Highlighted
Jun 17 2013
By: Cristari Lombax Warrior 147 posts

Multiplayer is Broken

[ Edited ]
21 replies 761 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

Naughty Dog I hope you read this if not then other players out there should know what I am about to say is true and if you don't take heed of this.

Your team selection in Multiplayer is broken. The teams always end up stacked and trying to win against a stacked team is horrendously difficult. Trying to win against a team where one person is 13+ and everyone else is below 3 is tough for the low level players.

Games where one person is 13+ against a team of 0, 1's and 2's  will end up with a 0 - 15+ every single time.

I realize that you must allow friends to play together but if the level difference between the two teams is so great then you should at least give the lower leveled team a buff or a boost of some sort in order to level out game play!

In these types of games all I see are team mates leaving and getting a hit to their population and those that are left can not get any supplies in order to keep their population healthy. I had a population of 55 before joining a game with a rank 13 who was owning everyone and not being killed, people just left the game and I gained almost no supplies to keep my population alive and on top of that I was on a mission where I lost 60% of my population because of this!

Your multiplayer is seriously broken and needs fixing ASAP.

Message 1 of 22 (761 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Re: Naughty Dog your Multiplayer is Broken

Jun 17, 2013

"ND, your multiplayer is broken." ------ Hey look, it's the most commonly seen phrase that gets ignored until the release of their next game in a few years.

I think people partied up, should end up against other parties. A matchmaking that searches for parties if you're in one, and single if youre playing alone. How is that too difficult to have ? It would do wonders for people's play experiences.

Message 2 of 22 (708 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Jun 17, 2013

The multiplayer is fine. Just party up with some people. It's a team-based game, get a team!

Message 3 of 22 (696 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

The multiplayer is fine. Just party up with some people. It's a team-based game, get a team!

Agreed.

@OP

In my opinion, the number of missions somebody has completed does not = skill / teamwork ability.

My team was able to defeat a team of 8/9+ players, while we were only 4/5.

As Cal said, just get a team. Find a group of people who will work as a team.

Your gear / perks may not be great, compared to higher number players, but as I said: That doesn't mean they are good.

It's all about teamwork and how you use what you got.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 22 (675 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

I don't understand why people try to play team-based MPs alone, get a team  or **bleep**.

Message 5 of 22 (659 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Jun 17, 2013
This is not as bad as getting kicked from games so you have no chance of getting your 120+ pop....
Message 6 of 22 (645 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Re: Multiplayer is Broken

Jun 18, 2013

@Those that don't agree with me.

Your solution is to 'Group Up!'

This is wrong, not everyone can group up not everyone has their friends playing this game therefore your solution to group up is a total waste of time, why even design in a matchmaking system if what you are supposed to do is to group up!

The game is broken in the fact that it only takes 1 person of a significantly high enough level over the new players to totally screw their game and experience over so much that they will never touch it again even if they have loads of pals. For all you know they could be convincing their friends to never touch the multiplayer because of their bad experience.

I'm sorry that your blind and can't see what is obvious about this multiplayer. The Matchmaking system and team balance sucks!

Message 7 of 22 (611 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 18, 2013

i know what you're saying but honestly I don't think level means much. it shows that someone has been playing longer, not necessarily that they're better.

Message 8 of 22 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Cristari wrote:

@Those that don't agree with me.

Your solution is to 'Group Up!'

This is wrong, not everyone can group up not everyone has their friends playing this game therefore your solution to group up is a total waste of time, why even design in a matchmaking system if what you are supposed to do is to group up!

The game is broken in the fact that it only takes 1 person of a significantly high enough level over the new players to totally screw their game and experience over so much that they will never touch it again even if they have loads of pals. For all you know they could be convincing their friends to never touch the multiplayer because of their bad experience.

I'm sorry that your blind and can't see what is obvious about this multiplayer. The Matchmaking system and team balance sucks!

What are you even on about for levels? There are no rewards for leveling up. Only your supplies. The number next to your name lobby has nothing tied to what unlocks the guy has, I'm not even sure they are levels. Even then, the pre-made load outs are more than enough to get started in the game, one with every weapon and perks to accomadate them. You don't need to group up, you just need to team up with the randomers you are with. 

1 person is not enough to take on an entire team and if they can, you are doing something wrong. It's more than easy to flank one guy in numbers and demolish him given how little health you have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 22 (586 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

You are complaining that people party up in team base tactical third person shooter? Putting a team in a team game should be nerfed? What brand of diapers do you wear?

Are you the same person that complains tanks in Battlefield are overpowered because a squad plays them properly? Or when a teammate says someone is behind me is cheating?

Message 10 of 22 (556 Views)
0 Likes