Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: Multiplayer Guides and Tips by CritRate

Jun 23, 2013

whoady4shoady wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

i hate how this game forces people to play, take for example the guy in the video, he has to run around using a sniper, then he has to constantly use a melee weapon.. i hate that.. pretty much screws over long-ranged camper types like myself. no wonder i cant do crap on this game, i avoid melee situations and i set back far away trying to pick people off away from danger.

Yeah, that video pretty much showed everything that is wrng wth the multiplayer.  The marking, the melee being more effcient than guns, the fact that the this shooter is more about hoarding parts to create poweer weapons than shooting. Armor and cocktails, need I say more. Ill give the Op credit, he knows how to take advantage of the awful game mechanics , and he destroyed those people. Good job sir. I wouldnt care so much if this was only applicable in the respawn mode, but its not.

You sound like a socom player like me.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
370 posts

Jun 23, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

i hate how this game forces people to play, take for example the guy in the video, he has to run around using a sniper, then he has to constantly use a melee weapon.. i hate that.. pretty much screws over long-ranged camper types like myself. no wonder i cant do crap on this game, i avoid melee situations and i set back far away trying to pick people off away from danger.

You don't have to play like me out in the open with the hunting rifle, I choose to play like this because it more closely resembles my U3 play style (while earning the most parts). I keep the melee weapon upgraded so I can take out people at close distances. Because for snipers you should be giving yourself as much distance as possible between enemies to maximize the benefit of the gun.

However you are right, there are mechanics that aren't cover sniper friendly at all. For example you'll never get a special execution bonus from far away, or be able to pick up those blue Supply drops unless you come down/out. Ammo is also scarce in this game unless you collect enough from the supply caches or off corpses, so you'll probably run out quick.

So I definitely wouldn't camp in Supply Raid, however Survivor mode is definitely more sniper friendly and I think teams should have one player in Survivor should be marking and covering from a distance.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 23, 2013
You're certainly a very good player, Critrate, but I don't think I'd appreciate the lack of teamwork if you were on my team! I might try your play style when the Mercenary modes come out, though.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

Jun 23, 2013
I was. I had the first one from day one, but gave up mid way through the 3rd. It just didnt feel the same, and the maps werent as good. Im actually getting very good at this game. I just played with a group of the same guys for like 10 games, and we won all but one and that one went down to the wire. I even went with out dying for 5 of those games. I had fun cause we were communicating, but the game is a FN chore to play. Its just not that fun IMHO. Its close though. Maybe they will as a more hardcore mode eventually. FINGERS CROSSED!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
370 posts

Jun 23, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
You're certainly a very good player, Critrate, but I don't think I'd appreciate the lack of teamwork if you were on my team! I might try your play style when the Mercenary modes come out, though.

Thanks for the compliment and for watching, although in terms of teamwork I would consider myself the scout. I'm out in front marking targets for my team and denying the other team the supply caches by booby trapping the location. I'm the person who is disrupting them by flanking from the side, taking out campers.

I change tactics depending on what the other team is doing. If they're scattered, then what I'm doing in this video works well. If the other team sticks together, then this rushing would just lead to my death and I change my role to sniping from behind my teammates and marking targets from a better vantage point.

You may also notice we didn't lose one person on my (random pub) team except that person downed at the start because I couldn't revive without neutralizing the threat first.

And you will see more teamwork and revives in future videos, because my goal every match is to win, for myself and my team, and in this game that doesn't happen without teamwork.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 23, 2013

CritRate wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

You don't have to play like me out in the open with the hunting rifle, I choose to play like this because it more closely resembles my U3 play style (while earning the most parts). I keep the melee weapon upgraded so I can take out people at close distances. Because for snipers you should be giving yourself as much distance as possible between enemies to maximize the benefit of the gun.

However you are right, there are mechanics that aren't cover sniper friendly at all. For example you'll never get a special execution bonus from far away, or be able to pick up those blue Supply drops unless you come down/out. Ammo is also scarce in this game unless you collect enough from the supply caches or off corpses, so you'll probably run out quick.

So I definitely wouldn't camp in Supply Raid, however Survivor mode is definitely more sniper friendly and I think teams should have one player in Survivor should be marking and covering from a distance.

Nothing against your style but ive always been a set back camper sniper, im not good upclose, and i feel this game rewards melee close quarter playstyle more than my long range ambush camper style..infact i know it does..

the moment i seena  wooden sticks and throwing bottles of dr.pepper outdoes a sniper rifle its time for me to find a different game.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
370 posts

Jun 23, 2013

^ Not exactly BF3, most maps aren't wide open so those in the middle of the map (that don't die) will generally end up with more kills/rewards regardless.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
370 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Here's the latest TLOU multiplayer video on Brawler and melee weapons.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Guide #2

Focus on Melee / Brawler Loadout: Fighting multiple enemies with Brawler, Melee and Machete weapon upgrading/maintenance, Smoke Grenades, Special Executions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KdlSXDDiaY

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
370 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Hey everyone, here's the latest video featuring the Hunting Rifle, please let me know what you think or if you want to see any topics covered in the future.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Guide #3

Focus on Hunting Rifle: Lots of headshots, weapon range management, marking, sprinting, special executions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn_YSH3QF-c

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
370 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

EDIT: Nvm fixed now.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (290 Views)