supply raid.  you could turn 2 machetes into 10 downs/assists

Message 14 of 151 (484 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
960 posts
 

Re: honestly... I use the machete a ton... I always attempt t...

Nov 11, 2013

OK, so somehow my Machete is gone after I died (with no binding) while everyone get to keep their Purchasable guns even if they die a million times. Although once, my El Diablo is also gone after I died after I emptied its clip.

 

For 4 LPs (note El Diablo cost 3 LPS), my machete is gone without even using it once just because I died (I use Machete as defence not necessary that I have to become a melee rusher just because I bought a Machete). This makes me doesn't want to use it. :smileyindifferent:

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos


Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 15 of 151 (475 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/06/2013
Offline
62 posts
 

Re: Machete/2x4

Nov 11, 2013

I have to disagree I have tried my fair bit of the machete and am still not impressed with it at all.

 

It's not difficult to get a 2x4 which generally will down a person in two hits and it's nearly as easy to mod it for a one hit kill.

The strength of the 2x4 basically nullifies the machete entirely.

Message 16 of 151 (464 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2013
Offline
468 posts
 

Re: Machete/2x4

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Tavo973 wrote:

The Machete costs 4 loadout points because if it cost any less, then EVERYONE would be using it....


seeing as the free 2x4 is still more common and more effective once modded, I doubt that.


Obviously, because it's FREE!!! If the Machete costs say 2-3 loadout points there would definitely be an increase in the usage.  Who would need guns anymore when everyone's gonna be running around with a machete just mashing the square button.....


Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 17 of 151 (453 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2013
Offline
468 posts
 

Re: honestly... I use the machete a ton... I always attempt t...

Nov 11, 2013

mrsjimmymare wrote:

OK, so somehow my Machete is gone after I died (with no binding) while everyone get to keep their Purchasable guns even if they die a million times. Although once, my El Diablo is also gone after I died after I emptied its clip.

 

For 4 LPs (note El Diablo cost 3 LPS), my machete is gone without even using it once just because I died (I use Machete as defence not necessary that I have to become a melee rusher just because I bought a Machete). This makes me doesn't want to use it. :smileyindifferent:

 


The only thing that I think may have happened there is maybe u changed your loadout mid-game to a loadout that doesn't have that purchaseable weapon.


Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 18 of 151 (451 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6275 posts
 

Re: Machete/2x4

Nov 11, 2013

Tavo973 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Tavo973 wrote:

The Machete costs 4 loadout points because if it cost any less, then EVERYONE would be using it....


seeing as the free 2x4 is still more common and more effective once modded, I doubt that.


Obviously, because it's FREE!!! If the Machete costs say 2-3 loadout points there would definitely be an increase in the usage.  Who would need guns anymore when everyone's gonna be running around with a machete just mashing the square button.....


People would still opt to use a better purchaseable (which at this point is all of them except machete) combined with a modded 2x4. While decreasing loadout points will make it used more, which isn't a bad thing, it still needs something on it to give people a reason to pick it over the stock 2x4

 photo Sniper.png
Message 19 of 151 (447 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2013
Offline
468 posts
 

Re: Machete/2x4

Nov 11, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Tavo973 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Tavo973 wrote:

The Machete costs 4 loadout points because if it cost any less, then EVERYONE would be using it....


seeing as the free 2x4 is still more common and more effective once modded, I doubt that.


Obviously, because it's FREE!!! If the Machete costs say 2-3 loadout points there would definitely be an increase in the usage.  Who would need guns anymore when everyone's gonna be running around with a machete just mashing the square button.....


People would still opt to use a better purchaseable (which at this point is all of them except machete) combined with a modded 2x4. While decreasing loadout points will make it used more, which isn't a bad thing, it still needs something on it to give people a reason to pick it over the stock 2x4


I have to disagree man, people would opt to just mashing square instead of having to aim, hence why the modded 2x4 has become considered OP (debateable), if the machete was cheaper then more people would use it and it would become just as OP and overused as the modded 2x4 was/is.


Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 20 of 151 (444 Views)
Reply
0 Likes