Highlighted
Jul 22 2013
By: DEATH__MACHINIST Treasure Hunter 3686 posts

My outlook.

[ Edited ]
70 replies 525 views Edited Jul 22, 2013

So over the last few days I have been looking at old youtube videos from Uncharted 3.

I'm using U3 because it is a pretty good history lesson on what the future holds, and how we keep making the same mistakes.

Watching the videos you can easily tell what is post and pre patch for the weapon systems of the game.

The Fal,

The Fal was the first long gun to get " adjusted" ie. the nerf hammer.

Going and searching threads about this gun you see the same propaganda about needing balanceing, nerfing and its the gun of pros.

Low and behold this gun got a one bullet damage increase.

This was enough for most of the community, and "elite" players to completely drop it.

So did this balance fix anything? We maybe for the people that loved the gmal.

Well, new players and "elite" players quickly had no problem jumping on what was yet another gun deemed "op" by the community.

The gmal,

Next inline was the gmal. This gun by going back to the threads on the forum would seem like it was the gun of the gods. Just by equipping this beast you where commanding the staff of Zeus.

Well this really wasn't the case. It was pretty much a pretty good decent all round weapon, which lacked in blind fire accuracy causing players to equip hand guns to try to make up for where it lacked.

Well it didn't take long till "pros" and players that used anything else where complaining about it.

Now when you watched a tournament you would see all gmal users.

Adjustments to the fal did nothing for balance.

The nerf hammer was dropped and the gmal became the gun of legend.

The M9.

Pretty quickly everyone jumped from the gmal straight to the M9.
The M9 was quickly found to be a blind fire out the door great gun.

Equipping BF accuracy only made it more noticeable.

Well every one complained about the blind fire and it got a "slight" reduction.

The M9 brought more damage to the game when players realized how effective it would be with rate of fire and BF accuracy mods to it.

The M9 became the go to gun of the "elite" and the primary gun you see in tournaments.

Every nerf just quickly led everyone to gravitate to another set up, no matter how much balance the game was suppose to receive by adjusting.

One thing that was certain in my eyes was the only thing that really changed was how many people lost things they really liked about the game with these nerfs and just flat out left.

Now the people that left because of "op" guns found a different game and from my experience nerfing guns did not bring them back.

My opinion on this is solely mine and counts no more than anyone who plays competitive, makes videos, writes threads or has and idea of what is balanced.

We on this forum are NOT elected by the community to change this game in anyway shape or form.

Those of us that call ourselves elite, or join an outside gaming website hold no more of a vote than anyone else.

We have proved as a whole that we cannot fix, balance, adjust, or make the perfect game.

It is probably a good idea that you don't see ND employees playing this game often, that way they can form an outside opinion and an non biased view.

We are still faaaaar to new at this game to be "adjusting" it.

Maps alone as dlc could drastically change the weapon, loadout choices of many for this title.

Focus on technical fixes and getting more people to this game should be all of our focuses or no one will be here to play it.

Having the multiplayer free to ps+ members like BF3 does would do wonders for it adding more players and perhaps more variety of styles.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 1 of 71 (525 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4319 posts

Re: My outlook.

Jul 22, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Having the multiplayer free to ps+ members like BF3 does would do wonders for it adding more players and perhaps more variety of styles.

Edited to keep the one interesting point of the thread.

Message 2 of 71 (517 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6878 posts

Jul 22, 2013

To be fair, the entirety of the UC3 retail game, was never ever ever balanced, it has always been a one-gun game since November of 2011.

People can say oh the G-mal was perfect since you aimed, or that it's ok now since the M9 is an all rounder, and any other excuses, but to be quite blunt, there wasn't a single moment in that games lifespan where there was balance.

Luckily that is not the case in TLOU and seeing people cry and cry and cry and cry on these forums... I fear that it will soon be the case.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 3 of 71 (501 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3686 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

U3 suffered many balance issues. Many apon release, yet many caused by us.
We also caused the health change to U2.
Many believed that would better the game.

Not since release of U2 has ND had a game that feels balanced like this game.
They nailed this title without our help.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 4 of 71 (486 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6878 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Sadly, with our help I see the future of this game having:

a useless SAR

an inaccurate bow with scarce ammo

an expensive revolver

crappy body armour that is too expensive

and useless molotovs/bombs

and who knows what else people cry for

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 5 of 71 (464 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3686 posts

Jul 22, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Sadly, with our help I see the future of this game having:

a useless SAR

an inaccurate bow with scarce ammo

an expensive revolver

crappy body armour that is too expensive

and useless molotovs/bombs

and who knows what else people cry for

Shiv bat melee. You forgot.

Message 6 of 71 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Jul 22, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

U3 suffered many balance issues. Many upon release, yet many caused by us.

if you are implying that our uncharted 3 forum community caused more issues for the game than that is incorrect, the uncharted 3 forum community as a whole did not cause the game to have more issues than what it started with, the main source of the problem was the people who played the game and only jumped on the forums because they were displeased with the game for whatever reason and spamed the forums with complaints, once it was patched they left the forums... the only thing that myself and many others have accused of being OP is the modern day M9, i can't speak for a lot of the other members of the u3 forums, but i didn't support any of the OP threads there (fal, g-mal, shotty ... )

so i'm sorry, but i'm not taking the fall for what other gamers have done to uncharted 3 ... since i and many people were not remotely involved with it

Message 7 of 71 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3686 posts

Jul 22, 2013

No not everyone.

The sqeakiest wheel got the grease on the U3 forum.

The people that thought things were fine were quiet.

Thats the problem.

Im really glad to see the people on here fighting to stop a retelling of U3.

We need more threads from the "happy with game" crowd.

Just trying to do that part.

Message 8 of 71 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 22, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

the main source of the problem was the people who played the game and only jumped on the forums because they were displeased with the game for whatever reason and spamed the forums with complaints, once it was patched they left the forums...

^ True.

I remember a certain whiner who had promised ND that he would play UC3 MP more often if they nerfed the G-MAL... guess what? He vanished from the forums and stopped playing the game. Smiley Indifferent

These kind of people should not be taken seriously by ND.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 9 of 71 (417 Views)
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Jul 22, 2013
Feel fee to search for my posts in uncharted 3 Nerf threads, telling ND not to.

There were also plenty of forum regulars calling for Nerfs and adjustments. They may not be regulars, NOW, but they were once, and botched about everything.

The game did also get a buff, when the AK got a minor accuracy rise. Didn't do much.

The OP is right, the history of ND is that weapon changes alert the fundamental game play. Change nothing in this title.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 10 of 71 (397 Views)