lv 12

lv 16

the other team:

lv 28

lv 56

lv 138

lv 196

How is this happening?

How is this happening in the no parties matchmaking?

The level as well as the 12-week completion are totally unbalanced.

Message 1 of 24 (492 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Re: Matchmaking is a joke

Sep 11, 2013

were  u playing find match with parties or no parties??

Message 2 of 24 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Sep 11, 2013
It's not the matchmaking. It's the balancing.
Message 3 of 24 (460 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Sep 11, 2013

Unlike most games, the numbers in here represent only the number of played games. It doesn't mean that the player with a lot of weeks will be overwhelmingly good. In my experience, it's actually quite the otherwise. Yes, they know the maps, weapons, skills and can guess where the enemy team is better than a newbie, but a lot of the times, they tend to play alone and ignore their team, which is ultimately their downfall. Just few minutes before writing this I had such a match.

My team:

0 //

21 *//

30 **// <- me

28 *//

Enemy team:

25 **//

112 - no idea what this guy's symbol was

63 ***//

178 - no idea what this guy's symbol was

Just like that.

Knowing the game, I knew this would happen in the lobby and took my support build with Crafter 3, First-Aid 2 and Reviver 3. This way, I could spend all the parts on Revolver upgrades, ammo and armour. I sticked with the rest of the team like a glue, reviving them, healing them and giving them gifts. They mostly had worse aim than me, which is pretty sad, but we still managed to kill enemy team with combined firepower. Each time an enemy got sighted we would shoot the guy at least 2v1, never 1v1, because that's more likely to fail, than not. Since I like to sneak around a lot, I had enough experience to Shiv some of the melee oriented players, which was invaluable, but more times than I would admit, I got my hide saved by a teammate. Shame we only had one guy with mic, but I swear to god he didn't speak English. I dunno what his language was, but he didn't **bleep** for the entire game.

The enemy team probably thought it's gonna be a walk in the park and underestimated us. They each went their separate way and got killed one after another. 

The game ended in our favor with the score of 4:2.

So yes, the balancing of players sucks like hell, but it's not always the end of the days and there's still a chance to win. Likewise, you can find players with next to no weeks that will take on your whole team and win. The numbers aren't very reliable in Factions.

Message 4 of 24 (427 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Sep 11, 2013
I might make a new account to play against higher levels
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 5 of 24 (422 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Sep 11, 2013
I too, am usually put on the nooby team.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 6 of 24 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Sep 11, 2013

You think that's bad?

Yesterday I got put against a team all level 50 and above. My team? Level 1 and two zeros. Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 24 (410 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Sep 11, 2013
I know the balancing is sometimes odd but I find it funny how most of the time, the lower levels tend to be better than the higher ones, who've just boosted most of the levels and 12 weeks. Last night we had 2 level 0's against 3 above level 100 and we won with ease. Level and dots don't define a persons skill most of the time. Smiley Happy I can see how it's a problem though and I do agree.
Message 8 of 24 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Sep 11, 2013
I'd rather have bad balancing than bad lag. People will learn eventually.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 9 of 24 (349 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
727 posts

Sep 11, 2013

Sentiel wrote:

Unlike most games, the numbers in here represent only the number of played games. It doesn't mean that the player with a lot of weeks will be overwhelmingly good. In my experience, it's actually quite the otherwise. Yes, they know the maps, weapons, skills and can guess where the enemy team is better than a newbie, but a lot of the times, they tend to play alone and ignore their team, which is ultimately their downfall. Just few minutes before writing this I had such a match.

Since you can't distinguish good players from bad players by solely watching their levels it doesn't matter.

You still need to team em up by levels.

Message 10 of 24 (317 Views)
0 Likes