Jun 19 2013
By: HoodlumX Uncharted Territory 1362 posts

Naughty Dog: Do NOT change this epic multiplayer

[ Edited ]
31 replies 547 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

I for one, absolutely LOVE the multiplayer. It actually takes smarts to play, unlike a lot of games out there. I love every single thing about the multiplayer. There isn't one thing I would change. The only thing I would ask is to add more maps, but I guess you can't do that without charging everyone. It's hard to believe how few maps there are. That is the only thing that's growing stale to me. The maps don't suck, I love all of them... I just want some more to play on is all. This is the most intense MP that I've played since Socom 2 back in 2003. 

Thank you ND! Do you guys love the MP?

Message 1 of 32 (547 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13695 posts

Re: Naughty Dog: Do NOT change this epic multiplayer

Jun 19, 2013

Not really...

It's mostly balanced, I can do well enough but I'm not too fond of slowly crawling around.

dilemma for me is do i run around and have fun and make my team lose, or go slowly with them and have a chance at winning.

I have to take the boring route since I'm not all that selfish by nature.

Message 2 of 32 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Erm, haven't you spent quite a lot of time on these forums telling people that you're a selfish player?

Yeah this game is very balanced, no changes please, thanks.

Message 3 of 32 (534 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13695 posts

Jun 19, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Erm, haven't you spent quite a lot of time on these forums telling people that you're a selfish player?

Yeah this game is very balanced, no changes please, thanks.

Not when it comes to winning, i'll do whatever it takes. Even if it means being bored out of my mind.

Message 4 of 32 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Jun 19, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

I for one, absolutely LOVE the multiplayer. It actually takes smarts to play, unlike a lot of games out there. I love every single thing about the multiplayer. There isn't one thing I would change. The only thing I would ask is to add more maps, but I guess you can't do that without charging everyone. It's hard to believe how few maps there are. That is the only thing that's growing stale to me. The maps don't suck, I love all of them... I just want some more to play on is all. This is the most intense MP that I've played since Socom 2 back in 2003. 

Thank you ND! Do you guys love the MP?

I totally agree, lover everything about it and just like you.. i want more maps.

A total of 15-18 maps will keep us going for a long time. I bought the season pass so i know i will get two more mp DLC's, i sure each pack contains 3-4 maps.

As it is now.. 7 maps.. growing tired of them.

And i miss some dynamics in them.. a blizzard isent much to brag about. Thunder, rain, snow, pitch black etc.

AND.. i bet i'm all alone on this one, but i want larger maps.. twice the size of the current ones wouldent hurt.

Canon 1Ds
Message 5 of 32 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
619 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Definitely agree with you mate, the multiplayer is amazing. Teamwork actually occurs in this game. It's funny because even the guys with stupid usernames ( The hardcore gangster ones that are a dead giveaway that they're complete d!cks ) understood that teamwork was neccessary to survive. I've actually had to strategise whilst playing, and having "You're the last one" pop up really gets your heart pumping. I hope ND never try to change anything about the mechanics and improve on things like matchmaking - which works fairly well regardless.

Not a single piece of DLC has surfaced and I'm already striving for that Season Pass. I had my doubts ND, and rightfully so. But you blew me away, so thank you. Don't give in to whiny kids complaining about balancing, you guys have nailed it.

Message 6 of 32 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jun 19, 2013
Love the MP the way it is, until a user comes out and finds a way to intentionally break it - until that time nothing major needs to be done.

New maps will be introduced with the DLC don't worry about that :smileywink:
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 7 of 32 (501 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 19, 2013
The only thing I don't like about the MP is the players that don't play the game properly. Whenever you have a team that plays together, even when losing, it's so much fun. Haven't been this addicted to a MP game since COD4. I would also like more elements like rain and running water in the maps. Naughty Dog is so good at building environmental elements. I'd love to play in them.
Message 8 of 32 (492 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jun 19, 2013
^ You and me both Young.

Best online MP I've had since COD4 and CS 1.6 days
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 9 of 32 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Jun 19, 2013
They only have to fix the host migration than the game is fine.
I hope they don't add new weapons (neither free nor via DLC) because as of right now the game is very balanced.
The more the weapons the more the game can become unbalanced.
Message 10 of 32 (484 Views)