I Only Post Everything
1211 posts

Re: That really helped, thank you for the info :)

Jun 15, 2013
What does the: 1// (next to your name) represent?
The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 71 of 238 (840 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I think the 1// is your current rank/level.  Mine has gone upto 4 but i've no idea what it is based on.

While I'm at it, does anyone know how to get the machete in multiplayer?  I haven't seen it available for unlock or anything but a low level player was using one earlier to decimate my entire team. 

Message 72 of 238 (748 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1211 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Machette? - ok gotta look into it

Yeah, I guess the 1// (now 3//) is just your level. Took me forever to get to 2, but really fast to 3.....guess just cause I improved.

saw a few 6// and a 7//

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 73 of 238 (746 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Strange thing is there is no explanation whatsoever to what increases your level.  At first I thought it went up for each week survived but that clearly isn't the case.  Leaderboards seem to go off supplys and parts so it could be that i suppose.

Message 74 of 238 (740 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 15, 2013

PaulStation wrote:

I think the 1// is your current rank/level.  Mine has gone upto 4 but i've no idea what it is based on.

While I'm at it, does anyone know how to get the machete in multiplayer?  I haven't seen it available for unlock or anything but a low level player was using one earlier to decimate my entire team. 

The machete is a purshasable weapon, I think. I'm not sure I've checked in the game itself, but I had seen it in those leaked MP videos.

About the leaderborads... I wish it had informations about revives :smileysad:

And does anyone know if the matchmaking tries to match parties against parties?

I'm starting to like the metagame. I love that you can choose your mission. And I think this metagame also works as a way to console players when they loose a game, because they might still perform all the metagame stuff even if they loose games... so they don't feel like they're just loosing.

Message 75 of 238 (728 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Is anyone else having trouble getting headshots to register? 

Stupidly I picked headshot for one of the missions, somehow not taking into account that I can only remember getting around 4 of them in over 5 hours play.  5 minutes ago however I thought I had the perfect opportunity,  a guy facing the opposide direction and crouched still (no helmet).  So line up my sight perfectly and take a shot with my revolver and he survives! I quickly take another which again lands perfectly and which point he runs off.  The second i give chase however,  BAM! on shotted by his team mate.

Don't think I'll pick that mission again. :smileymad:

Message 76 of 238 (695 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16338 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Anyone find it idiotic that we're hunt and pecking for how/what to do?  Anyone find it moronic that there isn't a manual for this (does the one on the disk say anything??)

Anyone find it ridiculous that all these questions aren't geing answered by a SONY or Forum rep?

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 77 of 238 (668 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jun 16, 2013
Anyone know if sony/naughty dog will be addressing the lag issue?
Message 78 of 238 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Jun 16, 2013

PaulStation wrote:

I looted one from a random tool box.

Message 79 of 238 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16338 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

Sterling___ wrote:

PaulStation wrote:

I looted one from a random tool box.

That's where I got one, and I, too, swept through the enemy like a reaper.  Massive weapon, and great fun.

I have to reiterate that the lack of documentation on how to play the MP is appalling.

A simple 5 minute tutorial showing what can be done would be immense.  Understandably, a lot of what you can do is like it is in the SP, but there's so much depth to what seems simple, a little walkthrough would be a huge help.

Also, I have upgrades/new stuff, and can't FIND it in the menus because the exclamation mark doesn't drill down...

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 80 of 238 (578 Views)
0 Likes