I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Re: That really helped, thank you for the info :)

Jun 15, 2013
What does the: 1// (next to your name) represent?
The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 71 of 248 (1,357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I think the 1// is your current rank/level.  Mine has gone upto 4 but i've no idea what it is based on.

While I'm at it, does anyone know how to get the machete in multiplayer?  I haven't seen it available for unlock or anything but a low level player was using one earlier to decimate my entire team. 

Message 72 of 248 (1,265 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Machette? - ok gotta look into it

Yeah, I guess the 1// (now 3//) is just your level. Took me forever to get to 2, but really fast to 3.....guess just cause I improved.

saw a few 6// and a 7//

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 73 of 248 (1,263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Strange thing is there is no explanation whatsoever to what increases your level.  At first I thought it went up for each week survived but that clearly isn't the case.  Leaderboards seem to go off supplys and parts so it could be that i suppose.

Message 74 of 248 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 15, 2013

PaulStation wrote:

I think the 1// is your current rank/level.  Mine has gone upto 4 but i've no idea what it is based on.

While I'm at it, does anyone know how to get the machete in multiplayer?  I haven't seen it available for unlock or anything but a low level player was using one earlier to decimate my entire team. 

The machete is a purshasable weapon, I think. I'm not sure I've checked in the game itself, but I had seen it in those leaked MP videos.

About the leaderborads... I wish it had informations about revives Smiley Sad

And does anyone know if the matchmaking tries to match parties against parties?

I'm starting to like the metagame. I love that you can choose your mission. And I think this metagame also works as a way to console players when they loose a game, because they might still perform all the metagame stuff even if they loose games... so they don't feel like they're just loosing.

Message 75 of 248 (1,245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Is anyone else having trouble getting headshots to register? 

Stupidly I picked headshot for one of the missions, somehow not taking into account that I can only remember getting around 4 of them in over 5 hours play.  5 minutes ago however I thought I had the perfect opportunity,  a guy facing the opposide direction and crouched still (no helmet).  So line up my sight perfectly and take a shot with my revolver and he survives! I quickly take another which again lands perfectly and which point he runs off.  The second i give chase however,  BAM! on shotted by his team mate.

Don't think I'll pick that mission again. Smiley Mad

Message 76 of 248 (1,212 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Anyone find it idiotic that we're hunt and pecking for how/what to do?  Anyone find it moronic that there isn't a manual for this (does the one on the disk say anything??)

Anyone find it ridiculous that all these questions aren't geing answered by a SONY or Forum rep?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 77 of 248 (1,185 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jun 16, 2013
Anyone know if sony/naughty dog will be addressing the lag issue?
Message 78 of 248 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Jun 16, 2013

PaulStation wrote:

I looted one from a random tool box.

Message 79 of 248 (1,099 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

Sterling___ wrote:

PaulStation wrote:

I looted one from a random tool box.

That's where I got one, and I, too, swept through the enemy like a reaper.  Massive weapon, and great fun.

I have to reiterate that the lack of documentation on how to play the MP is appalling.

A simple 5 minute tutorial showing what can be done would be immense.  Understandably, a lot of what you can do is like it is in the SP, but there's so much depth to what seems simple, a little walkthrough would be a huge help.

Also, I have upgrades/new stuff, and can't FIND it in the menus because the exclamation mark doesn't drill down...

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 80 of 248 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes