Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 22 2014
By: Evoslip Sackboy 346 posts

Mollies. Its just not fair...(Caution tl;dr)

10 replies 208 views Edited May 22, 2014

I rarely craft mollies cause seriously I suck **bleep** with them. My crew knows not to give me mollies, and I'm there reminding them too "don't give me mollies."

In the heat of battle I toss a mollie and then I'm there with my pants down getting shot at.

When I use mollies its really to pretend, put fear in the enemy. "Yea! Back up! back up! Back your **bleep** **bleep** up!"

Ugh three matches today, somehow I was getting binding out the **bleep** so I made some mollies. Plus some dude was gifting me mollies.

First molly - panick toss, light my **bleep** up with the third dude after downing two dudes. Ok that was my dumn self

Second mollie - Perfect chest shot to an armored dude and the guy is standing on my flame still unloading his enforcer. My teammate actually is the one who downs him.

Third mollie - I toss right on the box has the dude is about the begin unlocking. I actually knock down the armored defender guy who is next to him but somehow it doesn't kill the unlocker. I knocked him off. I was just like :smileyvery-happy: saved the game. So just assume I got both of them but all of a sudden its all DING!!!!!!! Guy tied the match.

(note to self just shot me bow)

Fourth Mollie - Again. Perfect mollie. Right on the chest. Two in one night! its a miracle! Breaks armors, swear he is on my flames for at least 2 seconds. The rest of the team is just meters away. I just assume I got him since he was also crouched and I'm hoping I can take out the other two dudes rushing me now. When all I of a sudden I see the guy I assumed dead by mollie come at me with his mighty stick and down me.

Anyways I probably should have realized this sooner since I already know that bombs are stronger from the back. So of couse mollies are the same. The two perfect mollies, guy was facing me so fail mollie. That othermollie with the armored dude had his back to me downs him..

8zt6c.pngOh yea Orange is also Shiv area.

I hope this makes sense but when I evade I run left and turn to my side/back. Which is why  half the time I end up getting downed. Like a ghost just chucked me to the ground.

arrow_curve_left 2.jpg

Well I'm thinking now that its probably better If I run left and try to keep my POV towards my enemy..

arrow_curve_left 1.jpg

Aww just a rant and hopefully a better evasion method for myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Message 1 of 11 (208 Views)
Naughty Host
9033 posts

Re: Mollies. Its just not fair...(Caution tl;dr)

May 22, 2014
All I got from this is that you suck at using mollies.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 2 of 11 (195 Views)
PlayStation MVP
289 posts

May 22, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

Hysterically LOL!!

Message 3 of 11 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 22, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

Strange. According to some people, mollies are homing missiles.

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 4 of 11 (185 Views)
PlayStation MVP
289 posts

May 22, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Strange. According to some people, mollies are homing missiles.

Indeed they are at times!! I really just think it has to do a lot with lag. Which explains why I can throw a molly directly on a guy with armor, his armor is destroyed but he isn't downed. Where lateer I can have the same scenario, but this time he is downed. However, I rarely get the chance to get away from mollies, armor or not. Im either downed or scorched. Maybe the lag effects the damage of the molly to where sometimes a person can literally run/walk thru the flames with little effect on them.

Message 5 of 11 (176 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1153 posts

May 22, 2014
I find this odd because molotov cocktails are very easy to abuse for a kamikaze. Hell, you may even end up surviving your kamikaze (As I've seen people done before including myself.)
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 6 of 11 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

May 22, 2014
The most inconsistent weapon in the game. Its like a 50/50 chance of killing for me. Either I miss or it direct hits and still 50/50. Sometimes it turns my camera down after I press R1 and throws it at MYfeet even though I was aiming 15+ feet away. Super inconsistent.
Message 7 of 11 (157 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

May 22, 2014

Well considering many people have already complained about this before MONTHS before....... why are we bringing this back up again?

young beard signature
Message 8 of 11 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

May 22, 2014
Well, I aim my mollies to the ground and not to their chest. That's because the lag, your enemy probably isn't where you are seeing him. So, if you aim a mollie to his body, it's more likely the mollie will pass through him and land far from his back. But if you aim the ground instead, it will land near from him, and even causing leg damage in armored enemies.
Message 9 of 11 (137 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5990 posts

May 22, 2014

I just throw the molotov at my feet and stand in the fire like a G and stare at them while engulfed in the flame to scare them off.

photo Sniper.png
Message 10 of 11 (129 Views)
0 Likes