Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 10 2013
By: meb2x First Son 10 posts

Multiplayer connectivity issues

13 replies 277 views Edited Dec 10, 2013
I bought The Last of Us when it first came out. (I actually preordered it) ever since I bought the game I have been unable to connect to the multiplayer. It shows messages saying; unable to connect to game session, problem with host manager, error downloading config files, etc.... I love the game and it is a standout PS3 title but I want to play online. I have talked to people from Naughty Dog and they cannot help. Please help me enjoy this game for all that it is, multiplayer included. If you have any solutions or know someone who could help let me know in the comments.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8054 posts

Re: Multiplayer connectivity issues

Dec 10, 2013

meb2x wrote:
I bought The Last of Us when it first came out. (I actually preordered it) ever since I bought the game I have been unable to connect to the multiplayer. It shows messages saying; unable to connect to game session, problem with host manager, error downloading config files, etc.... I love the game and it is a standout PS3 title but I want to play online. I have talked to people from Naughty Dog and they cannot help. Please help me enjoy this game for all that it is, multiplayer included. If you have any solutions or know someone who could help let me know in the comments.

Did you:

Reset your router?

Delete all game data? (NOT YOUR SAVED DATA)

Check your network connection settings?

These type of messages you're getting tells us that the error is from your end. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (272 Views)
I Only Post Everything
963 posts

Dec 10, 2013
To add on to what AK said, sometimes it helps to press the PS button while the game is connecting. I don't know why but it just does, lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 10, 2013
I did all of the things you suggested. Sorry, if I was not clear. I actually talked to some Naughty Dog employees via the forums and they gave me some advice about resetting my router, deleting and redo loading my data, etc. none of their advice seemed to help.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8054 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2013

meb2x wrote:
I did all of the things you suggested. Sorry, if I was not clear. I actually talked to some Naughty Dog employees via the forums and they gave me some advice about resetting my router, deleting and redo loading my data, etc. none of their advice seemed to help.

I don't know then. All those messages suggest a network  problem in relation to your connection.  

EDIT:

Try This:

Hey i was having the same problem until i found out that some internet service providers use a DNS that does not work with the game. To get online just go to your internet settings and manually put the below DNS settings in (do not test connection once done) then start game and it will work.

primary DNS:      8.8.8.8

secondary DNS: 8.8.8.4

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/quot-Error-downloading-config-file...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Dec 10, 2013
tried checking your NAT type, enabling DMZ mode in your router settings or changing DNS servers?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (253 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 10, 2013
I have NAT type 2. Not sure what the DMZ or DNS is. Not really a big computer guy, when it comes to technical issues.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8054 posts

Dec 10, 2013

meb2x wrote:
I have NAT type 2. Not sure what the DMZ or DNS is. Not really a big computer guy, when it comes to technical issues.

I have edited some info on my previous post that might help you out.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2013

NAT2 is fine.

you can enable DMZ mode in your router settings. refer to your routers manual on how to access it. you will require a login & a password - usually default like 'admin', 'password' etc. depending on the manufacturer.

usual router settings addresses:
Linksys - http://192.168.1.1
3Com - http://192.168.1.1
D-Link - http://192.168.0.1
Belkin - http://192.168.2.1

that said, DNS is one of the most common problems with PSN/PS3 games imo. you can change your DNS servers in Network Setting on your PS3. there are many public DNS addresses, like google public DNS:
primary - 8.8.8.8
secondary - 8.8.4.4

hope this helps.

/edit

AKyemeni beat me to it. qq :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 10, 2013
I tried changing my DNS, as you suggested. It went to the loading screen stopped at about twenty percent and said error syncing levels.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (234 Views)
0 Likes