Nov 17 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Paw 11904 posts

Michael Jackson shiv: legit tactic?

203 replies 1068 views Edited Nov 17, 2013
For those that don't know what it is, it's essentially manipulating the camera and moving around an opponent, usually when they are in the middle of meleeing you, and shivving in them in the back.

I've been doing this for the past month or so. Every time I do it, I always hear laughter from my teammates, or exclamations like "that was dirty".

This is similar to the Whack n Roll argument, in which people said it was an exploit and a glitch, and there were others that said it was a legitimate tactic.

What do you guys think? Legit tactic or shameful exploit?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 1 of 204 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Re: Michael Jackson shiv: legit tactic?

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

It is legitamte because it would work in real life too it the other one dont react and turns around fast enough, you can go behind him and use the knive.

+ There is a medium risk that the other person turns around quick enough and kills you, risk is even higher if he has the updated stick. You can use the dance also if you have no shiv just move some steps backwards after you are behind the enemy, if the other person tries to punch you ^^ you are then 5 feet away and can shoot him (however risky tactic but funny, especially if the other player beats the air while you shoot him ^^).

sorry if my English is not good, I am no native speaker, +the auto.correction doesn't work in this forum o0
Message 2 of 204 (1,066 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
486 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

Of course it's legitimate, mainly because it's awesome and feels so satisfying when you pulls it out on someone trying to punch you to death. Smiley Very Happy

Best i ever had was probably a combo one, shot down one guy, then smoke shived another, his buddy poped and instead of shooting me down he started punching me, shiv danced him and it felt like this:

jimc.gif

For the record the fourth guy nastily finished me off after but it was still awesome. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 204 (1,041 Views)
Wastelander
674 posts

Nov 17, 2013
One of the best feelings in the game is when you dance shiv a person with a modded 2x4...and then he rage quits...Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 204 (1,023 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Nov 17, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
For those that don't know what it is, it's essentially manipulating the camera and moving around an opponent, usually when they are in the middle of meleeing you, and shivving in them in the back.

I've been doing this for the past month or so. Every time I do it, I always hear laughter from my teammates, or exclamations like "that was dirty".

This is similar to the Whack n Roll argument, in which people said it was an exploit and a glitch, and there were others that said it was a legitimate tactic.

What do you guys think? Legit tactic or shameful exploit?

I think its about the lamest tactic in the game and should be fixed. A shiv kill is a reward for sneaking up on someone OR a smokebomb stun, not some camera glitch were you can still see them on your screen. Id say its the #1 thing that needs fixed even more than molotovs. I always wonder what loser goes around tapping triangle when they should be punching or AIMING with a weapon and backing up like a normal person.

Message 5 of 204 (1,019 Views)
Survivor
2123 posts

Nov 17, 2013

I belive it's a legit tatic, I always do it when I get the chance. Like the above user said, it can happen to you in real life, so why not try to do it yourself?

Message 6 of 204 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
918 posts

Nov 17, 2013

I've never done it, but I think it's speed vs. muscle inside the game. Lol.

[Former Forum Tag Champion]
Adapt or perish!

*The L in alex is an i.

Message 7 of 204 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Annoying when people always go for it and end up dead.
Message 8 of 204 (984 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Anything you can do in the game is legitimate.  

It's not a simplistic thing to do.  People get good at it, and use it.

Whingeing about being killed by it is like whingeing about anything else.

STPrakU and play.  Or RQ.  We don't care.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 9 of 204 (975 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2221 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Forest--H wrote:

It is legitamte because it would work in real life too it the other one dont react and turns around fast enough, you can go behind him and use the knive.

+ There is a medium risk that the other person turns around quick enough and kills you, risk is even higher if he has the updated stick. You can use the dance also if you have no shiv just move some steps backwards after you are behind the enemy, if the other person tries to punch you ^^ you are then 5 feet away and can shoot him (however risky tactic but funny, especially if the other player beats the air while you shoot him ^^).

"real life" my a$$.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 10 of 204 (940 Views)