Wastelander
770 posts

Re: Make DOWNS your kills, not EXECUTIONS

Jun 27, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

EDIT:  This is what I've been trying to say for the past 6 pages - Downs only count once the enemy has been taken out entirely. Even if a teammate finishes them off with an execution, you get the kill for it since you're the one who downed him. The teammate just gets XP for the execution.

Maybe now you guys can understand. There is some bone-headed people on this forum. I feel like I'm trying to talk to apes. 

I personally think this is a great idea. Its not just about the stats as such but just for personal satisfaction that we downed someone and that it counted for something. I'm not someone who thinks a lot about stats as I am nowhere in the range of all the people who seem to have more than 24 hours a day to play but still when I look at my stats once in a while it'd be good to see what I have done this far.

I do not bother running over to execute someone if I down them as I try to find the next best way to go after someone else. This downed person, if he somehow counts as my effort to our teams victory it'd make me feel better. Again, I support the EDIT that Hoodlum has put in. Only count the down IF it converts into an execution either from me or from one of my team mates.

The question however is, would it count as a kill for the guy who decides to execute them? If not, people who would eventually get the hang of things wouldn't bother wasting ammo if they aren't getting anything out of it. That would in turn facilitate more revives Smiley Very Happy Does sound like a plan...

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 151 of 165 (186 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 27, 2013

RyukDG wrote:

HoodlumX wrote:

EDIT:  This is what I've been trying to say for the past 6 pages - Downs only count once the enemy has been taken out entirely. Even if a teammate finishes them off with an execution, you get the kill for it since you're the one who downed him. The teammate just gets XP for the execution.

Maybe now you guys can understand. There is some bone-headed people on this forum. I feel like I'm trying to talk to apes. 

I personally think this is a great idea. Its not just about the stats as such but just for personal satisfaction that we downed someone and that it counted for something. I'm not someone who thinks a lot about stats as I am nowhere in the range of all the people who seem to have more than 24 hours a day to play but still when I look at my stats once in a while it'd be good to see what I have done this far.

I do not bother running over to execute someone if I down them as I try to find the next best way to go after someone else. This downed person, if he somehow counts as my effort to our teams victory it'd make me feel better. Again, I support the EDIT that Hoodlum has put in. Only count the down IF it converts into an execution either from me or from one of my team mates.

The question however is, would it count as a kill for the guy who decides to execute them? If not, people who would eventually get the hang of things wouldn't bother wasting ammo if they aren't getting anything out of it. That would in turn facilitate more revives Smiley Very Happy Does sound like a plan...

-RyukDG

I agree 100%. At least you understood what I was trying to say. I think a lot of the people in here didn't. 

Message 152 of 165 (172 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

RyukDG wrote:

HoodlumX wrote:

-RyukDG

I agree 100%. At least you understood what I was trying to say. I think a lot of the people in here didn't. 

Then instead of choosing one over the other, you do Executions/Downs/Deaths. You CAN'T choose. Downing someone isn't killing them. Executing someone doesn't necessarily mean you downed them youself.

The current Executions/Deaths idea is BS. Yes. Sure, whatever. So is Downs/Deaths. You can spam downs. You can also "steal" someone's down, if you've noticed that.

You're making the code harder by thinking of conditions for counting downs instead of not sticking to traditional K-D ratio.

Also, can you just PLEASE admit it's about stats? Because downs count for something. It does a whole lot, like giving you parts for ammo/supplies/etc etc and the only way downs don't count is if you're looking at stats.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 153 of 165 (165 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Jun 27, 2013

The only thing I find arrogant is when I revive a downed teammate and letting the enemy I downed just crawl around before finishing off, in most cases while I'm reviving my teammate he is smashing his triangle button to get the kill on the downed enemy the moment I revived him.

Message 154 of 165 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 27, 2013

That's what sucks. Do you revive your teammate or finish off the enemy first? There is a chance the teammate might bleed out, but there is also a chance he will jack your kill. See, that's what I mean. It's dumb. lol.

Message 155 of 165 (154 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Jun 27, 2013
In any cases I ALWAYS go for my downed teammate first, saving his life, is not only to be helpful as a teammate wich I'm loving of this MP, but also to save up on the lives we need to share througout the match, I don't mind letting the enemy bleed out, my kill either way, sometimes if I know the guy will steal my kill once revived I curb stomp the down enemy to make sure I wont waste time on the execution and still can save my teammate though.
Message 156 of 165 (151 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 27, 2013

I'm a team player myself, and I always go for the revive. I didn't make this thread because I was getting mad at people taking my kills. I made it because it just makes more logical sense to do what I said in my original post(edit). 

Message 157 of 165 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Jun 27, 2013
It is Smiley Happy and I knew what you were getting at, it doesn't really concern me too much most of the time if someone takes my kill, sometimes I down to make someone closer finish the person off, this way we gain advantage in the match and I always try to heal and revive teammates along with spotting enemies and crafting stuff, this way I usually make up for the "losses" I make for not finishing off enemies, but then again this whole thing depends on how the match goes and what kind of teammates I'm having Smiley Happy.
Message 158 of 165 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
770 posts

Jun 27, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Also, can you just PLEASE admit it's about stats? Because downs count for something. It does a whole lot, like giving you parts for ammo/supplies/etc etc and the only way downs don't count is if you're looking at stats.

For me, I agree that it is somewhat related to my stats, yes. I disagree to the part where shooting someone in the head does not give me a sweet headshot kill feed and completely KILL the guy I shot but then its a whole different discussion and its better we don't go there but my whole point was to support Hoodlums point where downs get stolen and this is "rampant" to say the least! People just don't care if I just saved their **bleep**. They'll go for my kill... what the previos person said is correct. Even as they are being revived they are spamming the triangle to go for the execute!

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 159 of 165 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10215 posts

Jun 27, 2013

RyukDG wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

For me, I agree that it is somewhat related to my stats, yes. I disagree to the part where shooting someone in the head does not give me a sweet headshot kill feed and completely KILL the guy I shot but then its a whole different discussion and its better we don't go there but my whole point was to support Hoodlums point where downs get stolen and this is "rampant" to say the least! People just don't care if I just saved their **bleep**. They'll go for my kill... what the previos person said is correct. Even as they are being revived they are spamming the triangle to go for the execute!

-RyukDG

Thanks. All I wanted to hear. See, once people actually accept this whole thing is based on stats, it's all cool. Generally speaking most peeps ignore stat-related... well, anything, really.

As for your concern on killstealing, yes it happens a lot. Honestly, I can't be **bleep**. I do it a lot. I know I'm doing it. I generally would do it if you're not going to do it. You can steal my "kills" too. You get parts for it anyway, and I won't hold you back on it.

The only time I will be very **bleep** that you stole my kill...

...is if you're the other team. If it's not going to be my team's point, we're going to have a big problem.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 160 of 165 (107 Views)
0 Likes