Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5992 posts

Re: Machete/2x4

Nov 11, 2013

difference being that a military sniper is still more effective than a hunting rifle.

A "skilled" machete user can be downed by a modded 2x4 literally all the time, unless the guy is either already hurt, or has a slow reaction.

Even without a headshot, a military sniper can still down an hunting rifle given the players are equally matched.

For you to think the machete is good where it is, is laughable.

photo Sniper.png
Message 31 of 151 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Nov 11, 2013

afair military sniper is 4 pts, HR is 2 and military sniper has a significant edge over HR.

machete is 4 while plank is 0. when upgraded machete (on its own) loses to something thats free and drops like crazy in interrogation (im assuming supply as well).

you dont seem to get that when discussing balance neither personal preference nor individual skill should matter.

give two exactly the same players MS and HR respectively and the outcome is obvious. same goes for machete and plank.

Message 32 of 151 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Lol, the fact that guys keep repeating the same thing over and over shows you have no valid points other than repeating things over and over until they're true.......

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 33 of 151 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 11, 2013

scootgar wrote:
How many would a bunch be?

Why don't you lighten up just a little bit?

Did u run out of things to argue back? lol...

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 34 of 151 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5992 posts

Nov 11, 2013

You never gave an argument...

Your only points are, if the machete is changed, it will be used more and that you know people who use it. That isn't really anything to argue...

It being used more will be a good thing. It will give people 2 different melee weapons to choose from instead of everyone having the 2x4 because the machete sucks.

when you compare it to the other melee weapon, it sucks, when you compare it to other purchaseables it isn't worth the cost. Why use a 4 point machete, when a 3 point shotgun or 2 point flamethrower does close-range much better than it, since they are both able to defeat the 2x4 while the machete can't; as well as the 4 point military sniper is a much better investment. Just the same, why spend 4-7 loadout points (brawler 2 + machete) for a subpar melee weapon that has low durability when chances are you will always get a 2x4 with the ability to mod it for free in the match.

you never gave an argument to begin with, so stop trying to act like you made an awesome defence for keeping the machete the same because you gave no reason at all.

photo Sniper.png
Message 35 of 151 (170 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Tavo you can stop embarrassing yourself now if you like or I can get some popcorn and carry on reading your dribble you call a debate lol.

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Message 36 of 151 (164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

Seems like all this arguing back and forth can very well be sorted by doing what I suggest in the first post.

Make the machete a one hit kil weapon against people with head armour, and make the modded 2x4 NOT a one hit kill against people with armour. It means the machete costs just as much but its usefulness is raised without being overpowered. It also means the modded 2x4 is no longer overpowered to the degree that it is. Everyone wins.

I rarely come across enemies with a machete and the only time I lose against them is if I'm already wounded or I don't have a modded 2x4 handy. However the times I'm injured when I go up against a machete wielding maniac he may as well come at me with his mits because a punch is all that is needed to down me.

Just to be radical, what if the machete could be used to attack several enemies at the same time, Jackie Chan style!?!? 

-Always remember when debating with people, assume they are idiots.

Message 37 of 151 (151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Nov 11, 2013

^ Isent assuming everyone who you debate with is a idiot the kind of thing that a idiot would do?

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Message 38 of 151 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Nov 11, 2013

I was on the fence as to whether I should write that last line or not... but then I figure hey, maybe people aren't idiots and know how to take a joke. Clearly I was wrong.

Message 39 of 151 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16306 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

Tavo973 wrote:

scootgar wrote:
How many would a bunch be?

Why don't you lighten up just a little bit?

Did u run out of things to argue back? lol...

You said there were a bunch of great players you knew who used it to great effect.

I don't think it's true.  I think that's internet-speak for, "I have seen maybe one or two of my friends use a machete, and they did ok, therefore it's fine for everyday use.  I'm'a post that I know a bunch of people, and that'll sway the argument."

How many is this bunch?  I simply don't believe you.

And throwing out "hurr hurr, out of arguments are you?" is childish.   If I explain how gravity works, and you don't believe me, I don't lose the argument because it's my only proof.  You just demonstrate ignorance.  In the real sense: lack of understanding.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 40 of 151 (130 Views)