Wastelander
464 posts

Re: My experiment.

Aug 22, 2013

Matchmaking is indeed terrible. As a high level, it doesnt seem too bad because I always end up on stacked teams. This is also why I play solo on party playlist. Give that a try and let us know how you felt.

Obviously you run into teams but there arent too many party of 4 and a lot of times most teams are 2-3 players and so you actually end up with balanced teams.

-------

Hunting Rifle is outclassed. Even in competitive games, its only good if your team is backing you up and are in the front lines. When going 1v1 without corner shooting, HR gets owned.

Not only that but with HR you NEED to use Sharpshooter to be effective against skilled player  where as with SAR you dont need to.

I think they need to change upgrade cost for each weapon and make it VARIABLE (more for sar, less for HR) as well lower scope in time.

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 31 of 39 (174 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Aug 22, 2013
Very good point about having to use sharp shooter to make it viable.
I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 32 of 39 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Aug 22, 2013
Anyone else having deja vu from the Dragunov discussions in uncharted 3, when it was made a loadout weapon?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 33 of 39 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 22, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Anyone else having deja vu from the Dragunov discussions in uncharted 3, when it was made a loadout weapon?

Well, we had asked for less aim assist (a la Summer beta) and we got nothing.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 34 of 39 (132 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Aug 22, 2013
Right, but the initial discussions were all about taking a power weapon and making it a load out weapon. People were incensed at it now being 2-hits to kill unless a head shot.
They were upset that it had a default zoom, and no down the sights aiming.

Sound familiar?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 35 of 39 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Barring a few exceptions, most people were OK with its damage and the forced scope. It just needed an aim assist tweak.

In the same vein, I'd prefer a slight HR buff, rather than a SAR nerf.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 36 of 39 (116 Views)
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Aug 22, 2013
Always thought the HR could use retooling. Wouldnt mind some sway at the cost of reducing scope time and reload.

I havent played in a while but I can't remember if you have to lower the scope to reload?
Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 37 of 39 (111 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Aug 22, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:
Always thought the HR could use retooling. Wouldnt mind some sway at the cost of reducing scope time and reload.

I havent played in a while but I can't remember if you have to lower the scope to reload?

Yes the scope has to be lowered to reload, also even at the highest upgrade it still has to be taken down.

This type of thread isn't typical of me I know, but I'm just trying to use this experiment to get a feeling of what it's like to play through others eyes.

After yet another night of playing with this account it has become blatantly clear that the game is team stacking in this no party play list.

If anyone doesn't believe me try playing with a new account.

I would not even notice the team stacking playing on my main account because I'm a level 120 and wouldn't be getting my arse handed to me by low levels.

I might even think I had a good game, and think nothing else of it.

But being on the other account and playing solo in the solo play list I can easily see myself being placed constantly with levels 0-10 against levels 60+.

I'm not sure what purpose this servers.

Yeah I'm sure the 60+ players are loving life right now, but what about the players new to this title getting murdered in matches they shouldn't be in or at least have the teams balance.

I'm concerned about this because I really love this game for what ever reason and I want the player pool to remain healthy.

Like I said in my original post, with this new account perspective I would sell the game.

Last night I set up a crafter\ hunting rifle load out only to find even with my team consisting of players under 10 against levels 5x higher I could not get items from the crates to even give to the lower levels on my team to help them.

What the HELL is going on with this welfare system?

Even these players getting to crates ARE NOT getting supplies when in fact the teams are even stacked against them.

I dont like the welfare system nor support it in ANY online game, but for **** sakes it should at least be constant.

Even in Uncharted 3 the powerplay system was a constant, marked man, exposed, and double damage came into effect based on a score difference.

What is the play book for this welfare system?

I'm getting molotovs when dominating one match on my main then when I'm on a team of low levels getting destroyed I cant get paper to wipe my own behind?

I doesn't even make sense!

I thought it was just for players doing bad, or team doing bad but that doesn't even seem to be the case.

I'm sorry I got off track about the power plays, oops welfare system.

Back on track, hunting rifle needs adjusted and teams should be more balanced on a play list that is for players that want to escape stacked parties.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 38 of 39 (100 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2013

What some one said is a very good point about adjusting upgrade cost based on the weapon. It should not be universal costs.

To make some thing clear about my statements I do NOT believe the correct way to balance any thing is to nerf some thing else so it becomes useless.
A nerf to a weapon that players love to use will result in negative back lash, as it did in other staple ND games.
A buff to a weapon will result in players who already use that weapon as a positive encouragement from the developers that they have their interests in mind without negatively effecting those players that choose a different weapon.
If you choose never to use the hunting rifle then you would not notice a buff in its abilities in contrast to your gun of choice being adjusted negatively.

Message 39 of 39 (87 Views)