Jun 26 2013
By: choco_108 First Son 23 posts

Molotov Cocktail issues.

22 replies 1207 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

I use the molotov often and I have some notes about it. I wan't to know if you guys have the same issues too.

1. Sometimes I have to throw the molotov without holding L1, so I just use the circle and press R1. This way of throwing is absolutly **bleep** because it always seems to go the wrong way.
  2. The blast radius of the cocktail may seem big but it's actually very very small. Almost always it won't effect the enemies.

I also wanna know. Does the 'Explosion expert' perk affect the cocktail ?

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
Message 1 of 23 (1,207 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7087 posts

Re: Molotov Cocktail issues.

Jun 26, 2013

well when you throw it with only R1 you aren't aiming it. Theoretically you are blindly throwing it  so it shouldn't end up exactly where you want to throw it.

and the blast radius is small because compared to both the nail bomb and smoke bomb; this instantly kills. No downs, do not pass go, don't collect $200, you die straight up in the blast radius, would be unfair if it were as huge as the other 2.

and from what I hear, explosion expert doesn't affect it.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 2 of 23 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1505 posts

Jun 26, 2013

You call those Molotov issues?

How about throwing a Molotov and hitting a dude directly and it not affecting him? That's an issue, and it happened to me.

Message 3 of 23 (1,183 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Explosion expert does work with it, Explosion Expert 2 makes molotovs crazy strong. Threw one into some guys checking a box and there was a bright white flash and everything died, even another guy who was slightly away from them

Message 4 of 23 (1,042 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Aug 6, 2013
The masses will be against you. Anything to improve the molotovs capabilities will be shunned. It should either be left alone and/or be harder to craft.
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 5 of 23 (1,037 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4652 posts

Aug 6, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

and from what I hear, explosion expert doesn't affect it.

Don't know who you hear that from, but it was confirmed by ND officially, and is very noticeable in game, so it's hard to miss.

Message 6 of 23 (1,033 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4652 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Cyris wrote:

How about throwing a Molotov and hitting a dude directly and it not affecting him? That's an issue, and it happened to me.

Armour. True story.

Message 7 of 23 (1,032 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6196 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Cyris wrote:

This.

"No matter how hard you try... I guess you can't escape the past" - Joel

Message 8 of 23 (1,016 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Cyris wrote:

I just wish one of this days I can take a molotov directly to my face Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 23 (999 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
215 posts

Aug 7, 2013

I can't take a cocktail to my face. It's like I rub up in oil before every match becuz those dam things hit me THROUGH WALLS. Yes sometimes I get lucky and it knocks off my armor but my throws fail in comparison to whoever throws them at me. I probably get a kill every 10 throws.

The only issue I have with cocktails is getting hit through walls. It's like its explosive radius leaks through them. I ran pass a telephone pole in Bills Town, the pole caught the cocktail for me. I die a few feet behind the pole -_-. I was hiding behind a couch also in Bills Town. The cocktail explodes hitting the front of the couch and I die while behind it. Technically that would make sense if the couch caught on fire so fast I managed to die with it lol. The weirdest was on Dam today. I was reviving 2 people behind a car. Someone threw a cocktail which ya know explode on impact. The freaking cocktail hit the hood of the car, rolled down the hood magically towards us (not straight down the hood but to the left near the passengers door) and blows up as it hits the floor. Smiley Frustrated

All im saying is stop cocktails from blowing people up throw objects please

Message 10 of 23 (566 Views)
0 Likes