Survivor
2127 posts

Re: Nerf Molotov Vote, Yes(3) or No(13)?

Aug 10, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

First off what does balancing molotovs have to do with shivs? I am failinng t

DiamondDM13 wrote:
What's next? Nerf Shiving? I understand that Molotov's are powerful... But I actually don't like Smoke + Shiv, and I don't go around asking to get it nerfed. It's part of the game, comes from the SP, just like Molotovs, so why shouldn't they be the same as the SP.
Something very good about this MP is that it really feels like the SP, so it's fine as it is.

o see the connection. As far as relating the MP portion of TLOU to the SP of this game, its like comparing apples and oranges. I again dont understand the reference you are trying to make.

Please stop just saying "Things are fine" and actually start giving legit reasons why you believe that so.

How about YOU convince the rest of us why the game should be altered because YOU don't like it.

The game I bought plays FINE for me. I don't see why I should or anyone here should give you a reason why the game should change because of the few that don't like it.

A molotov kills you waaaaaaaaaaaaaa cry me a river.

That very same molotov will kill me too. Pretty ****** good example why things are FINE.

Hey if you don't like them don't use them. I'll have no problem killing you with one.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 157 (274 Views)
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Aug 10, 2013

You want reasons why molotovs need re-balancing eh? How about these?

Molotovs, in their current form, need some adjustment. For starters, there are simply too many in this game. The MP practically throws health kits at you, you rarely ever have to craft them yourselves. So all those bottles of alcohol and rags you accumulate almost always go into the production of molotovs. While the game forces you to make trade offs with all the other crafting ingredients, there is no sense in making health kits over molotovs as things stand. 

If you start doing bad, the game goes a little crazy on the welfare system. Boxes will give you tons of stuff (way more then the winning team is getting) and even throw out pre-made molotovs. This is an issue and needs to be worked on.

Molotovs in conjunction with the Explosive Expert perks turns these already dangerous weapons into little incendiary bombs. With EE2 equipped, you can be more then a few feet off target and still manage to kill people in droves. This is an issue that needs addressing. 

In conclusion, molotovs aren't "fine". 

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 157 (268 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

Aug 10, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

You want reasons why molotovs need re-balancing eh? How about these?

Molotovs, in their current form, need some adjustment. For starters, there are simply too many in this game. The MP practically throws health kits at you, you rarely ever have to craft them yourselves. So all those bottles of alcohol and rags you accumulate almost always go into the production of molotovs. While the game forces you to make trade offs with all the other crafting ingredients, there is no sense in making health kits over molotovs as things stand. 

If you start doing bad, the game goes a little crazy on the welfare system. Boxes will give you tons of stuff (way more then the winning team is getting) and even throw out pre-made molotovs. This is an issue and needs to be worked on.

Molotovs in conjunction with the Explosive Expert perks turns these already dangerous weapons into little incendiary bombs. With EE2 equipped, you can be more then a few feet off target and still manage to kill people in droves. This is an issue that needs addressing. 

In conclusion, molotovs aren't "fine". 

I'm sorry but "YOUR" assement of to many doesn't work for me.

If there were less heath kits around the map, would it decrease players making Molotov, maybe.

Not for me, I'd still make them over a health kit simply because I, or a team mate is always using first aid 3.

Smart teams would quickly overcome the loss of heath kits on the map by having at least one person healing.

That very same person is now healing the entire team and accumulating a metric **** ton of points that very well could aid to a over abundance of ammo for any of the purchasable weapons.

ND loves a welfare system for losing teams, mainly because their matchmaking is and has been garbage for the last two titles. You can flat out tthank all those players on Uncharted2 that created 2nd accounts so they could be ranked with low level players and noob stomp the crap out of them making level based match making useless.

The welfare system gives the losing team a chance even if its only in their minds and keeps them playing. Do I like it , NO.

But I know dam well that those players are numbers and those numbers create the player pool.

A player pool that if gets diminished because they have no fun playing the game getting destroyed will leave this title.

Leaving this title with a smaller player pool will in turn stick you and I against players from regions that our connections aren't compatible with.

You think Molotov's are a problem, try playing this title against a party of four one or no bar connections.

I assure you that Molotov's will be the least of your worries.

EE2 is a booster,

You have the EXACT same choice to use it or not.

That booster does what it says it should do.

Nothing more nothing less, and I simply think that by its description that it is fine.

You want to stop seeing Molotov's, stop the enemy team from getting crates.

The dam spawns are predictable enough that you can easily know where the other team will be and what crates are there.

The game does NOT give you a Molotov if you don't get it from a crate.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 157 (259 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 10, 2013

I vote no nerfs.

I get killed by nail bats more than molotovs and don't see why people think they are a problem, I dont.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 157 (253 Views)
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Aug 10, 2013
I actually find the welfare system good. In No Party, have you never came upon a team of people that simply just run straight to the opposing team for 3 consecutive rounds? I have. Those cases, and you can do is hope to get a loot box filed with items because that's the only way you will ever have a slight chance at killing all 4 enemies...and a Flamethrower... That also helps.
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 157 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1143 posts

Aug 10, 2013

Benchmarked. Need to update the first post now that i'm free.

Usually I'd put my Loadout, but I feel this is more important. A friend of a friend ingame told me the burst rifle should be a purchasable. That's all you need to know.
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 157 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3477 posts

Aug 10, 2013

How can you nerf something that is wildly inconsistent? My experience with moltovs: Hit a guy in the chest with one, no down or kill. He hits me, no down or kill. I see a guy crouched behind cover and not moving. I arch the moltov to a perfect location, it busts and no damage dealt. How about this one... I'm behind cover and a guy is 10-15 ft in front of me. I aim and see a clear arch path to him. I throw it only to have it break 1 ft in front of me on the cover I'm hiding behind. I'm dead. He's alive. As if I aimed at the cover, but I aimed clearly over it. And then there's the getting killed through walls and around corners from moltove splash (I guess). I can't truly see how I die in these situations. The flames on the floor are a good 10 ft away andon the other side of an object. SO INCONSISTENT.

Nerf moltovs? Hell NO!

Buff moltovs? Too afraid of the implications.

Reduce the number of moltovs you get? What? You guys are consistently getting 3, 4, 5 of these things? No way. This too is inconsistent. I go 3+ matches without crafting a single moltov (and I will for go crafting a health kit just to save the supplies needed to get a moltov, to no avail). But then there are matches where I get 3 crafted in a game plus get a gifted one. While  my team complains of seeing none all game. INCONSISTENT!

Inconsistency on all levels of moltov is it's balance in my opinion. I think this is what ND intended. Leave it alone.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 157 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Re: Nerf Molotov Vote, Yes(24) or No(12)?

Aug 10, 2013
No.

Just because you got killed by it a couple times in one match, doesn't mean that it needs a nerf.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 157 (205 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Aug 10, 2013
NO!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 157 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3848 posts

Aug 10, 2013
Nerf their abundance. Say no to Molotov deathmatch!
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 157 (184 Views)
0 Likes