Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Re: Make DOWNS your kills, not EXECUTIONS

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

Holy mother of GOD! This is driving me insane. I'm tired of explaining it 50 times over. You're not understanding what I'm trying to say Omega. 

Me and about 6 other people must not be. Maybe if you tried explaining it differently other than just "OMG my execution number isn't higher".
If multiple people are arguing differently, and you keep repeating yourself - not changing what you're saying, and you're so convinced in it - then try a different explanation.

Message 141 of 165 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Executions... count as kills. Downs... do not count as kills. Downs take skill because the enemy is dangerous. Executions take no skill because it's a defenseless, crippled enemy. Again... executions are the ones that count as kills on your stats. It should be downs. I'm not complaining because of kdr. I don't care about kdr. Yes, you get points and supplies from Downs. You are not being rewarded the kill though when you should be. Where is the skill in getting a execution. 

This is the last time I'm talking about it. 

Message 142 of 165 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6090 posts

Jun 27, 2013

I work hard to steal executions.

photo Sniper.png
Message 143 of 165 (132 Views)
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

Executions... count as kills. Downs... do not count as kills. Downs take skill because the enemy is dangerous. Executions take no skill because it's a defenseless, crippled enemy. Again... executions are the ones that count as kills on your stats. It should be downs. I'm not complaining because of kdr. I don't care about kdr. Yes, you get points and supplies from Downs. You are not being rewarded the kill though when you should be. Where is the skill in getting a execution. 

The "skill" from getting the execution is teamwork. You're ensuring the enemy does not get revived. The enemy may be helpless, but if he is surrounded by 3 other highly capable teammates - he's a decoy more than anything.

The real skill is splitting up downing enemies and executions. You downs the enemy, the other one executes him.  You get +100 supplies, the teammate gets +50. You both get +1 on your scores. Instead if just you getting +150 and making the team a little weaker every time you do it.

Its a stratedgy in itself and its pretty effective. As everyone and their mother has said that disagress with you: you're effectively getting 2 birds with 1 stone. Or... 1 and a half birds. Whatever the case may be.

Unless your objective is to get executions, let other people get them in firefights. You save bullets and you get to focus on higher priority targets. This game is SOCOM in a post apocolyptic setting with a few nuances. Its not about the kill number. Its the objective. Even stats wise.

I still don't understand what you want more of exactly. Your down number increases every time you get a down. You get more kogs for it. What more do you want exactly?

Message 144 of 165 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Omega_Nemesis28 wrote:

HoodlumX wrote:

The "skill" from getting the execution is teamwork. You're ensuring the enemy does not get revived. The enemy may be helpless, but if he is surrounded by 3 other highly capable teammates - he's a decoy more than anything.

The real skill is splitting up downing enemies and executions. You downs the enemy, the other one executes him.  You get +100 supplies, the teammate gets +50. You both get +1 on your scores. Instead if just you getting +150 and making the team a little weaker every time you do it.

Its a stratedgy in itself and its pretty effective. As everyone and their mother has said, 2 birds with 1 stone. Or... 1 and a half birds.

I still don't understand what you want exactly. Your down number increases every time you get a down. You get more kogs for it. What more do you want exactly?

He's not a decoy. Just shoot the idiot and he's dead. You don't HAVE to do a special execution. But that same strategy can be used in reverse as well. Down the enemy, and let the teammate finish him off for supplies, while you are rewarded the kill for the down. The teammate gets parts and supplies and that's teamwork. It works both ways you know. 

Message 145 of 165 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

Omega_Nemesis28 wrote:

HoodlumX wrote:

Its a stratedgy in itself and its pretty effective. As everyone and their mother has said, 2 birds with 1 stone. Or... 1 and a half birds.

I still don't understand what you want exactly. Your down number increases every time you get a down. You get more kogs for it. What more do you want exactly?

He's not a decoy. Just shoot the idiot and he's dead. You don't HAVE to do a special execution. But that same strategy can be used in reverse as well. Down the enemy, and let the teammate finish him off for supplies, while you are rewarded the kill for the down. The teammate gets parts and supplies and that's teamwork. It works both ways you know. 

But you're wasting bullets and opening yourself for an enemy to shoot you.

Also, what do you mean by in reverse? You just repeated what I said. Let the teammate finish him off for supplies. Not you. That was the entire point of my previous post lol Are you reading the same thing?

Message 146 of 165 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Omega_Nemesis28 wrote:

HoodlumX wrote:

Omega_Nemesis28 wrote:

HoodlumX wrote:

But you're wasting bullets and opening yourself for an enemy to shoot you.

Also, what do you mean by in reverse? You just repeated what I said. Let the teammate finish him off for supplies. Not you. That was the entire point of my previous post lol Are you reading the same thing?

Basically he's talking leaderboards, you're talking in game score board. In game, yes, you get the downs tallied, but for leader boards, the downs aren't counted as kills, only executions are.. So let's say for the leaderboards, I'm in this game, and get 0 downs, but 10 executions, I really didn't do much that game (infact, I had a game exactly like this that I'm basing it off of because I had a mission to get executions) except run in and steal someone elses kill, mess up their standings on leaderboards, and pad my standings just by running in and pressing triangle. It took none of my supplies to do that, so why do I get to place higher on the leaderboards by stealing 10 kills, rather than earning those 10 kills with my supplies?

However, this all said, it would be too easy to pad your standings by getting the other team to sit there, revive their guy, then down him again, over and over again... There are people that do this, and this is why this game is the way it is, so no, it doesn't need to be changed. This allows you to only have a max of 24 kills a match if you're lucky.

Message 147 of 165 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 27, 2013

OP is TRYING to argue in favour of the EXACT SAME THING that half of us have argued for early on in the thread (starting with one of my posts).

He screwed up his wording badly in the OP, and when I explained exactly the same thing in clearer language, he said I was wrong and stupid and argued against his own opinion because he apparently can't understand written English all that well (which makes sense when you consider that he claims to be Russian on page 6 or 7).

What he wants is for an enemy, WHEN THEY DIE, to be counted as a kill for the person who DOWNED them, and not necessarily for the person who executed them. Not sure if he wants the execution AND the down to count, but if the target gets revived, HE AGREES THAT SHOULDN'T COUNT AS A KILL.

The problem is that using the above system would be far more complicated to code, and it's possible it was considered and deemed impractical for some reason. If it wasn't considered, it's possible that it's now too late because changing it would require major changes that aren't practical in an update. Maybe they'll consider something like this for a sequel.

Personally, I've reconsidered my initial agreement with the OP's position, not because of his terrible attitude, but because I think there's a better solution. Don't track kills as a stat. Track downs, track executions, track Down/Execute/Death ratio instead of K/D, and add a Revives/Deaths ratio as well.

Also, this isn't the only thread where OP has claimed there's no reward for winning, but he's wrong in every thread where he's said it. When you win the match, there IS a reward for winning. You get extra parts, which are converted into extra supplies, and supplies are your XP equivalent, so that helps you to level up and unlock new stuff, as well as progressing you in the metagame. So yes, there IS an in-game reward for winning, and yes, that reward DOES matter. Unfortunately, he's right about the lack of Win/Loss tracking, so that's a shame, but I'm not overly concerned with stats anyway, so it's not something that's a huge loss to me personally.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 148 of 165 (95 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Jun 27, 2013
^ THIS is how you explain something.
Message 149 of 165 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 27, 2013

obliviondoll wrote:

OP is TRYING to argue in favour of the EXACT SAME THING that half of us have argued for early on in the thread (starting with one of my posts).

He screwed up his wording badly in the OP, and when I explained exactly the same thing in clearer language, he said I was wrong and stupid and argued against his own opinion because he apparently can't understand written English all that well (which makes sense when you consider that he claims to be Russian on page 6 or 7).

What he wants is for an enemy, WHEN THEY DIE, to be counted as a kill for the person who DOWNED them, and not necessarily for the person who executed them. Not sure if he wants the execution AND the down to count, but if the target gets revived, HE AGREES THAT SHOULDN'T COUNT AS A KILL.

The problem is that using the above system would be far more complicated to code, and it's possible it was considered and deemed impractical for some reason. If it wasn't considered, it's possible that it's now too late because changing it would require major changes that aren't practical in an update. Maybe they'll consider something like this for a sequel.

Personally, I've reconsidered my initial agreement with the OP's position, not because of his terrible attitude, but because I think there's a better solution. Don't track kills as a stat. Track downs, track executions, track Down/Execute/Death ratio instead of K/D, and add a Revives/Deaths ratio as well.

Also, this isn't the only thread where OP has claimed there's no reward for winning, but he's wrong in every thread where he's said it. When you win the match, there IS a reward for winning. You get extra parts, which are converted into extra supplies, and supplies are your XP equivalent, so that helps you to level up and unlock new stuff, as well as progressing you in the metagame. So yes, there IS an in-game reward for winning, and yes, that reward DOES matter. Unfortunately, he's right about the lack of Win/Loss tracking, so that's a shame, but I'm not overly concerned with stats anyway, so it's not something that's a huge loss to me personally.

Well at least someone was using their brain. I agree with... 80% of that. :smileywink:

Message 150 of 165 (82 Views)
0 Likes