Treasure Hunter
6484 posts

Re: Machete is OP

May 11, 2014

Sorry it isn't good enough to take on shotguns and automatic guns...

it staggers the 2x4 now, so it substantially wins much more of the fights against it, like it's meant to. Also using it, I also noticed that it's durability replenishes itself. I think someone already pointed that out. but that means the shorty combo is better than ever with it technically as all you need is to buy 1 and die after every 1-2 downs to keep it indefinitly. Obviously you don't wanna keep dying to do it, but something to consider in interrogation.

photo Sniper.png
Message 41 of 62 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

May 11, 2014

So I decide to give the machete another chance, seeing as I've used it since the beginning.  I go shiv a guy using STEALTH, run for cover because the other guys notice one of their own just died.  I prepare to hit him with the machete and guess what the mother **bleep** dance shiv is back.  

He did not use stealth, I slash him with the machete only for him to go around back and shiv me.  This is NOT FAIR.

FIX THIS **bleep** THING.

忍びの者
Message 42 of 62 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

Sorry it isn't good enough to take on shotguns and automatic guns...

it staggers the 2x4 now, so it substantially wins much more of the fights against it, like it's meant to. Also using it, I also noticed that it's durability replenishes itself. I think someone already pointed that out. but that means the shorty combo is better than ever with it technically as all you need is to buy 1 and die after every 1-2 downs to keep it indefinitly. Obviously you don't wanna keep dying to do it, but something to consider in interrogation.

and its nice that it does, no argument here.

you noticed it *now*? really? Smiley Happy

yes, base durability is better than upgraded because of that. it wasnt simply added tho, they just swapped 1 upgrade for 1 base and then eliminated most 1/2 combos with dmg reduction.

theres one more thing you can do with it actually - upgrade it and you can switch to another purchasable, you wont lose it as long as you dont die with it w/o any upgraded durability. it behaves like a plank at that point in terms of losing/keeping it (doesnt work in surv, thankfully).

Message 43 of 62 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6484 posts

May 12, 2014

I only just now used it standalone, I've been flip-flopping loadouts like every game i play to try out differing combinations. I used the machete a few times, though I just barely had a game where I died several times with a half used machete for me to truly take notice.

photo Sniper.png
Message 44 of 62 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2014

Op are you kidding? It's useless now, so you can save yourself one time from the 2x4? Big deal you can save yourself with a 9mm too, it's much worse than it used to be, especially since modding it which now requires 4 items (including the machete) only gives you two extra hits, it would be a greatweapon if it did at least as much as the 2x4 (unmodded) and had a quick two swing that would interrupt the death stick, this way it still beats the scissor stick and you get more than one down out of it, I mean if it's gonna cost more than the shotgun, it should be able to do a little more, ND wanted to make it a weapon more viable on its own right? Cuz right now it's more of a weapon you have to baby sit because it breaks so quickly,

Message 45 of 62 (183 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

May 17, 2014
The Stick Of Death still outdoes the Angry Colombian 1 way or another
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Message 46 of 62 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
700 posts

May 20, 2014

Yup, the machete sure isn't as scary as it used to be,

Message 47 of 62 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2820 posts

May 21, 2014
One thing that would had been nice, is if they let the machete act like a shiv, meaning if you don't have a shiv the Machete will act like one, but if your machete is out and you have a shiv, the Machete will take priority over it, opposite if it's on your back of course.

Now! Everyone knows they'd like to see the Hatchet in the game, well viola the Hatchet will be the one to function just like the Machete we have today, but it will be a quick 2 hit down with 4 uses, 1-2 when modded. Than the Pipe would take 3 hit to down, swinging a bit slower than the Machete. Both this and the Bat (pretty much a 2x4 with 6 hits instead of 2) are rare to find from a box, but the other two will be purchase only.

But my melee weapon fetish aside, I think the new Machete is way more scary than the old one, people legit run from me when I use it (to no avail). Plus the Shorty-Chete combo still works! Add a Bow or HR, and the finisher will never fail you!
Message 48 of 62 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

May 21, 2014

ND really f*cked up the machete. I miss my one shot from a revolver and one swipe from the machete combo. Now it is pretty much useless...I could care less if it automatically beats a 2x4 in a one-on-one enounter, I used to be able to do that all the time anyways.

It is pretty funny some people actually consider this new version "OP". My guess is they never figured out to use it before ND nerfed it to hell.

Message 49 of 62 (100 Views)
Fender Bender
2820 posts

May 21, 2014
^I did and I can still say I like this version better. The only thing I'd change is it being 3 hits to down.
Message 50 of 62 (161 Views)
0 Likes