Sackboy
387 posts

Re: Molotov Festival, Good bye TLOU

Oct 29, 2013
Lulz people defending an increase in molotovs and bombs.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Last of Us gameplay, Hunting Rifles Headshots , Custom created Game mode videos and MOAR!

Message 51 of 74 (11,088 Views)
Naughty Paw
11466 posts

Oct 29, 2013

newuxtreme wrote:
Lulz people defending an increase in molotovs and bombs.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

You can't defend something that never happened  Smiley Wink

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 52 of 74 (11,084 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Oct 29, 2013

Keep telling yourself that AK and eventually you might believe your lies. Ignore ND Dev MacGrubers statement on why theres a rise in mollies and bombs. Ignore White boys video evidence of what we are talking about. Ignore the umteen molly threads of people complaining that theres been a rise in mollies and bombs since the patch. Ignore peoples explanations of what they are experiencing. Ignore the 12 people who kudoed monkeys thread titled ... Molotov nonsense now worse than ever ... Ignoring these things does not suddenly mean they are not happening, it just means you are refusing to believe its happening because its not happening to you. Keep telling yourself lies if it makes you feel better AK.

Message 53 of 74 (11,073 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Oct 29, 2013
The funny thing is that in the end, ND is the one that will make the decision. And as i recall from a veteran's post somewhere, ND BARELY goes back on their decision of nerfs and buffs
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 54 of 74 (11,066 Views)
Highlighted
Naughty Paw
11466 posts

Oct 29, 2013

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

Keep telling yourself that AK and eventually you might believe your lies. Ignore ND Dev MacGrubers statement on why theres a rise in mollies and bombs. Ignore White boys video evidence of what we are talking about. Ignore the umteen molly threads of people complaining that theres been a rise in mollies and bombs since the patch. Ignore peoples explanations of what they are experiencing. Ignore the 12 people who kudoed monkeys thread titled ... Molotov nonsense now worse than ever ... Ignoring these things does not suddenly mean they are not happening, it just means you are refusing to believe its happening because its not happening to you. Keep telling yourself lies if it makes you feel better AK.

That smiley didn't give it away? I wanted to start something. Looks like it worked...

Anyway...

Are you telling me my experiences never happened, so I'm just imagining them? When I say that I'm not experiencing an increase in molotovs and bombs, I'm lying? You calling me crazy? I'm saying these things to make myself feel better?!? Feel better about what? My experience has been the same since launch, in terms of weapon usage and item usage, except WHEN people get sticks and WHEN people craft molotovs and bombs. The actual AMOUNT, in MY EXPERIENCE, of bombs and molotovs are the same since launch.

Sure, when a team has crafter on, they get more mollies and bombs, but you could have done that at launch. I don't know about you or anybody else complaining's experiences, but I know mine. Giving one instance of a barrage (i.e. whiteboy's video) is purely anecdotal and not concrete fact. I have experienced a barrage of molotovs and bombs at launch AND now. Doesn't mean anything. 

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 55 of 74 (11,059 Views)
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Oct 29, 2013

^^^^^^agreed^^^^^^

Message 56 of 74 (11,054 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Oct 29, 2013

I get killed much much more from molotovs now since the board nurf, and it sucks, oh how i miss people charging with boards, at least it was fair.

Message 57 of 74 (11,052 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1252 posts

Oct 29, 2013

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

You are h3ll bent on trying to convince everyone on the forum that there is an increase in mollies and bombs, aren't you?

I don't doubt that some of you are experiencing an increase in bombs and mollies, especially early in the game.  And I don't doubt the players who don't really see a difference or a minimal increase, which is the category that I fall into.  

The thing is...this game has too many variables to determine cause and effects of the number of mollies and bombs in the game.  Some games there's going to be more bombs and mollies, some games there's going to be less, some games will be on par with pre-1.05 patch.

Look at SOME of the variables that determine the amount of candy being tossed around.

1.  Number of people running crafter 2-3.  The more players on each team that are running crafter, the more likely there are to be more bombs and molotovs in a match.

2.  The welfare system.  How big of a lead does one team have.  The bigger the lead the more candy the boxes hand out it seems.  The smaller the lead the less generous they become.

3.  How bad or good is each player doing.  If you are doing poorly, the boxes are more generous.  If you are doing ok or well, the boxes become more stingy.

5.  How many times is each player hitting the supply boxes.  The more times players are hitting the boxes, this increases the chance of more candy being tossed around.

6.  Opportunity cost.  Players are skipping making a noob stick to make bombs and molotovs.  Players are putting in more materials to keep their noob stick intact because they don't have Brawler 2 equipped. 

7.  Duplicate items in supply boxes.  Some games, you get every item you need to craft a bomb or molotov EXCEPT that one bandage or one blade you need yet you have 4 extra explosives laying around on the map because you can't craft anything.

Those are just some variables off the top of my head that determine how much candy is being tossed around.  Every game is going to be different even if you did the exact same thing and crafted the same things every time and opened up the exact some boxes in the same order.

There is no right answer to this because of so many variables come into play to determine the match experience.  With no cinema and no kill stats, no one can say for sure if there's an increase in bombs or molotovs overall in a match.  

Message 58 of 74 (11,050 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4076 posts

Oct 29, 2013
Ok 3 matches in a row with NO supplies to craft much of anything. No mollies at all. Only a few bombs. Yet I'm dying repeatedly to mollies in every match. And yes my team has gotten a small lead in each game, but the lopsided molotov distribution not only takes away my tiny lead, it gives them a solid lead and I still get no molotovs or nail sticks. It's hard to dodge 2+ molotovs in every engagement.
Welfare sucks! Especially when the lead is only 4! And I'm still punished even after losing the lead.

Let's see if it happens for a 4th time in a row
Message 59 of 74 (11,037 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Oct 30, 2013
Message 60 of 74 (11,011 Views)
0 Likes