I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Re: ND could make a new Option for Costumization...

Nov 14, 2013

Default hat tends to change from your own view and others.

Let's say I am a girl (Hunter), my teammate is Firefly and when I asked him, he is seeing me as a guy.

If we are BOTH Hunters, he sees me as who I see myself.

Just some examples.

I know because my husband, jimmymare plays this game in the same house as me, it's not too difficult to verify. LOL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 51 of 76 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
704 posts

Nov 14, 2013

So, now we all know that, ND can simply add that future.

And to the question of importantness of this: MP tells a little Story. How I fight for my Clan and the Hunter/Firefly Attacks, you know. I don't want to bring my clan further as a Random Character I may don't like. Besides that: Do some of you have a favorite Character? Once I saw a Guy. He was wearing green trousers and a big opened jacket. I directly felt in love that Character: "That's Le Me in The Last of Us!". I wanna play as him. For my Clan, for my Teammates and Friends and for Fun.

You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 52 of 76 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Might be in the minority, but I love the fact that I can't choose my gender, skin, voice, or age. It makes the game bigger to me, for some reason. I feel as though I'm fighting for a faction and not for myself. If I'm the same dude over and over again, I don't know,  it's more focused on me, me, me in my mind. With the constantly changing character, I always feel like each person in my hunter/firefly group is going out to get supplies for everyone else back home. And I'm the overlord of it all. Not really the "leader", but the manager. I control Johnny as he gets his supplies. I control Jane as she fights across the lakeside to get the last few parts she needs for her group. It's more about my faction and less about me. That, and I like knowing other people are in the same boat. 

Honestly, I hate people expressing themselves visually online. I hate when people pick Elena with cat-ears because they want to see her butt, or some other stupid reason (I know that's not the only reason, yes, but people do this). It's stupid. I hate when people choose the skeleton just to be all cool. 

Having the inability to do choose any of this leaves the player with the only way of expressing themselves by gameplay. I know that the player next to me didn't choose to be a girl, and I have no idea what he's like as a person because of that inability to choose. I judge him completely by his gameplay behavior. If I know a player has a choice, and he/she chooses to be a girl, and I find out they're a guy, I'm going to judge that individual and just say they want to play as her because she's hot/sexy/etc. Yes, the more choices the player has, the more I judge them.

It's a wierd feeling, not being able to judge anybody by their customization features. That, and I can't single anybody out game-to-game, which is AWESOME. I hate fighting a red skeleton in uncharted, and he winds up being good, and I just keep playing against a stupid red skeleton over and over and over, game after game. I hate it. In this, I can't associate a character with a player game-to-game. It's very, VERY nice. Takes away rivalries and allows me to focus on my team. 

The way I see it, the way it is now is completely awesome. I would be sadly disappointed if they changed it for any other games. It's different from the norm. It's more focused on gameplay and less about expressing yourself visually in some stupid fasion that doesn't correlate at all with the game. 

In this game, I judge you by your skill. Nothing more, and nothing less, because I'm not really given any more options to do so. I love it. 

That, and I could care less about unlocks because of the meta-game incorporated into this. So, there's that as well. I still have something to strive for besides unlocks. 

Message 53 of 76 (107 Views)
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Nov 15, 2013

▶▶▶▶▶Yeah the less features a game has the better :-D ◀◀◀◀◀

Message 54 of 76 (102 Views)
Wastelander
704 posts

Nov 15, 2013

It's your thing that you hate players who play their favorite Character. You can still don't care about Skins even if everyone could play his favorite. 

It seems you are one of a Guy who controls. So, you're "The Head". I could call myself "The Own Guy" or something. 

If some Skins make you angry, then you are even stronger because you don't like the Enemy more than normal Smiley Wink

If this feature will add to TLoU there should still be the "Default" option, so you can play a Random.

So we may all get happy! 

I see your point but I don't think a good Customization is that bad because some like to play a Girl. And skeletons aren't in TLoU *Huray*

You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Message 55 of 76 (95 Views)
Wastelander
704 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Waaaaiiiit....

"In this game, I judge you by your skill. Nothing more, and nothing less, because I'm not really given any more options to do so."

Sure bout that? A Guy with Skullmask... You can tell me directly that a Guy with Skullmask IS a GOOD Player. And that Mask you need 150.000 Supplies for = Much experience made!

Message 56 of 76 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10588 posts

Nov 17, 2013
^Not really. Experience != skill

And I can get alot of parts just by crafting, healing, and reviving.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 57 of 76 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
704 posts

Nov 17, 2013

d4b3edcb369acf1541e9f973608b8adf6a227efc828064b06e9837e4a0e2a8a5.jpg

Message 58 of 76 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10588 posts

Nov 17, 2013
^Yup

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 59 of 76 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 17, 2013

SonGaton wrote:

d4b3edcb369acf1541e9f973608b8adf6a227efc828064b06e9837e4a0e2a8a5.jpg

Lol, lucky guys that just have to get 80 survivors left for Skull Mask, I had to have 85.....

The only way you'll probably get that done is by doing consistently good with parts over the 12 week course or for most of it at the very least.

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 60 of 76 (64 Views)
0 Likes