Aug 01 2013
By: DEATH__MACHINIST Treasure Hunter 3768 posts

ND Come On (Ping Toggle)!

[ Edited ]
44 replies 902 views Edited Aug 22, 2013

With all the freaking posts on this forum about nerf this nerf that this is op thats op.

I have a news flash, it DOES NOT matter what is op when you constantly get matched with players having one freaking bar of ping to the host.

I absolutely did not plan on buying this game for the simple fact that ND has completely disregarded letting people play with garbage connections on their other titles.

Low and behold at release, they did. I couldn't believe it.

I bought this title with one of the selling points that it was a "stricter" game with connections.

Then waaalaaa, you remove it because little johnny cant play while his baby sister watches dora the explorer on netflix whilst mommy's watching her desperate house wives.

As days on this title go by I am seeing more and more players with only one bar connections that bat you from ten feet away,  shoot you behind cover, freeze then unfreeze, screw with hit registration and down you while they are down.

This is not my connection, repeated this is not my connection.

When everyone on my own team is very VERBALLY letting me know they are seeing the same thing I know its not mine.

Last night one guys connection was so bad that I called him out on it after wards and he told me I was just garbage and suck, only to have his OWN team mates tell him he was twitching around the map and freezing constantly.

You can argue that making the restrictions on connection more strict makes the players pool smaller................................ well great!

I was backing out in lobby reading the languages of players before the match to make sure I wasn't playing some one 12,000 miles away but for **** sakes some of the connections of people in my own region.

HOW MANY MORE KUDOS DOES THE PING TOGGLE THREAD NEED FOR YOU TO GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS.

I have played with friends from FREAKING Romania that have more solid connections than some of the people I have been matched against in the U.S.

Thats like a 18 hr ***** flight away!

Having lines going through war torn countries? And yet still has atleast three bars!

Yet some one in freaking OHIO cant get their **** straight?

Enough is enough grow some stones and stop letting players with connections weaker in strength than my car starter play against players with expensive high quality connections.

It's just wonderful paying 130$ a month for a 50mb download with 12mb upload with ZERO packet loss and ZERO jitter, with a NAT1 connection hard lined to my ps3 only to have to watch little billy strobe light around the map.

You team designed a good balanced game but your match making is utterly retarded.

If your team can not figure this out maybe you should let your wives do it for you.

Edit: updated thread title to reflect content

U--J

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 1 of 45 (902 Views)
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Re: ND Come On!

Aug 1, 2013
You pay how much?

Zomg! Suddenly, $40 for 35/35 sends like theft.

At the very least it would be nice to have some answer on this issue.
But they don't really answer.

Hey, remember when we moved to the Sony forum to have accesses to more company reps and Sony experts!?

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 2 of 45 (889 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3768 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

130$ Yeah, that much. It was 90$ but "special offer ran out".

I have comcasts gaming package which is their full strength connection.

Not "up to" speeds but guaranteed speeds.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 3 of 45 (883 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Aug 1, 2013
Well guaranteed ping/jitter like that is costly.

My entire FiOS package, including digital phone and HD TV is only $135.

I get 1 Ms jitter and about 15-35 Ms ping. I want the 100/60, but they haven't rolled it out here, yet.

Message 4 of 45 (876 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Aug 1, 2013
I've been lucky. The worst skaters and teleporters I've seen have all been on my team.

Message 5 of 45 (873 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Aug 1, 2013

SKATERS! Yes that is the word. LOL

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Message 6 of 45 (853 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Aug 1, 2013
tldr, kudos.
Message 7 of 45 (832 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3768 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
tldr, kudos.

I butt hurt, matched against laggy players, want to go back to update that froze laggers in place or flat out kicked, or NOT LET THEM PLAY.

Message 8 of 45 (824 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Aug 1, 2013
Figured as it was you.
Message 9 of 45 (781 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Since ND doesn't care about lag (1.00.061 fiasco), just do what I do:

Run uTorrent and seed a few dozens of torrents. Seed, not download.

That way, you diminish your upload speed (you become a harder target) and your download speed remains intact (opponents don't skip frames). I also remember Glozor mentioning this theory.

Just don't become the party leader/host, because it may affect your teammates as well.

ps: I have a 50/5 Mbps (down/up) connection and 20ms first-hop ping. Why I should be punished, just because I have a good connection?

It's strange that this method doesn't work in UC3 MP (you'll get the white plug of doom in no time).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 45 (762 Views)