Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Re: ND could make a new Option for Costumization...

Nov 9, 2013

Their reasoning is understandable thought, despite it being an arbritrary one of course. They wanted to give the multiplayer a sense of factions and it was achieved by forcing everyone to look nearly identical.

The reason doesn't quite explain gender selecting though. Unless they wanted to ensure that factions wouldn't always be one sided in gender selection. Of course, the last bit only makes sense if they assumed that the majority would actively choose a particular gender.

Aso, the fact that the multiplayer was created in which you stick to an entire faction for a duration of time would mean that character customization, if done, would have to be split into two, a la warkhawk/starhawk style. Something that this game doesn't have readily available.

To make matters worse. Factions chosen are only visible to each respective player. Meaning we all see a different character on each screen, at least in terms of what faction you choose.

Sorry to say, but they pretty much dug themselves a hole with this customization business. It is not impossible, but the effort required to implement is probably a deterrent for ND.

Message 21 of 76 (180 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Nov 9, 2013
Oh that with the Factions I know. But I see the random Character I play and from which Faction he comes. I don't care Hunters see me as Firefly and Fireflies see me as Hunters. It would be nonsense if I'm a Firefly and I take out another Firefly who's on the Enemy Team.

I want to see my Character on my Screen. If others see me my Character as another Random... I don't care. I care about my Screen in the first Place.
You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 22 of 76 (172 Views)
Monster Hunter
26 posts

Nov 10, 2013

The simple solution there would be to just give us two custom setups.  We choose how we want to appear as a Firefly and how we want to appear as a Hunter.  This way it won't matter what faction each person is playing as.  People who don't care about this crap can just leave theirs on random.

Message 23 of 76 (150 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Please understand that it is not as simple as you think. I made a remark about the faction thing because should our customization be visible for others, the game would have to display both customizations during each round in accordance to what faction everyone has chosen. It would be slightly easier if customization was only visible to each player, but again, implementing such a feature is not going to be an easy task and I doubt ND would go the extra mile on this.

Message 24 of 76 (142 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Nov 10, 2013
I've posted this idea weeks befor this Thread Bro.
You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Message 25 of 76 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Nov 10, 2013
Why shouldn't that be an easy thing? On the other Screens they could still show a random.
Message 26 of 76 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

The system is already placed so that masks and hats will display across each player. While clothing runs parallel between factions, so customization, if done, would be limited to same color and specific assets.

I already mention the different factions customization has to be split. Such feature isn't available and its a whole new asset that must be built from the ground up.

What you are asking for would require to remove the establish configuration and build a new one.

Nd would gain nothing from going the extra mile so I don't see them complying with this particular request.

Message 27 of 76 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Nov 10, 2013
^They would gain a newfound respect from me. No but seriously that picking who you play as for both sides to appear in an enemy screen isn't a bad idea at all!
Message 28 of 76 (125 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Nov 10, 2013
Ups, accepted as Solution, DAMNIT. Anyways... Masks are different too. Think of Bandana. Hunters have blue/black and Fireflies have yellow. It IS actually possible!
Message 29 of 76 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Nov 10, 2013
^Exactly! If there is an even amount of clothes and etc for both sides, all they would need to do is have them all parallel each other, so if your wearing the green beanie, playing as the green firefly, you'll appear as a Hunter wearing a beanie and jean jacket.
Message 30 of 76 (110 Views)
0 Likes