Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Michael Jackson shiv: legit tactic?

Nov 29, 2013

I think the shiv-dance strategy is illegitimate for one major major reason: LAG.

See, lag is sometimes noticeable when you duck but get shot a split second after you're clearly behind cover, or behind a wall, and that's reasonable, there really isn't a way around that, but with the shiv dance? A split second can make a BIG BIG difference, we're not talking taking another 30 damage here, we're talking about killed and executed: do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars.

Now, here's how bad lag can get: two days ago I was playing, high school, and in the shop a dude was running towards me, not a lot of room on either side, and because he lagged a lot, he shived me from ...waitforit.... the FRONT!! Yeah! I was punching him one second, and the next second right in front of me was my limp dead body. Or this other time at the dam a few more days ago I was being a freakin ninja with the camera doing EVERYTHING to face the dude and I punched him three times, but OH! YOU FOUND MY WEAKNESS!! IT'S TINY KNIVES!!

You know, in a game with flamethrowers, shotguns guns, whathave you it's kind of ridiculous that the bane of the living is somebody running at you full tilt with like a 3 inch improvised prison shiv. That's nonsense.

I also proposed a solution to this in another thread. It goes like this: If you DAMAGE a dude, they should have a cooldown for a few seconds where they should NOT be able to shiv you. Not TOO long, but if you're in a fist fight or a machete fight with a dude, it just doesn't make sense that it's like: "OH **bleep**! My BACK! YOU SURPRISED ME AND NOW I'm INSTA DEAD!"

I have another proposal that I think would help this problem; Melee attacks should move the camera. If you punch towards 4-O'clock and you've punched twice, right now, it defaults you right back to 12-O'clock. How about it just moves the camera so what WAS 4 is just 12 O clock, after the punch?? That would fix IT! 

Please use plain text.
Message 141 of 204 (245 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5840 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Tavo973 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

what exactly is suiciding in the tournament? In other words, what are it's benefits

Committing suicide so u won't get interrogated...

wow...yea tournaments suck

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 142 of 204 (228 Views)
Naughty Host
8519 posts

Nov 29, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Tavo973 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

what exactly is suiciding in the tournament? In other words, what are it's benefits

Committing suicide so u won't get interrogated...

wow...yea tournaments suck

I think it also applies to supply raid, because commiting suicide with a nail bomb doesn't grant the opponent parts.

NASWIPP.png

Please use plain text.
Message 143 of 204 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5840 posts

Nov 29, 2013

lol I can't understand that, glad I never participated in tournaments since they make rules basically taking out strategies and elements in the MP, pretty sure I remeber them banning like literally half the features in UC3 tournaments before as well.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 144 of 204 (219 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 29, 2013

elplasstico wrote:

I think the shiv-dance strategy is illegitimate for one major major reason: LAG.

See, lag is sometimes noticeable when you duck but get shot a split second after you're clearly behind cover, or behind a wall, and that's reasonable, there really isn't a way around that, but with the shiv dance? A split second can make a BIG BIG difference, we're not talking taking another 30 damage here, we're talking about killed and executed: do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars.

Now, here's how bad lag can get: two days ago I was playing, high school, and in the shop a dude was running towards me, not a lot of room on either side, and because he lagged a lot, he shived me from ...waitforit.... the FRONT!! Yeah! I was punching him one second, and the next second right in front of me was my limp dead body. Or this other time at the dam a few more days ago I was being a freakin ninja with the camera doing EVERYTHING to face the dude and I punched him three times, but OH! YOU FOUND MY WEAKNESS!! IT'S TINY KNIVES!!

You know, in a game with flamethrowers, shotguns guns, whathave you it's kind of ridiculous that the bane of the living is somebody running at you full tilt with like a 3 inch improvised prison shiv. That's nonsense.

I also proposed a solution to this in another thread. It goes like this: If you DAMAGE a dude, they should have a cooldown for a few seconds where they should NOT be able to shiv you. Not TOO long, but if you're in a fist fight or a machete fight with a dude, it just doesn't make sense that it's like: "OH **bleep**! My BACK! YOU SURPRISED ME AND NOW I'm INSTA DEAD!"

I have another proposal that I think would help this problem; Melee attacks should move the camera. If you punch towards 4-O'clock and you've punched twice, right now, it defaults you right back to 12-O'clock. How about it just moves the camera so what WAS 4 is just 12 O clock, after the punch?? That would fix IT! 

Yeah shiv dancers are trash. The shiv should only work if you are not on screen with the skiller, like on u3.

Please use plain text.
Message 145 of 204 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Nov 29, 2013
Since this thread I've been seeing a lot more of this shiv dance tactic. Like every other match now, thank you AK lol :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 146 of 204 (210 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 29, 2013

burriizy wrote:
Since this thread I've been seeing a lot more of this shiv dance tactic. Like every other match now, thank you AK lol :smileyvery-happy:

Skill had went down the bucket.

Please use plain text.
Message 147 of 204 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2320 posts

Dec 1, 2013

I was wondering what this was and when I read this thread, I realized this was the same thing my brother was complaining about when he was playing yesterday.

I think it's a cheap tactic and should be fixed, why bother sneaking around anymore when you can just run up to someone and move the camera around and get an easy kill? Like someone here said, it should like U3 where you can't stealth kill someone for a limited time after hurting them in some other way.

Please use plain text.
Message 148 of 204 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Dec 3, 2013
Its not an easy kill. Most of the time someone runs at me I know there going for a shiv dance kill i move at the last second so I'm behind them instead. Plus they shouldn't have much stamina as they've charged you so you can run around them instead. So satisfying shiv dance the shiv dancer :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 149 of 204 (126 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 3, 2013

why bother sneaking around anymore when you can just run up to someone and move the camera around and get an easy kill? Like someone here said, it should like U3 where you can't stealth kill someone for a limited time after hurting them in some other way.

Holy crap! I didn't even know this was the case in uncharted 3! Why would they ditch that mechanic?! grrrrrr

Please use plain text.
Message 150 of 204 (94 Views)
0 Likes