Reply
Apr 16 2014
By: Lordidude Wastelander 631 posts
Offline

ND Logic

[ Edited ]
8 replies 190 views Edited Apr 16, 2014

Learn an advanced, risky and hard to pull off tactic (shiv dance) to improve your style of play:

BAD

 

Equip Bomb Expert:

Press R1 (one button!) if you see an enemy up close to stun him without getting stunned. Let the booster work for you:

GOOD

 

 

Make the stun-protection and the quicker explosion at least two separate skills...

Message 1 of 9 (190 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
3944 posts
 

Re: ND Logic

Apr 16, 2014
Wiggle your analog sticks around until you notice a button notification improperly pop up. Then see if you can repeat. Ok.
Same as any other glitch.
Message 2 of 9 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/25/2013
Offline
458 posts
 

Re: ND Logic

Apr 16, 2014

Lordidude wrote:

Learn an advanced, risky and hard to pull off tactic (shiv dance) to improve your style of play:

BAD

 

Equip Bomb Expert:

Press R1 (one button!) if you see an enemy up close to stun him without getting stunned. Let the booster work for you:

GOOD

 

 

Make the stun-protection and the quicker explosion at least two separate skills...


And we all know LOTS of people are gonna combine that with EE2 to become near untouchable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcWPc6U5nM
Message 3 of 9 (158 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/24/2010
Offline
631 posts
 

Re: ND Logic

Apr 16, 2014

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Wiggle your analog sticks around until you notice a button notification improperly pop up. Then see if you can repeat. Ok.
Same as any other glitch.

 

You can say the same for shooting:

Wiggle one analog stick and press R1 until either dies.

 

Saying something overly simplified doesn't make it a glitch...

Message 4 of 9 (156 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: ND Logic

Apr 16, 2014

I agree that throwing smoke bombs near you should be risky. I've argued before that EE2 was balanced (even before the nerf), because you would stun/kill yourself.

 

Removing the stun effect doesn't make much sense to me, but what you can do? It's their game and they can tweak it in every way they see fit.

Message 5 of 9 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: ND Logic

Apr 16, 2014

Lathiel- wrote:

Lordidude wrote:

Learn an advanced, risky and hard to pull off tactic (shiv dance) to improve your style of play:

BAD

 

Equip Bomb Expert:

Press R1 (one button!) if you see an enemy up close to stun him without getting stunned. Let the booster work for you:

GOOD

 

 

Make the stun-protection and the quicker explosion at least two separate skills...


And we all know LOTS of people are gonna combine that with EE2 to become near untouchable.


It's the equivalent of Bargain + Revenge + Mega Bomb in TLOU.

Message 6 of 9 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
3944 posts
 

Re: ND Logic

Apr 16, 2014
^c'mon man. You know better. So when I happen to look upwards in certain areas and got a nearly complete view of the map, that wasn't a glitch? When we did the sky walk or 360 trick on U2/3 that wasn't a glitch?

Aiming your gun and shooting with R1 was intended. Glitches are not. Its just that some are easier to patch than others. Why do you think they added the damage delay to the shiv dance? Because it was too hard to remove.
Message 7 of 9 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/24/2010
Offline
631 posts
 

Re: ND Logic

Apr 17, 2014

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Why do you think they added the damage delay to the shiv dance? Because it was too hard to remove.


Because they want to make the game appealing to as many people as possible.

And you can only achieve that via noob-friendliness.

Message 8 of 9 (103 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/02/2009
Offline
1396 posts
 

Re: ND Logic

Apr 17, 2014

Lordidude wrote:

Learn an advanced, risky and hard to pull off tactic (shiv dance) to improve your style of play:

BAD

 

Equip Bomb Expert:

Press R1 (one button!) if you see an enemy up close to stun him without getting stunned. Let the booster work for you:

GOOD

 

 

Make the stun-protection and the quicker explosion at least two separate skills...


OK.

 

So how about this for a compromise!?

 

IF You throw a smoke bomb behind a person, when it explodes, a bunch of shivs shoot out of the bomb and kill the enemy.

 

Yay? =\

Message 9 of 9 (100 Views)