Splicer
55 posts

Re: Michael Jackson shiv: legit tactic?

Nov 17, 2013

I am **bleep** lol.. quite often this happens to me vs good players on survivors when using flamethrower..

Anyway to counter it? apart from not sucking hard.. maybe my ps3 is lagging a bit sometimes and the flames aren't hitting when they appear to

Message 11 of 204 (8,176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Nov 17, 2013

snootzh wrote:

I am **bleep** lol.. quite often this happens to me vs good players on survivors when using flamethrower..

Anyway to counter it? apart from not sucking hard.. maybe my ps3 is lagging a bit sometimes and the flames aren't hitting when they appear to

who said they are good? what idiot spams triangle during a fight unless its a noob trying to get a cheap kill. i love flaming those noobs. shivs are for sneaky players not a screen glitch.

Message 12 of 204 (8,164 Views)
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Nov 17, 2013
it legit because it a tactic no matter how you look at it. for countering it you could just shoot them. or try backing up
Message 13 of 204 (8,162 Views)
Fender Bender
3607 posts

Nov 17, 2013
AKyemeni wrote: For those that don't know what it is, it's essentially manipulating the camera and moving around an opponent, usually when they are in the middle of meleeing you, and shivving in them in the back.

I've been doing this for the past month or so. Every time I do it, I always hear laughter from my teammates, or exclamations like "that was dirty".

This is similar to the Whack n Roll argument, in which people said it was an exploit and a glitch, and there were others that said it was a legitimate tactic.

What do you guys think? Legit tactic or shameful exploit?

Reellongbow wrote :I think its about the lamest tactic in the game and should be fixed. A shiv kill is a reward for sneaking up on someone OR a smokebomb stun, not some camera glitch were you can still see them on your screen. Id say its the #1 thing that needs fixed even more than molotovs. I always wonder what loser goes around tapping triangle when they should be punching or AIMING with a weapon and backing up like a normal person. People who don't like it are people who get killed by it much like people who don't like 2x4's and flamethrowers being used by others and themselves being decimated by it. Every tactic is legit, cheesy is just a term used by people who get VIOLATED via that tactic. Dancing shiv is fun and can be countered just like 2x4's, flamethrowers etc etc. STEP YoUR GAMe UP ppl
Message 14 of 204 (8,150 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1058 posts

Nov 17, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:
AKyemeni wrote: For those that don't know what it is, it's essentially manipulating the camera and moving around an opponent, usually when they are in the middle of meleeing you, and shivving in them in the back.

I've been doing this for the past month or so. Every time I do it, I always hear laughter from my teammates, or exclamations like "that was dirty".

This is similar to the Whack n Roll argument, in which people said it was an exploit and a glitch, and there were others that said it was a legitimate tactic.

What do you guys think? Legit tactic or shameful exploit?

Reellongbow wrote :I think its about the lamest tactic in the game and should be fixed. A shiv kill is a reward for sneaking up on someone OR a smokebomb stun, not some camera glitch were you can still see them on your screen. Id say its the #1 thing that needs fixed even more than molotovs. I always wonder what loser goes around tapping triangle when they should be punching or AIMING with a weapon and backing up like a normal person. People who don't like it are people who get killed by it much like people who don't like 2x4's and flamethrowers being used by others and themselves being decimated by it. Every tactic is legit, cheesy is just a term used by people who get VIOLATED via that tactic. Dancing shiv is fun and can be countered just like 2x4's, flamethrowers etc etc. STEP YoUR GAMe UP ppl

Seriously who goes around tapping triangle during a fight when someone is coming @ them with a flamethrower or shorty? its stupid imo i kill tons of noobs trying to exploit a mechanic reserved for sneaky players not some camera glitch. Lots of times i get shived and i can still see them on my camera.

Message 15 of 204 (8,147 Views)
Fender Bender
3607 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Reelongbow lemme get this straight you hiding using covert with your flamethrower is legit then popping out to burn people? However someone running around you and shiving you is cheesy ? That's nonsenical, all tactics are legit . Some are simply annoying most notably spamming molotovs .
Message 16 of 204 (8,144 Views)
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Nov 17, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
Annoying when people always go for it and end up dead.

This.

I specially hate it when they do it instead of shooting me, they just run to my back and stab me. Smiley Indifferent

Message 17 of 204 (8,126 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Nov 17, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:
Reelongbow lemme get this straight you hiding using covert with your flamethrower is legit then popping out to burn people? However someone running around you and shiving you is cheesy ? That's nonsenical, all tactics are legit . Some are simply annoying most notably spamming molotovs .

He's been this way forever.  Ignore.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 18 of 204 (8,122 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

scootgar wrote:

Anything you can do in the game is legitimate.  

It's not a simplistic thing to do.  People get good at it, and use it.

Whingeing about being killed by it is like whingeing about anything else.

STPrakU and play.  Or RQ.  We don't care.

scootgar previously wrote:
"Look how positive the recent tweaks of the FAL-SS and G-MAL in Uncharted 3 MP are for instance."

You must be absolutely JOKING. First, these are adjustments to ruinous Nerfs from over a year ago. Second, that patch included changes to the booster system that absolutely destroyed 2-years of developed gameplay paradigms and permitted extended exploration [Ed's note: Scootgar means exploitation].

It's like pointing to a massive pile of dog turds and saying, "Do you like ether Colour?"

2 of the same booster is a-ok. You heard it here first from Scootypuff Jr. Or is the dancing shiv exploitative? Oh boy this is a tough one.

Message 19 of 204 (8,105 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

Bioshock wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Anything you can do in the game is legitimate.  

It's not a simplistic thing to do.  People get good at it, and use it.

Whingeing about being killed by it is like whingeing about anything else.

STPrakU and play.  Or RQ.  We don't care.

scootgar previously wrote:
"Look how positive the recent tweaks of the FAL-SS and G-MAL in Uncharted 3 MP are for instance."

You must be absolutely JOKING. First, these are adjustments to ruinous Nerfs from over a year ago. Second, that patch included changes to the booster system that absolutely destroyed 2-years of developed gameplay paradigms and permitted extended exploration [Ed's note: Scootgar means exploitation].

It's like pointing to a massive pile of dog turds and saying, "Do you like ether Colour?"

2 of the same booster is a-ok. You heard it here first from Scootypuff Jr. Or is the dancing shiv exploitative? Oh boy this is a tough one.

Yep.  Perfectly OK.  You heard it, Biodongle, IV

What's with the cutesy names, missing 5th grade?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 20 of 204 (8,099 Views)
0 Likes