Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Re: My outlook.

Jul 22, 2013
So wait we are blaming the GMal Whiners for everything now?

As for the FAL, everyone hated that thing bro, not just a few loudmouths.
Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 21 of 71 (221 Views)
Limit Breaker
17641 posts

Jul 22, 2013
He's new.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 22 of 71 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Jul 22, 2013
The only thing that needs to be balanced is how hard we push for settings in one game, only to do it all over again in the next. *cough*spectatorcustomgameoptions*cough
Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 23 of 71 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3799 posts

Jul 22, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:
So wait we are blaming the GMal Whiners for everything now?

As for the FAL, everyone hated that thing bro, not just a few loudmouths.

Nope, I'm blaming whiners in general and showing the progression.

It got to the point where the mag 5 became a issue on the forums.

Threads even started about the dragon. 

I cant even tell you the last time i saw a dragon user.

But theres a thread about it, heck people even wanted it removed. It gets out of hand real quick.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 24 of 71 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013
As far as balance for The Last of Us goes I think it's really good, but have no problems saying I think a few things need adjustments. All the guns and weapons to me are fine and need nothing done to them. For me personally I would like to see cover tweaked so you can't be headshoted while fully in cover not moving (I realize it will never happen though so I try not to bother with it anymore), and I think the "welfare" system for the loseing team needs to be toned down a bit. I say this because when you compare the winning team to the loseing team the loseing team gets enough from one supply box to make usually 2 of any bomb and can upgrade a melee weapon and maybe a whole bomb sometimes. Compare this to the winning team who has to go too 2-3 supply boxes to make a bomb, and forgot about a melee weapon this system just doesn't seem balanced. If you consider me one of the people who wants to "destroy" the game because of my views I would have to disagree. This game has some of the best balance I've seen I can admit, but is it perfect in every regard I don't think so.
Message 25 of 71 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 22, 2013
DEATH=reason.

But qb and the fal were pretty ridiculous. The funny thing is that if you get a few markers with the m9 or AK and them zoom in it adds a ton of aim assist. You get more markers than usual and become every bit an aimed beast as the gmal. Very few players know this. It makes the AK with Accuracy quite effective.
Message 26 of 71 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2203 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Well said Death, I honestly thought the only gun related nerfs would be the Fal's 4 shot kill and the G-Mal's stopping power. ND went way overboard with these nerfs and look what we have now. One weapon that is highly inconsistent for use and the other that has had it's long range ability crippled.

I never thought the M9 was overpowered without ROF. I just think the other 4 weapons were too weak to be competing with the M9. Makes no sense to damage the M9 in order to achieve "perfect balance"

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 27 of 71 (162 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jul 22, 2013

I think it's well known that UC3 was a mere experiment for ND, from the tournament scam system to the weapons balancing to the F2P model to the treasures system to the microtransactions. I guess they can learn not to nerf anything due to the FAIL they did with balancing in UC3.

Message 28 of 71 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Jul 22, 2013
Ahhhh... reasonable forum conversations. Such a rarity. Let soak it in Smiley Happy

I agree with you D_M. Leave the weapons and boosters alone. Just fix the technical stuff.
Message 29 of 71 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7073 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

If it wasn't for the increasingly worse and worse lag, and ND's insistance to not nerf blindfire lockon, U3 right now would be almost infinitely better than release. EDIT: Oh and screw smack n' troll, animation clipping nonsense.

Did you forget about the addition of stopping power thanks to forumers? Did you forget how ridiculously broken the game was before the FAL was nerfed? Was it the forumers who asked that the RoF mod be removed from the AK after beta just to be put on the M9?

If you ask for ND to lower the aim assist on the GMAL, and that's the biggest consensus after it's stopping power was lowered, yet they do that and nerf it's recoil, why do you hold the forumers accountable? They never tested that with us. They never asked us officially. They never said "Hey we're going to try this and see how it works and maybe not follow through with it." Instead they listened to what some forumers said, and then made the changes the changes based on WHAT THEY WANTED. ND had the final decision every single time. We could only make suggestions or lobby for our cause. Often times we were outright ignored.

Anyways I feel that after all the patches U3 right now is better than U3 was at release, by a longshot. I just can't play it anymore because I've had enough of lag and blindfire for a long long time. I played plenty considering I hit max rank, then a month before the level increase got reset, power leveled back up to third legacy 30 somethingish right as the update went out, and then got all the way to fifth legacy 74 and some change.

Message 30 of 71 (119 Views)