Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Re: ND could make a new Option for Customization...

Nov 10, 2013

SonGaton wrote:
Ups, accepted as Solution, DAMNIT. Anyways... Masks are different too. Think of Bandana. Hunters have blue/black and Fireflies have yellow. It IS actually possible!

What? No. Each character is associated with a specific counter character from the opposite faction. e.g Firefly Female A is linked with Hunter Female A. So the game essentially chooses two skins to be visible to each player according to what faction they choose.

There is no one particular piece of clothing linked with another piece of clothing. That type of configuration has to be built from the ground up (same applies for color). Instead what we have is preset characters that are linked with other preset characters.

There is nothing in the game that could simply allow for customization. They have to build these assets and configurations.

It is easier with maps because the assets exist already.

Message 31 of 76 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2132 posts

Re: ND could make a new Option for Costumization...

Nov 10, 2013
^Nah i doubt it, my teammates and enemies could be a guy on my screen, and a girl on theirs, trust me the mic tells all.
Message 32 of 76 (99 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Nov 10, 2013

Are we really going to try and convince each other that its possible, because I'm going to need somone with a recording device to help me prove you wrong. I'm 99% positive that it is as I stated because of multiple occasions I discussed with people who always see me as a girl when I'm playing a girl or I hear through their mic that I'm a girl.

Also, randomizing character assets as so would be too demanding.

In which case, this requires further investigation.

Message 33 of 76 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9496 posts

Nov 10, 2013
^Quinzen is right. You could be a female in your screen, but a dude on the enemies' or teammates' screens.

Message 34 of 76 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2013

You don't mind actually testing it out with me do you? I know you have a capture device and so do I.

I could take your word for it but I'd rather take a precautionary step. Besides, we can get a better insight on how it works.

Message 35 of 76 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9496 posts

Nov 10, 2013
I'm at work right now, so I can't. Would love to though.

Message 36 of 76 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Do some of you know the Hunter with that long open blue Jacket? The Firefly Version of him would be the Guy with long yellow (a bit army style included) closed Jacket. 

That can't be so hard as it sounds. They could give us at least 5 Skins first with a Hunter/Firefly Version. They can add more later.

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 37 of 76 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11231 posts

Nov 11, 2013
The only thing i want is to be able to change gender. No more hats nor colors. Just gender.

Message 38 of 76 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Nov 11, 2013
But if we could select the Skin we wanna play you could simply select female or male Characters!

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 39 of 76 (63 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Whatever the case may be, Naughty Dog has(had) an agenda and opted to not make customization.

But really. Is it honestly that important? Why does what gender you get matter or what character we get? What are we personally trying to advertise here? Individuality? Visual euphoria?

What ever the case be, we most likely wont be getting a form of customization.

On a related note: Akyemeni are we still doing this and if so when?

Message 40 of 76 (58 Views)
0 Likes