Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Re: Machete/2x4

Nov 13, 2013
Half the points? I have had matches where I only have to buy the machete once. I know you meant load out points. But the flamehrower costs FAR more parts to use.

The machete is a great weapon. Judging it on its own is not fair. Used intelligently with other weapons it is amazing. Its fast and has speedy recovery. If you flank a team with a silenced weappn and a machete they are all dead.

thats why I use it with the silenced shorty. Even people in armour. Shoot them in the legs, slash once, down. I took down three people in a row with it yeserday.

Or for example if you throw a bomb at a group and dont down everyone. You can quite confidenlty charge in there with armour and finish everyone off with no trouble.

I think they should just give the machete 3 uses by default. Instead of 2
Message 61 of 151 (172 Views)
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Nov 13, 2013

fadecy wrote:
Half the points? I have had matches where I only have to buy the machete once. I know you meant load out points. But the flamehrower costs FAR more parts to use.

The machete is a great weapon. Judging it on its own is not fair. Used intelligently with other weapons it is amazing. Its fast and has speedy recovery. If you flank a team with a silenced weappn and a machete they are all dead.

thats why I use it with the silenced shorty. Even people in armour. Shoot them in the legs, slash once, down. I took down three people in a row with it yeserday.

Or for example if you throw a bomb at a group and dont down everyone. You can quite confidenlty charge in there with armour and finish everyone off with no trouble.

Ill tell you why the flamethrower owns the machete: (though im not trying to take away from what you said)

Xflamethrower cost 2. machete cost 4

Xflamethrower needs no booster help. machete needs brawler 2 (2 points vs 7 points)

Xflamethrower has much better range. machete has no range

Xflamethrower cost much less to maintain

Thats my opinion.

Message 62 of 151 (168 Views)
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Nov 13, 2013

fadecy wrote:

For balance i think machete should cost 3 not 4, and should come with 3 uses not 2.

Message 63 of 151 (165 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6974 posts

Nov 13, 2013

fadecy wrote:

you can do the same with a 2x4 and it's free

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 64 of 151 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Nov 13, 2013

reeLONGBOW wrote:

fadecy wrote:

Ill tell you why the flamethrower owns the machete: (though im not trying to take away from what you said)

Xflamethrower cost 2. machete cost 4

Xflamethrower needs no booster help. machete needs brawler 2 (2 points vs 7 points)

Xflamethrower has much better range. machete has no range

Xflamethrower cost much less to maintain

Thats my opinion.

Well sure it does if you give two people each one and set thme head to head witrh full health. But that's not the point.

I downed a flamethrower user with it the other day. I saw him coming for me. Shot him. Ducked behind some cover so he couldn't hit me (the flamethrower is notoriously bad at shooting over horizontal cover) then sprinted out and whacked him when he ran out of juice.

The machete doesn't nee booster help at all. The only perk I use with it is covert training and silenced shorty. One extra hit and 10% health back every time you hit someone isn't going to help you a great deal. maybe in those 50 50 situations. but then idealy you shouldn't be getting into those.

Message 65 of 151 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Nov 14, 2013

fadecy wrote:

I downed a flamethrower user with it the other day. I saw him coming for me. Shot him. Ducked behind some cover so he couldn't hit me (the flamethrower is notoriously bad at shooting over horizontal cover) then sprinted out and whacked him when he ran out of juice.

The inability of a flamethrower user to properly confront you doesn't boast for the machete, but indicts him or praises you.

The machete is weak.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 66 of 151 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 14, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Machete can kill 4 people if your clever?

For half the points a flamethrower will kill 4 and you barely have to aim.

You dint have to down a room with bombs to kill everyone in it...if you're clever.

I love the gimmick weapons, but machete is weak. If you were in a tournament match, would you equip it over the other weapons?

1. Purchaseables can't be used in the tournament

2. You won't catch me in a tournament for multiple reasons

a.I'm in college right now so I can't commit to it

b.I don't have an AMAZING team of 4 people

c.I don't play this game THAT seriously....

3.I'm finished.... =)

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 67 of 151 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2220 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Yo @Tavo973 youre a good player. props to you dude.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 68 of 151 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 14, 2013

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

Lol, thanks man, you're not so bad yourself

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 69 of 151 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2220 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Tavo973 wrote:

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

Lol, thanks man, you're not so bad yourself

haha ur welcome and thanks. what happened to ur 4th? did he lag out? cuz i know that happens now -_-

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 70 of 151 (110 Views)
0 Likes