Uncharted Territory
1267 posts

Re: Molotov nonsense now worse than ever.

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

Unfortunately for me I dont like survivors so I got stuck with the wonderful s*** in the other modes. Its just a shame my experience with TLOU MP got ruined because ND kept nerfing TLOU MP until the rise in mollies and bombs made my games not fun anymore.

Message 131 of 139 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Why don't you like survivors?

___________________________________________________________________________________
PSN - ArctiC_HazE--

UK player, terrible connection, but add me if you wanna play.
Message 132 of 139 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6183 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

I personally don't like it because it 'usually' is way too short. I feel like I do nothing per round and if it is one-sided as in one team wins easily, it is over in the blink of an eye. I feel more enjoyment in a good 12-15 min long game of supply raid  or interrogation than a 8/4 min game of survivor.

photo Sniper.png
Message 133 of 139 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Yeah Survivor can be like that, but in my experience I'd say it averages at 10-15mins per game. There are the stupid short ones where people just rush and shoot and either attackers or defenders win straight away in a desperate battle that could go either way. But you also get the 20-25min games where both teams are really good, but know the other team is equally as good. These games go back and forth and it's a real test of endurance. Plus there is nothing as rewarding as taking out the entire other team by yourself as last man standing, and there's nothing so adrenalising as fleeing for your life, ducking behind cover and desperately trying to get to that supply crate for those items. You only have one life, and people don't wanna be watching their team-mates play for most of the game, so eventually people startto respect that, and play more like they would if it were in real life.

___________________________________________________________________________________
PSN - ArctiC_HazE--

UK player, terrible connection, but add me if you wanna play.
Message 134 of 139 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1267 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Well AH I dont like survivors for the same reasons as Sand dude plus regularly watching the game is not fun for me if I get killed in the beginning. If I dont get killed in the beginning and am last man standing a lot then I feel pressure. Theres also not a lot of good battles for me in survivors like I get in the other modes. Sometimes in the other modes after a good fight the fight continues shortly after as by the time you kill the last guy the first has respawned and is on his way back. I enjoy action and the other modes give more action.

Message 135 of 139 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16340 posts

Nov 1, 2013
If I want a particularly nerve wracking game,.I'll try survivors, and use a loadout with the AR. Pile up ammo for it and cut lose.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 136 of 139 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

Survivor is the best game mod for me, in the dlc list there are also the best players of all mods, most of the matches are not shorter than in the other mods, they can be even much longer.

Molotovs can be annoying if you win the first 2-3 rounds and get many kills, +the other team has 2-3 crafters, than you can be sure that they will spam bombs and molotovs like hell while you can hardly make a smokebomb or buy your first armor (if you run not crafter or collector yourself o0).

sorry if my English is not good, I am no native speaker, +the auto.correction doesn't work in this forum o0
Message 137 of 139 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2007 posts

Nov 2, 2013
Arctic survivors can be fun at times when you are facing a good team but most of the times I play we win in 4-5 rounds and its too quick , too little executions. Whereas supply raid you need more executions and it is more hectic . Aside from my personal detailed account of more explosives since patch 1.05 the quicker pace I enjoy at times survivors can become campy . Interrogation is even more chaotic and at times I enjoy it as well .
Message 138 of 139 (73 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Nov 2, 2013

Getting back on topic...

Yeah there are a sh!t ton of projectiles being thrown around anymore. I honestly think sometimes people are running around throwing stuff to kill people more then they are using their gun to do so. I wish there was a severe reduction in the amount of items people can collect because it just feels ridiculous at times. Throwing something as powerful as a molotov or a bomb should be a rare thing in this game yet its just blatantly overdone. ND really needs to address this.

Crafter 3, the Welfare System, and an over abundance of health packs on all the maps are surely at the center of this issue.

Message 139 of 139 (63 Views)