468 posts

Re: Machete/2x4

Nov 15, 2013

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

Tavo973 wrote:

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

Tavo973 wrote:

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

Yo @Tavo973 youre a good player. props to you dude.

Lol, thanks man, you're not so bad yourself

haha ur welcome and thanks. what happened to ur 4th? did he lag out? cuz i know that happens now -_-

Lol, I swear that happened for almost every match after that man.....

I was in a party with my bud but his connection is pretty bad so we keep gettin kicked from matches or one of our teammates lag out for some reason.....

We actually managed to pull off a 3v4 match win in Survivors mode against some idiots/noobies

But yea everytime he joins my party we're literally stuck in the lobby for over 15 minutes lookin for a match......

ah okay thats what i thought lol cuz i didnt really understand why he would leave at the beginning of the match haha

and thats good finally won one haha you should try making different ppl party leaders and see what happens?

and you know whats funny i actually had a machete as a purchasable in the game we played lol

people dont really expect the machete in Survivors Smiley Very Happy

Lol, Machete's the best in Survivors, especially since there's no 2x4's in that mode, I've been seeing a lot of machete's being used lately.....  Is the trend starting? =P

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 81 of 151 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6967 posts

Nov 15, 2013

supply raid =/= survivors

interrogation =/= survivors

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 82 of 151 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Im Sand dudes mistress? first I heard of that. Sand dude when were you thinking of letting me into this bit of info? Ive got a man for everyday of the week so Im going to struggle to fit you in Sand dude.

Message 83 of 151 (227 Views)
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 15, 2013

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

Im Sand dudes mistress? first I heard of that. Sand dude when were you thinking of letting me into this bit of info? Ive got a man for everyday of the week so Im going to struggle to fit you in Sand dude.

Lol, when i saw you repeat what he wrote, I just saw this picture of a Mob boss talkin trash and then his wife standin next to him puts her two sense in and looks stupid.....

(Not callin you stupid, just tryin to illustrate the picture better ACP)

Btw, I thought you had your popcorn, what happened u ate it all?

Message 84 of 151 (221 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

^ Lol Tavo no problem. Ive enjoyed joking with you Smiley Happy Yeah my popcorn ran out so I need some more. I was really disappointed you didn't teabag though. I just think that without da teabag its not as fun. You know you wanna post a machete teabag game here. Just give in to the teabag or in my case give in to the taco drop Smiley Happy

Message 85 of 151 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

^ Lol Tavo no problem. Ive enjoyed joking with you Smiley Happy Yeah my popcorn ran out so I need some more. I was really disappointed you didn't teabag though. I just think that without da teabag its not as fun. You know you wanna post a machete teabag game here. Just give in to the teabag or in my case give in to the taco drop Smiley Happy

LOL, the taco drop??? o.O

My teammate teabagged, he was the one goin to work with the machete anyways, he deserved it to do it.

I'll make sure to teabag next time and dedicate it to you =P

Message 86 of 151 (206 Views)
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

OK, so I ran a lot of machete loadouts this weekend, and still conclude that this thing just needs...something.

The number one most pointed issue with it is its inability to win a one-v-one with anyone wielding a Nail Stick.

You can surprise them, you can blindside them, but if they hit square before your second swing...You.  Are.  Dead.

It's fantastic against someone already low enough on health that one swing puts them down.  But what other Purchasable requires help from other weapons?

With the guaranteed 2x4, after 5-6 boxes, it's rendered almost 100% completely pointless.   I killed two guys early, bought the Machete and then... got a 2x4 in the next box.  4 loadout points and 400 parts for this?

No doubt it's a riot to execute with it.  And if you wade into a melee, it's slicing up the half-injured folk.  But it's not anywhere near the effective weapon every other purchasable is.  

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 87 of 151 (158 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

scootgar wrote:

OK, so I ran a lot of machete loadouts this weekend, and still conclude that this thing just needs...something.

The number one most pointed issue with it is its inability to win a one-v-one with anyone wielding a Nail Stick.

You can surprise them, you can blindside them, but if they hit square before your second swing...You.  Are.  Dead.

It's fantastic against someone already low enough on health that one swing puts them down.  But what other Purchasable requires help from other weapons?

With the guaranteed 2x4, after 5-6 boxes, it's rendered almost 100% completely pointless.   I killed two guys early, bought the Machete and then... got a 2x4 in the next box.  4 loadout points and 400 parts for this?

No doubt it's a riot to execute with it.  And if you wade into a melee, it's slicing up the half-injured folk.  But it's not anywhere near the effective weapon every other purchasable is.  

I agree with you. I hate the fact that I bought a Machete and then I found a 2x4. 4 LPs.

Machete is a guaranteed for LMS on Survivors.
Why do you need it as a Purchasable? And it wouldn't win a 2X4 like Scootgar stated.

Machete works like Shorty, before your 2nd hit anything can happen and you are dead.

Better pray luck is on your side if you use a Machete as an assault weapon.

I've also seen players swing their first hit then got dance shivved after that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 88 of 151 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

scootgar wrote:

indeed, it could use something.

but lets not forget that combined with a shot from basically anything (not sure if 1 bullet from 9mm or burst is enough) it becomes a 1hit down melee weapon that wins vs upgraded plank rather consistently. admittedly shorty + unupgraded plank works pretty much the same but hey... machete is faster at least.

id say either leave it as it is, because it does work rather well if you commit to it, or give it a very minor buff. nothing near 1hko (upgraded or not).

maybe 3 starting durability? that would equal the durability of the upgraded plank provided brawler2 is being used. there are these situations where you get surprised and the only thing you have time for is hacking. sometimes id rather risk getting downed than losing my machete. especially since upgrading it without saving blade/binding just for that purpose can be extremely difficult with the welfare system as it is right now.

or maybe a very slight speed increase to make it even more consistent vs plank. or a slightly lower purchase cost.

dunno, but 3 durability seems most reasonable. or just leave it, its fun and can be very dangerous while saving you parts for 2nd level upgrades and/or lots of armour.

Message 89 of 151 (134 Views)
Fender Bender
3564 posts

Nov 17, 2013
scootgar wrote : OK, so I ran a lot of machete loadouts this weekend, and still conclude that this thing just needs...something.

You can surprise them, you can blindside them, but if they hit square before your second swing...You. Are. Dead.

It's fantastic against someone already low enough on health that one swing puts them down. But what other Purchasable requires help from other weapons?

With the guaranteed 2x4, after 5-6 boxes, it's rendered almost 100% completely pointless. I killed two guys early, bought the Machete and then... got a 2x4 in the next box. 4 loadout points and 400 parts for this?

No doubt it's a riot to execute with it. And if you wade into a melee, it's slicing up the half-injured folk. But it's not anywhere near the effective weapon every other purchasable is.
It is beast in survivors where the plank has been banished and Ik people who beast with the machete in survivors . Let's not expect to be last man standing it is good when you buy and keep for several rounds and keep recrafting . Every other mode it is not nearly as good however in survivors mode it is very good.
Message 90 of 151 (129 Views)