Sackboy
520 posts

Re: Multiplayer FAQ

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

And let us hope it won't be a long time. I suppose no one likes to be a seating duck for long.

Message 51 of 248 (1,643 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

That MP video! Wow! I took a look at the Gear Up screen and I'm very happy! The player looked to be at the beginning. He had 5 survivors in his clan. He had 8 out of 10 Loadout points. I suppose he needs to somehow level up, to get more loadout points. But if the max really is 10, than starting with an 8 won't be so bad. Besides, the Main Classes are quite powerful. The Support Class has 11 Loadout Points!

EDIT: Actually... I think I got it wrong. It seems like you start with 10 loadout points. Not 8. So... I still have no idea of which the maximum loadout is. I hope it is not much and that it doesn't take long to achieve.

It seems like unlocking the stuff to make your custom loadouts will be hard, but at least we will be able to start with awesome default loadouts! And the custom loadouts won't be exactly weak, at first, as long as you take a bunch of weak boosters, as opposed to a few high level boosters.

Bottom line is: the unlocking seems to be more about getting new options, than about getting more raw power!

Yay!!! Man Very Happy

Supplies

Oh... and that symbol I wanted to know about... the blue rectangle (I think it represents a barrel) ... it means supplies. It is the stuff with which you buy upgrades. Getting supplies is about getting parts and not using them during the matches. I'm not a big fan of making such choices, because it distracts players from the main objective... but it is not so bad. It seems like you won't need a certain level in order to buy stuff... you'll just need the supplies. So... it is good.

You're also supposed to get a certain amount of supplies per a number of games. This means that buying ammo when you have few parts might be really bad for you. I suppose you'll loose survivors, if you don't meet the requirement of supplies.

Oh... and you can loot enemies for for supplies (additionally to the parts you get by killing them, which you may convert into supplies, post-game). This might be bad news for snipers.

Survivors

The survivors seem to be about one use boosters. I'm not a big fan of one use boosters, either, because it gives me a disadvantage (if my opponent buys it) that is not my fault. But the one use boosters are less bad than the paid boosters, because the 'one-use' has its own currency and, therefore, is likely to be bout quite regularly by everybody... decreasing the bad luck effect of one enemy getting one and you not getting one. I'd say it spreads the bad luck and ends up neutralizing most of it.

However, getting and maintaing supplies will probably require you to perform missions. Some of these missions might be quite specific (like getting a bunch of headshots in a few games). And while doing these missions you'll be distracted from the main objective, which is bad, imo.

It's looking like the stashes are not so random. It seems the second stuff you find always has a plank for you. And I'm suspecting the first one always has alcohol. Each seems to have more than one thing.

Message 52 of 248 (1,579 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Online Pass included in the Pre Order?

Jun 12, 2013

The Online Pass will be included in the Pre Order?

Message 53 of 248 (1,509 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Re: Online Pass included in the Pre Order?

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2013

Still waiting to hear whether you can ONLY customize your characters headgear and NOTHING ELSE.
"Let's add females everyone was asking for, and then not only NOT let you use them, but not let you choose your race, or anything other than stuff on your head ! OMG amazing customization."

Think about this .... remember what people's thoughts were on UC3 customization ? Yeah, should've been hard to have it be WORSE, but here we are.

Message 54 of 248 (1,500 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Darksaddler wrote:

The Online Pass will be included in the Pre Order?

You will get an online pass with the game, yes.

Message 55 of 248 (1,482 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 12, 2013

xKITTY_GOT_WETx wrote:

Still waiting to hear whether you can ONLY customize your characters headgear and NOTHING ELSE.
"Let's add females everyone was asking for, and then not only NOT let you use them, but not let you choose your race, or anything other than stuff on your head ! OMG amazing customization."

Think about this .... remember what people's thoughts were on UC3 customization ? Yeah, should've been hard to have it be WORSE, but here we are.

I'm also finding that weird. I'm pretty sure we saw women. And I also think we saw a dark skin color. Perhaps you can edit your character's body (and perhaps basic clothes, too) in a previous menu. Then, in that menu you just customize the details.

I think AC3's customization is awesome. Perhaps its logic should be followed by other games. You can choose personas, each stylish in its own way (not generic at all) and then you can customize each of these personas in a big variety of ways.

Message 56 of 248 (1,463 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

MP Question

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

does the last of us contain a online pass to put in your ps3 to play multiplayer

because i hope not

Message 57 of 248 (1,302 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Jun 13, 2013
It does.
Message 58 of 248 (1,284 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I was bad and I skipped the OP a little. so if you have all this I apologise.

The custom classes are up to 4 classes. including one side arm, one long gun, 4 potential boosters (You have 8 points to spend on these so you could end up with only 2 depending on choices), a special weapon you can select before game to buy during the match, similar to the kickback, only thing is you keep the weapon after death.

You can buy ammo during the matches.for your weapons.

Message 59 of 248 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I was bad and I skipped the OP a little. so if you have all this I apologise.

The custom classes are up to 4 classes. including one side arm, one long gun, 4 potential boosters (You have 8 points to spend on these so you could end up with only 2 depending on choices), a special weapon you can select before game to buy during the match, similar to the kickback, only thing is you keep the weapon after death.

You can buy ammo during the matches.for your weapons.

Actually, you can choose to not start with a long weapon, so you can have more points on boosters. That is how the Support Default Class works. It has 11 points spent in boosters, but no long gun.

Also, perhaps some long guns require more than 2 points (the ones that have to be unlocked).

I just hope this maximum of 10 points doesn't grow a lot on the proggresion, or else the beginners will suffer more than they should.

Message 60 of 248 (1,247 Views)
0 Likes