Sackboy
388 posts

Re: Machete is OP

May 9, 2014

Peace!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Message 21 of 62 (443 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

May 9, 2014

I'm seeing a huge influx of machete rushers, it used to be a great ambush weapon that guaranteed kills.  

Now, idk, it's outlived it's purpose for me.  I has a sad.

忍びの者
Message 22 of 62 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

May 9, 2014

Are you kidding? I love machetes Smiley Wink

young beard signature
Message 23 of 62 (434 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

May 9, 2014

Evoslip wrote:
Its cool that it halts the 2x4 but the three strike is too quick. Shooting them doesn't even halt their animation, Guns > melee ya know. Combine it with that magnetic lunge and lag and its just too beastly.

Really?   

See, this is what drives people crazy.  The Machete needed to be better than the 2x4.  Almost everyone I ever saw say anything stated this.  The machete, a purchasable with a high cost, was always beaten by the 2x4 Upgrade, even if you swing first.

Now, it is, and it's OP?

Please, people, get over your personal grievances and try not to complain when legitimate buffs are made, and try not to force idiotic enhancements like Fully Automatic Rifles and Purchasables with inasane RoFs.

Message 24 of 62 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 9, 2014

Shiny_Pony_ wrote:

Evoslip wrote:
Its cool that it halts the 2x4 but the three strike is too quick. Shooting them doesn't even halt their animation, Guns > melee ya know. Combine it with that magnetic lunge and lag and its just too beastly.

Really?   

See, this is what drives people crazy.  The Machete needed to be better than the 2x4.  Almost everyone I ever saw say anything stated this.  The machete, a purchasable with a high cost, was always beaten by the 2x4 Upgrade, even if you swing first.

Now, it is, and it's OP?

Please, people, get over your personal grievances and try not to complain when legitimate buffs are made, and try not to force idiotic enhancements like Fully Automatic Rifles and Purchasables with inasane RoFs.

^ Scoot nailed it.

Message 25 of 62 (397 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

May 9, 2014

"If I'm honest, I like the old machete better. 

If they could make it down in 2 hits and have a fast 2 swing (But not as fast as the current 3 swing), and make the mod add 2 hits without brawler and 3 with braweler, and decrease the stagger by a tad, I think it'll be balanced, especially for it's price. 

So basically somewhere between old-chete and new-chete. Just my opinion... "

Sweet tooth supports this COMMENT

dasda

Message 26 of 62 (379 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3390 posts

May 10, 2014
No one who actually used the machete pre patch wanted it "buffed". Only the random whiners on the forums crying because its useless in one gamemode (supply raid). I'll bet that most of those whiners did not use the machete at all in their purchasable slot. And now ND is trying to justify their machete "buff" in the AMA saying how they never intended for the shorty chete quick down. If you never intended for that to happen, please tell me why you would include a **bleep** two hit, slow as **bleep**, melee weapon as a PURCHASABLE when you get a piece of wood from a supply box, that, when modded, it becomes an INSTA DOWN. Surely those two should have been swapped,no? The machete also benefits LESS from brawler 2 (which in the beginning, used to be brawler 1 for two modded hit sticks, and the machete used to cost 4 LP) than the free hit stick, even more so now. You get 5 hits with brawler two, not even enough for two downs. This is ridiculous, ND should just admit it was a blatant nerf to the machete. They just needed to cater to noobies by making it an easy down like the 2x4 (even though its worse than it) with a 3 quick swipe, then needing to buy it again so noobs can go "mlg rambo" all day. Really sad you decide to change the purchasable NOW,when whiners were complaining about the machete being "terrible" ever since it came out.
Should have just made it-
Interrupt the 2x4
Give it 3 hits unmodded
Thats it, Thats ALL you needed to do. And you dun goofed ND.

The only "OP "thing i see about the machete is that not even my 9mm fully upgraded stuns them.
A funny moment happened today. I actually played supply raid! Wait it gets better. It was 1v3 sudden death on checkpoint. So im in the building opposite of the theatre. I place a bomb near the stairwell, near the ladder on the side, not the front. I know theres a guy using the machete on the other team. They all start rushing at me. Good thing they all decide to go through my traps, well at least two of them. I execute the guy who came from the ladder,and they guy from the stairs is still downed. I have a molotov, EE2, and a launcher left: not a very good combo for close quarters combat, correct? Unlike the machete.... Anyways, i hop down through the hole in thew all and I see this machete fellow trying to revive his teammate. I do a quick launcher shot and he starts running towards me, I run right side,through the door, and hes using them magnets to reach me, hes got TWO HITS on me, i need to do some quick thinking. 9mm, wont work.... smoke bomb wont work.... desperate times calls desperate measures. I pull out the molly, quickly arc throw it behind him JUST BEFORE he gets that last swipe....BAM! We both died because of my EE2, but guess who won.... Yup... i did. As you can see, with the shorty chete, he could havee asily foiled my plan. No launcher, EE2 and molotov weilder is gonna survive a shorty chete combo in checkpoint.
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 27 of 62 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7074 posts

May 10, 2014

no, it needed it, nobody used it for a reason, except for giggles. and the thing sucked in interrogation too. Just cuz you, and only you, enjoy either devoting your whole loadout to it or think using it paired with other weapons is what's suppose to make it good, doesn't mean it does.

They made the various changes to it for balance reasons, if they kept it a 2 hit down, but increased the durability, that would have been 3 downs, or 6 downs from 1 purchase of the machete! That's more than any purchase from a purchaseable can do.

on a side note, it feels like they made stopping melee a whole lot easier, that any decent firing rate weapon can stop the 2x4 or machete in their tracks, which makes sense I suppose.

AND STOP MENTIONING THE SHORTY/MACHETE COMBO! IT WAS POSSIBLE WITH THE 2X4 ANYWAY, MAKING THE MACHETE POINTLESS(STILL).

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 28 of 62 (337 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

May 10, 2014

ExOTiC1234 wrote:
No one who actually used the machete pre patch wanted it "buffed". Only the random whiners on the forums crying because its useless in one gamemode (supply raid). I'll bet that most of those whiners did not use the machete at all in their purchasable slot. And now ND is trying to justify their machete "buff" in the AMA saying how they never intended for the shorty chete quick down. If you never intended for that to happen, please tell me why you would include a **bleep** two hit, slow as **bleep**, melee weapon as a PURCHASABLE when you get a piece of wood from a supply box, that, when modded, it becomes an INSTA DOWN. Surely those two should have been swapped,no? The machete also benefits LESS from brawler 2 (which in the beginning, used to be brawler 1 for two modded hit sticks, and the machete used to cost 4 LP) than the free hit stick, even more so now. You get 5 hits with brawler two, not even enough for two downs. This is ridiculous, ND should just admit it was a blatant nerf to the machete. They just needed to cater to noobies by making it an easy down like the 2x4 (even though its worse than it) with a 3 quick swipe, then needing to buy it again so noobs can go "mlg rambo" all day. Really sad you decide to change the purchasable NOW,when whiners were complaining about the machete being "terrible" ever since it came out.
Should have just made it-
Interrupt the 2x4
Give it 3 hits unmodded
Thats it, Thats ALL you needed to do. And you dun goofed ND.

The only "OP "thing i see about the machete is that not even my 9mm fully upgraded stuns them.
A funny moment happened today. I actually played supply raid! Wait it gets better. It was 1v3 sudden death on checkpoint. So im in the building opposite of the theatre. I place a bomb near the stairwell, near the ladder on the side, not the front. I know theres a guy using the machete on the other team. They all start rushing at me. Good thing they all decide to go through my traps, well at least two of them. I execute the guy who came from the ladder,and they guy from the stairs is still downed. I have a molotov, EE2, and a launcher left: not a very good combo for close quarters combat, correct? Unlike the machete.... Anyways, i hop down through the hole in thew all and I see this machete fellow trying to revive his teammate. I do a quick launcher shot and he starts running towards me, I run right side,through the door, and hes using them magnets to reach me, hes got TWO HITS on me, i need to do some quick thinking. 9mm, wont work.... smoke bomb wont work.... desperate times calls desperate measures. I pull out the molly, quickly arc throw it behind him JUST BEFORE he gets that last swipe....BAM! We both died because of my EE2, but guess who won.... Yup... i did. As you can see, with the shorty chete, he could havee asily foiled my plan. No launcher, EE2 and molotov weilder is gonna survive a shorty chete combo in checkpoint.

Your frist comment in wrong. I used the machete every single day for the past year. Not in every game but in atleast 1-3 games a day. It needed buffed. It wasn't buffed from this patch in my opinion. ND tweeked it to beat a 2x4 which is great it still gets trashed by every purchasable unless you run brawler with it. So 6 loadout points and 400 parts isn't worth a 5 hit weapon that it takes 3 hits to kill someone and a shot from a gun that does 60% damage to get a 1 hit down. On top of that 2x4 users still beat me even if I swing first. 

I say up the machete power to the same as the Shorty, HR, And Bow and leave its speed the same. Then I will think it is balanced. 2 hit down you get 2 and a half downs for crafting it with brawler.  Either that or give it 1 more hit when crafted with brawler. 6 instead of 5. 

Message 29 of 62 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

May 11, 2014

@sanddude20 

this again? devoting your whole loadout as in spending 0/1 loadout pts on rev/shorty (hell, it worked with 1 hit from bow, HR and semi as well).

you dont judge weapons solely on how they work on their own. you are not restricted to use 1 and only 1 weapon. balance is not only how the weapon is on its own in comparison to other weapons but how it interacts with other things as well.

i (we) will mention shorty/machete because that was the most effective way to use it, and still is.

it was possible (and still is) with plank but i believe we had this argument before - shorty machete was more reliable due to machete dmg (plus it worked with more things) and once you bought the machete youd always have it, unlike plank.

now, after playing quite a bit with the new version id consider it more of a rebalance then a straightforward buff.

thankfully machete still works with shorty.

...but ppl used it with other things as well, things which it no longer works with for a quick 1/2: bow, HR, rev etc.

checked dmg yesterday and machete deals 40dmg. bow/HR seem to do slightly above 55, 57? shorty 60 - obv spread can mess it up.

yes, it does stagger 1hko  which is nice. and still you get these situations where after 2 hacks you still get downed (often with your enemy).

giving it more base durability at the cost of upgraded durability is also good because base > upgraded always.

quick 3 hack makes it better with brawler (1) as well.

and on the other hand we have dmg reduction which prevents 1/2 combo apart from shorty and prolly double barrel (new 1/2/3 combos incoming Smiley Tongue) and makes it less efficient on its own:

- old machete: base - 1 down; upgraded - 2; brawler 2 upgraded - 2,5

- new machete: base - 1 down; upgraded 1.(3); brawler 2 upgraded - 1.(6); takes more to upgrade

you really wanna continue with 'machete is finally good on its own now'? is getting 1 down for 400 parts (475 and so on) good on its own, especially considering purchasable ammo glitch (hell, its not even a guaranteed down)?

because quite frankly it still should be used in combo to make it efficient and worth the costs imho.

that said, im not complaining because for me the playstyle is largely unchanged (apart from not being able to 1hack after HR shot) and i dont consider it a nerf. i can see why some do though.

ps. yh, stopping melee in general seem way easier than it was. whats funny, that weakens the new machete in comparison to the old one Smiley Wink

@T1m_is_Here 

going from how it is now, slight dmg buff would prolly do the trick. if they intend to keep it a 3hit then 45 per hack (5dmg more) would allow for bow/HR to work with it again

...2hack down with less dmg (as in, not 70) would prolly be best though.

Message 30 of 62 (393 Views)