Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Re: That really helped, thank you for the info :)

Jun 16, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Also, I have upgrades/new stuff, and can't FIND it in the menus because the exclamation mark doesn't drill down...

I think it says "NEW" next to it instead, on the next level down. It's a weird inconsistency.

Message 81 of 248 (1,383 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 16, 2013

When the heck can I finally get the silencer? Just when I hit enough XP?

And the game killed off my entire clan last night when I couldn't get my challenge done in time. Holy Cow - made me a little mad, but its cool how it takes the reality seriously

MP is awesome, we just need it way, way, way expanded. Horde mode would be an AWESOME addition. 5 people in these maps against a horde of clickers or human enemies

I would have had the maps including a clicker invasion every so often too - that goes after everyone

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 82 of 248 (1,342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jun 16, 2013
I'd like a bit more customisation options on your character. If there was a horde mode (PLEASE!!!) either have main characters to pick or (of course) your own lol.

Hardcore would be nice too just no HUD and headshot kill not down.

But i do have to say its my favorite multiplayer in a loooonnnggg time.
Last of us is my GoTY by far

Message 83 of 248 (1,320 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17641 posts

Jun 16, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

scootgar wrote:
Also, I have upgrades/new stuff, and can't FIND it in the menus because the exclamation mark doesn't drill down...

I think it says "NEW" next to it instead, on the next level down. It's a weird inconsistency.

Yes, but you have to go find the "new", it's not tagged as a skill, weapon or other category.   So, I have to scroll through the menu.  And if you enter the menu to highlight it, you've now switched to that skill/weapon.

Absolutely clumsy as Hodor system.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 84 of 248 (1,280 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Ok, played with some cool dudes that helped explain the MP point system for me. Didn't realize there was a limited 'pool of points' so I have to give some stuff up to gain them. Was thinking it was just wait for the XP level

Got my silencer, revive level 2 = what a difference. We were cooperating, communication and with the exception of one match, dominating

MP is awesome. Hope for some great ND support to expand it

Message 85 of 248 (1,258 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17641 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Even more than in Uncharted, cooperation is absolutely huge.  Both teams can screw about, no big deal.  But if the players for one team move and fire and support one another, and the others don't it's not even close.

Party play is massive, and I expect calls for a mercenary mode, very soon.

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

Ok, played with some cool dudes that helped explain the MP point system for me. Didn't realize there was a limited 'pool of points' so I have to give some stuff up to gain them. Was thinking it was just wait for the XP level

Got my silencer, revive level 2 = what a difference. We were cooperating, communication and with the exception of one match, dominating

MP is awesome. Hope for some great ND support to expand it

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 86 of 248 (1,233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1287 posts

Re: Multiplayer FAQ

Jun 17, 2013

The MP needs some explaining.  It's easy to pick up, but takes awhile to learn what everything is

Supply Raid:

Basically Supply Raid is like team deathmatch.  First to 20 wins.  There is a curve ball though.  Although your primary objective is first to execute 20 (not just down them, but finish them off) wins the game, the match plays part of a "Story line".  In the story line, you have a group of survivors you must keep alive to advance further along the story.  If your whole posse dies, then your story starts over.  You must keep your posse alive by getting supplies in matches and performing special missions.

You get supplies from chests placed around the map, downing enemies, killing enemies, crafting X amount of items.  Supplies  in a matches can be used to purchase better weapons, armor, and more bullets in the game.  Once the match is over, all the supplies you obtained during the match (including the ones you spent on upgrades) go towards "feeding and caring" for your posse.   On the following match, you start the match off again with zero supplies.  

Each match represents one day of the 12 week story line.  As the weeks progress, your posse will grow bigger, some will die, some will go hungry, and some will get infected.  In the matches, you must obtain enough supplies to keep your posse alive.  The bigger it grows, the more supplies you have to get to maintain their health.

Every so often, you receive a mission.  As the weeks progress, the missions get harder.  If you don't complete the mission or fail it, you can lose 40, 60, or even a 100% of your posse.  When you lose your whole posse, your story ends and you have to start over day 1 week 1.  MIssions include stuff like "execute X amount of opponents, revive x amount of teammates, kill x amount of opponents with the 9mm handgun, etc".

I think the biggest confusion to player who haven't played the MP is that your own story line is completely separate from everyone else's.  When you play a match of Factions, everyone is on different part of their storyline as the storyline is completely independent of the match.

In reality, you could just play Factions like team deathmatch and not care about your posse.  You can let them die as the story line is just to give the game a twist.  You do however receive special costume bonuses if you can grow your clan a certain size (75, 85, 110, etc) and if you can make it to week 12..  So there is some incentive to play the game the way it was intended.

One benefit of having this story line and having a posse is that QUITTERS are heavily punished by getting some of their survivors hungry and sick.  Which theretically can deter people (but it won't after the game being out for so long and people unlock everything)

Message 87 of 248 (1,208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 17, 2013

really hoping for a "horde" gametype when the DLC comes out. I don't want it to be a watered down horde mode though. I think it would be better/more fun if there were areas filled with infected that you must clear out with your partners. difficulty settings for it would be awesome too. I just don't want it to turn into the same boring horde mode in every other game, but I have faith ND will do whatever they do justice.

Message 88 of 248 (1,168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2449 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

I can't get any load out points eventhough I play well and get those blue cans a lot. This is the only thing that annoys. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais

Free Sitrongr

Message 89 of 248 (1,151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 17, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

I can't get any load out points eventhough I play well and get those blue cans a lot. This is the only thing that annoys. 

You do have them - I thought the same thing. But, you will have only a certain amt - see the points in blue next to your items - that is your pool. If you give some back, you can use those points to acquire other items, such as silencers, upgraded abilities 2, etc

Message 90 of 248 (1,128 Views)
0 Likes