Jul 05 2013
By: TheFunnyMan-- I Only Post Everything 1084 posts

Mines Should be Friendly Fire

[ Edited ]
25 replies 385 views Edited Jul 6, 2013

This is a problem I have with many games. I think mines/claymores should be set off by ANYBODY, not just the enemy team. In this game it is only the nail bomb. 

I think your bomb should blow up if you walk near it, if your teammates walk near it, and if the enemies walk near it, AKA, ANYONE should set it off. This is why. Placing mines gives you the peace of mind that you are being "covered" from that spot. If an enemy comes by, he will either get blown up or have to shot it, either way you are alerted of their presence (or he will have to go a diff way, which is often the way you are watching). It is ALL gain for you and your teammates. Their should be a downside/risk to placing down mines. You keep yourself from walking over there for you could blow yourself up, or you have to destroy it then move on. You shouldnt be able to have the area covered by a mine AND move freely through it. 

Same goes for your teammates, this would require teamwork and communication for you would need to tell your teammates where your bombs are. 

Now, I understand how this could also be annoying, but if ND ever comes out with a REAL survivor mode (hardcore), I would love it if this was implemented with it. So not for every game mode, but a particular one.

EDIT: Loos like this is a fail idea Smiley LOL, oh well, thanks for feedback!

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 1 of 26 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6698 posts

Re: Mines Should be Friendly Fire

Jul 5, 2013

this can be a way to troll in both ways. As in, you can pant a nail bomb in front of a cache making it impossible for your teammate to go near it without setting it off, as well as a teammate could be a **bleep** and run up to your mine and knock it out, not to mention placing them in common hallways can be more detrimental to your team than to your enemies.

Feet
Message 2 of 26 (382 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1441 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I'd actually like this, but Randoms are too dumb for it.

Also, in party mode, a team can get split in two teams, meaning some teammates may try to play for the enemy.

I actually think it'd be great if even friendly fire in general was on, but it sounds like it's not worth the grief.

I think the purpose of the bomb placement is to give some advantages to that lone survivor in a 4-1 situation, and punishing them by making them die by their own bombs doesn't make sense.
Message 3 of 26 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 5, 2013

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

This is a problem I have with many games. I think mines/claymores should be set off by ANYBODY, not just the enemy team. In this game it is only the nail bomb. 

I think your bomb should blow up if you walk near it, if your teammates walk near it, and if the enemies walk near it, AKA, ANYONE should set it off. This is why. Placing mines gives you the peace of mind that you are being "covered" from that spot. If an enemy comes by, he will either get blown up or have to shot it, either way you are alerted of their presence (or he will have to go a diff way, which is often the way you are watching). It is ALL gain for you and your teammates. Their should be a downside/risk to placing down mines. You keep yourself from walking over there for you could blow yourself up, or you have to destroy it then move on. You shouldnt be able to have the area covered by a mine AND move freely through it. 

Same goes for your teammates, this would require teamwork and communication for you would need to tell your teammates where your bombs are. 

Now, I understand how this could also be annoying, but if ND ever comes out with a REAL survivor mode (hardcore), I would love it if this was implemented with it. Not a big deal, but I think it would add to the game

I dont like this idea. One reason was already stated. Trolls. Also the Bombs DO kill your teammates and even yourself. I have been executed many times by my own bombs. If a teammate throws a bomb and you are in its radius, you will get hit by it. If you place a bomb and an enemy comes in the zone and you dont get out of the radius, you will be injured/executed by your own bomb. 

I also think the maps are too small to have your bombs set off by teammates. 

sig photo PizSig_zpsfd246efd.png
Message 4 of 26 (350 Views)
Highlighted
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Jul 5, 2013
This is a terrible idea and would only cause chaos IMO.
Message 5 of 26 (332 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jul 5, 2013

That is true about the teammates trolling you. However, that is player's being stupid and abusing the aspects of the game. Its just it makes no sense for a mine to differentiate between friend, foe, and owner.

And yes I know your own bomb can kill you if you are near it when it explodes, but that only happens if an enemy comes by it, you shoot it yourself, or if the enemy does  (and your teammates can too if it exploded from an enemy shooting it, only way teammates can be hurt by friendly bomb).

But, oh well, just an idea

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 6 of 26 (320 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I don't like the idea at all. It would just lead to alot of team-mates cursing eachother out lol.

Message 7 of 26 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2423 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Terrible idea is terrible.

This is a game, not everything has to be realistic.

Message 8 of 26 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

That is true about the teammates trolling you. However, that is player's being stupid and abusing the aspects of the game. Its just it makes no sense for a mine to differentiate between friend, foe, and owner.

I would think that the justification for it would be that your character knows it's there, and so they make sure to step over it instead of on it when they're going by.  The same would go for teammates.

Also, you definitely do NOT get hurt by a teammates THROWN bomb.  Also, I'm fairly certain that if you detonate and enemy bomb with gunfire your team isn't damaged by it.  I had a teammate running past an enemy bomb the other day and another one shot it.  The bomb went off right by the one teammate and he wasn't even slightly injured.  On the other hand, I know that if you shoot an enemy's bomb any enemys nearby take damage from it.

Message 9 of 26 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Think of all the bad things that could happen:

-heal/revive exploits

-make YOU mad if a teammate sets it off, intentionally or unintentionally

-make teammate mad since YOUR bomb killed them

-blocking teammates off from certain areas

-all in all, it would be too complicated to work around

The game is fine as it is now, atleast from a bomb-setting standpoint. 

Message 10 of 26 (254 Views)