Sackboy
468 posts

Re: Machete/2x4

Nov 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Tavo973 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

You never gave an argument...

Your only points are, if the machete is changed, it will be used more and that you know people who use it. That isn't really anything to argue...

It being used more will be a good thing. It will give people 2 different melee weapons to choose from instead of everyone having the 2x4 because the machete sucks.

when you compare it to the other melee weapon, it sucks, when you compare it to other purchaseables it isn't worth the cost. Why use a 4 point machete, when a 3 point shotgun or 2 point flamethrower does close-range much better than it, since they are both able to defeat the 2x4 while the machete can't; as well as the 4 point military sniper is a much better investment. Just the same, why spend 4-7 loadout points (brawler 2 + machete) for a subpar melee weapon that has low durability when chances are you will always get a 2x4 with the ability to mod it for free in the match.

you never gave an argument to begin with, so stop trying to act like you made an awesome defence for keeping the machete the same because you gave no reason at all.

Lol, don't act like the machete sucks, I guarantee you anytime you've found the machete in a supply box you were super excited =P

You guys just want the machete to be more accessible so u guys can abuse it the same way the 2x4 was/is abused, the 4 points for it is fine the way it is, you can buy it once and keep it the whole match, unlike the shotgun or flamethrower, where the shotgun's bullets go WAAAAYYY up after the first few bullets you buy.

everytime I got a machete in a box and already had a 2x4 on me I left it there...

and no you still have to upkeep it, after 1 down with it upgraded (1 1/2 if using brawler) you have to waste another binding and blade on it, late in the match that will be put to better use on a 2x4 or a molotov or bomb.

Whereas parts for other purchaseables being used as ammo is more lenient as parts spent on upgrades stay so you don't have to refirbish those and armour/no armour is the only thing you have to decide for buying ammo for guns. And even then, thanks to the welfare you can get tons of ammo for purchaseable weapons, sometimes enough to kill the enemy twice over.

4 points and 300+(don't know exact cost) parts for a weapon that can down one guy if not tendered to is ridiculous... The only way it becomes even usable is if you invest half of your loadout points into it and constantly waste supplies that can go to shivs, molotovs, and bombs. Yet, even then...someone with a modded 2x4 they got during the match can down you easily.

This is melee, no aim involved and very little skill is required to do so. It should be a stronger alternative to the 2x4, yet it is barely struggling to be equal to the thing, with the points and cost needed to maintain it, it is clearly not worth it.

It should be accesible as it is a no-brainer to use and if used more, will actually alleviate the abundance of 2x4s since people will actually have a decent alternative to it.

Machete does suck, give me a scenario where it works better than any other weapon nearly everytime, just 1.

Tavo973 wrote:

scootgar wrote:
You don't keep it the whole match.

It has a set number of hits before you have to buy another, or re-upgrade it.

Lol, I obviously meant that u can keep re-upgrading it for the whole match <------- These are things that separate a pro machete user from the average machete user =)

notice how he already mentioned re-upgrading it. Wasting arguably 2 of the most useful materials on a machete all match is such a waste. Especially when you can use those making explosives, or even better...modding a better melee weapon (2x4)

Didn't you write something similar a few pages back about how it's not up to par with the other weapons?  There u go repeating the same things again......

Lol, the machete is the best upgradeable when it comes to stealth, not to mention that armor does practically nothing against it, you can get those two  swipes in faster than it takes for the engine on the Flamethrower to start up when creeping up on unsuspecting players.

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 51 of 151 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2013

The machete is not bad if you use it properly, I take out entire teams with it sometimes, ok not only with it but it makes it easier to kill the enemies in a row, take out the first 2 for example with bombs and then rush in with the machete and all 4 are down within seconds.  I prefer the machete i hardly use 2x4 this thing is slow and boring I drop the stick if i can have the machete instead.

The points are to high 3 points would be enough for it it, a 2 hit down like el diablo, so why not 3 points.

sorry if my English is not good, I am no native speaker, +the auto.correction doesn't work in this forum o0
Message 52 of 151 (196 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7102 posts

Nov 12, 2013

2x4 is still better, and free

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 53 of 151 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

Oi Tavo wheres me video? This is just getting interesting. Are you gonna teabag in video? Also I want some pwnage in video too thanks Smiley Happy Dont keep ya fans waiting bro.

Message 54 of 151 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Nov 13, 2013
I used to think the machete was a bit naff.
But in all honesty Ive come to love it.

You cant really bas a class araound it which is the problem with it being 4 points.

But I have a class with covert 2, silenced shorty, rifle and machete. And it works really well. You can take down 3 people with it if you are smart. I almost made the most amazing comeback with it.

Honesly I think it should be 4 points still but it needs a tiny buff.
Message 55 of 151 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 13, 2013

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

Oi Tavo wheres me video? This is just getting interesting. Are you gonna teabag in video? Also I want some pwnage in video too thanks Smiley Happy Dont keep ya fans waiting bro.

Lol, no there's no teabagging, I only teabag when people do it to me, there's a rage quitter in there tho.... =)

It'll be up in less than an hour....

Message 56 of 151 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 13, 2013

This was definitely a machete fest.... lol

Message 57 of 151 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Lol, don't act like the machete sucks, I guarantee you anytime you've found the machete in a supply box you were super excited =P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anytime I found the machete in a box I would be excited, sure. Unless I was already carrying a modded 2x4 then i would just think "whats the point in downgrading just to carry a machete around..."

Message 58 of 151 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7102 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

umm literally every machete down in the video was on an already injured person... the one machete kill that was actually on a full hp person was against another guy using a machete >.>

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 59 of 151 (131 Views)
Limit Breaker
17641 posts

Nov 13, 2013
Machete can kill 4 people if your clever?

For half the points a flamethrower will kill 4 and you barely have to aim.

You dint have to down a room with bombs to kill everyone in it...if you're clever.

I love the gimmick weapons, but machete is weak. If you were in a tournament match, would you equip it over the other weapons?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 60 of 151 (115 Views)
0 Likes