Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Re: Michael Jackson shiv: legit tactic?

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

Well, if you can MJ shiv a guy using Flamethrower or Shotgun, it's legit to me. Because you actually have a very short timeframe to pull this off before getting flamed to death and down by a Shotgun. It's just 1 second. And if someone is whacking my teammate with a Machete, I go behind him to shiv him. Is it legit?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 204 (229 Views)
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

Yesterday I was shivved when I was looking at someone trying to do this on me. It's a **bleep** tactic on anything but a full bar connection.

I have sensitivty on full and had the flamethrower chasing him the whole time

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 204 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 19, 2013

I love shiv-dancing. Especially when some **bleep** is trying to shoot me with the massively OP flamethrower. If I've got armor, full health, a shiv, and enough open space to get around them, I can make a flamethrower-user rage quit 90% of the time. Gotta love that.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 204 (198 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 19, 2013

It "bleeped" d-o-u-c-h-e. Lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 204 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013
I'd have to say that it's pretty obvious that it's not legit, and is clearly a design oversight. It makes no sense at all that just because somebody threw a punch, one which very likely hit you square in the face, they'd be completely helpless and unable to react while you shuffle around them and kill them for free. It's also clearly abusing the fact that, playing with a controller, your look sensitivity limits how quickly you can turn around, especially when you're actively aiming your weapon.
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 204 (182 Views)
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
I'd have to say that it's pretty obvious that it's not legit, and is clearly a design oversight. It makes no sense at all that just because somebody threw a punch, one which very likely hit you square in the face, they'd be completely helpless and unable to react while you shuffle around them and kill them for free. It's also clearly abusing the fact that, playing with a controller, your look sensitivity limits how quickly you can turn around, especially when somebody actively aiming their weapon.

Agreed. Shivs are for stealth play, no this cheap mechanic.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 204 (170 Views)
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 19, 2013

EaterOfWorlds78 wrote:

I love shiv-dancing. Especially when some **bleep** is trying to shoot me with the massively OP flamethrower. If I've got armor, full health, a shiv, and enough open space to get around them, I can make a flamethrower-user rage quit 90% of the time. Gotta love that.

I love flamethrowing. Especially when some **bleep** is trying to shiv me with the massively OP shiv-dance. If I've got armor, full health, a flamethrower, and enough open space to get around them, I can make a shiv-dance user rage quit 90% of the time. Gotta love that.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 204 (168 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1701 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Bunch of hat*** if they got you with a shiv dance accept it and move on. It works 3.5 outta 5xs for me. Very hard to do against SG& upgraded 2x4 easier against Flamethrower.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 204 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4301 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

scootgar wrote:

ArcticHaze- wrote:

Just to clear up: Anything in the game possible to do = legit tactic. Question should be "Do you think it should be a legit tactic?", not whether it is one.

This.

LOGIC FAIL ALERT

Glitching is possible in multiple games and it's not a legit tactic and it is a reportable offense according to PSN and ND. Also, hacking games (like TLOU) is possible but isn't legit and is reportable (for a possible ban).

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 204 (156 Views)
Big Daddy
16251 posts

Nov 19, 2013
We have long stopped caring about anything you have to say, nb.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 204 (153 Views)