Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
459 posts

Re: Nerf Molotov Vote, Yes or No?

Aug 12, 2013
NO

Why? You think you would survive if you were hit with one? Besides you can avoid it if you see it coming
 photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 157 (139 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Aug 12, 2013
No, I prefer it the way it is.
Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 157 (137 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Re: Nerf Molotov Vote, Yes(12) or No(24)?

Aug 12, 2013

The MP of TLOU is suppost to be a tactical squad shooter. That just goes out the window when people get the ability to spam 1 hit instant kill weapons.

- Reduce the amount of free health kits on the map. If people are forced to craft them themselves, the crazy amount of molotovs one see's in any given round is sure to go down.

-Redo the welfare system. There is no reason a team who is barely loosing should get 10x the amount of crafting materials that the team who is up by 2 receives. Whats worse is when someone is doing just straight up terrible, the game will literally give them 10x the crafting materials as the winning team, as well as pre-made molotovs. This is a cheap gimmick to ensure "close games".

- Do not let molotovs be affected by the Explosive Expert (EE) Perk. This turns an already lethal weapon into a little incendiary bomb. With EE2 equiped, you can be more then a few feet off target and still kill tons of people. Reserve the EE perk for items that actually require explosives as an ingredient.

Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 157 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

Aug 12, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

The MP of TLOU is suppost to be a tactical squad shooter. That just goes out the window when people get the ability to spam 1 hit instant kill weapons.

- Reduce the amount of free health kits on the map. If people are forced to craft them themselves, the crazy amount of molotovs one see's in any given round is sure to go down.

-Redo the welfare system. There is no reason a team who is barely loosing should get 10x the amount of crafting materials that the team who is up by 2 receives. Whats worse is when someone is doing just straight up terrible, the game will literally give them 10x the crafting materials as the winning team, as well as pre-made molotovs. This is a cheap gimmick to ensure "close games".

- Do not let molotovs be affected by the Explosive Expert (EE) Perk. This turns an already lethal weapon into a little incendiary bomb. With EE2 equiped, you can be more then a few feet off target and still kill tons of people. Reserve the EE perk for items that actually require explosives as an ingredient.

Not from what I get from it.

This game to me is a post apocalyptic, use what you can, scavenging game.

Honestly I don't see how a the guns we have in it fit in.

Nail bombs, shiv bats, smoke bombs, machetes, home made armor, and yes molotovs that can be made by mixing house hold bottles, alcohol and rags fit just right into this game.

If you don't like molotovs don't use them.

I love them, I use them, use them as much as I can, and yes also die by them.

I don't see the problem.

Some times you get a lot of them some times you don't.

Stop trying to be so aggressive and rely on stealth more and you may see less of them.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 157 (124 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Aug 12, 2013

@death-

I don't like playing molotov dodgeball every other round. Thus the post to try and get ND to stop that from happening.

Your advice "If you don't like them, don't use them" is something I'd expect a small child to say. This reminds me of the time you told someone the best way to disarm a bomb is to let it down you. 

I don't know if you are trolling or what...

Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 157 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Aug 12, 2013

Just fix the **bleep** welfare system and the amount of supplies you get to craft molotovs. Molotovs themselves aren't OP but the mechanics to get them are flawed.

Saying "if you dont like molotovs, don't use em" doesnt approach the problem people are addressing with them. I've had plenty of games where i started off poorly and got right back into just because I opened up a supply box to find a molotov and the supplies to craft 2 more molotovs.  This shouldnt happen just because my team is suddenly losing by 1 life. If this is a post-apocalyptic game with scavenging, then each time my team gets a little down, suddenly fate should smile upon me and give me everything I need right? Wrong.

-Molotovs shouldnt be affected by EE2

-You can only gift one molotov per match. This applies to both crafter lvl 2 and 3. Make it so you can gift shivs or another item so that the person using crafter can still give their gift.

Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 157 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

@death-

I don't like playing molotov dodgeball every other round. Thus the post to try and get ND to stop that from happening.

Your advice "If you don't like them, don't use them" is something I'd expect a small child to say. This reminds me of the time you told someone the best way to disarm a bomb is to let it down you. 

I don't know if you are trolling or what...

You bet your *** I said let it down you.

That person was crying like a baby telling ND to nerf being able to set bombs on corners, REALLY!

He claimed there was NO WAY to get to the camping player upstairs because of bombs.

Well what then, quit game? How about quit being a dumb *** and get a team mate to be at the bottom of the stairs and you can trip the bomb and let your team mate, revive 100pts, then heal 100pts, then go deal with the guy camping together.

I'd say it again.

Coming to the forum to claim ND need to nerf being able to place nail bombs in strategic areas is asinine.

Saying there was no way to get a person camping with nail bombs on the top of the library on bills down shows that the person cant think his way out of a simple solution.

That same person said he wouldn't waste his own bomb to trip the enemies bomb.

For christ sakes I see entire teams repeatly downing each other at the end of the match just to get ppm up.

Yeah, your right one bomb on the stairs I'll sign out.

I'll have to remember that if I ever see you in a match as well. Put bomb on stairs, cdub see's it, cdub leaves.

As for molotov dodge ball, I rarely see it. Very rarely.

I either get into matches where my team decimates the other team so bad that they cant even get to the crates or its a close game where the welfare system never kicks in.

If your seeing molotov dodge ball then your doing some thing wrong.

If your one of those players that play with a team that all they do is rush players with shiv bats and brawler than the molotovs are doing there job.

You have a problem with molotovs, and that person has a problem with nail bombs, the link is there.

That link is the perpetual complaining about any thing and everything in the game that kills you.

Some times a smarter player in that situation killed you, maybe it was your turn to die.

He had the molotov at the right time, you didn't. YOU FLAT OUT do not know what it going on behind the scenes.

You don't know if he had explosive expert level anything on, you dont know if the entire team was crafting, you don't know if he or the other team saved all their ingredients for making molotovs.

Maybe the other team, oh know cant believe it, WERE WORKING AS A TEAM.

It happens. I don't see the point of coming here and telling the developers how to do "their" job.

When you make a video game franchise that sells millions of copies then maybe you can do it "your" way.

I like this title the way it is balance wise, I'm not going to come here and cry about every freaking death by any weapon on this game.

I have my personal hates towards deaths I get in this game but know all to well that the other player has the same oppertunity to choose to play that way as I do and vise versa.

You wont see me here complaing about nerfs, because I also can choose to play the same very way.

Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 157 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

Aug 12, 2013

Here's a rather radical idea,

Why don't we just let the ones who created this title do what they do and we play the game.

This very same B.S threads where in the forum for U3 and turned the game to ****.

Even though everyone thought their idea would bring balance, NERF NERF NERF, to the point where even power weapons like the mag 5 was in question for nerfing.

Yeah, U3 vets will remember the Mag5 threads of all the power weapons.

Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 157 (103 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Aug 12, 2013

I hate to break it to you but, this game isn't Uncharted. Please stop making asinine points to try and prove your side of the argument. Using ad hominems as a way to sway popular opinion is a fools business - something akin to Fox News, which from reading your posts I wouldn't be surprised if you were a loyal follower of.

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Here's a rather radical idea,

Why don't we just let the ones who created this title do what they do and we play the game.

This very same B.S threads where in the forum for U3 and turned the game to ****.

Even though everyone thought their idea would bring balance, NERF NERF NERF, to the point where even power weapons like the mag 5 was in question for nerfing.

Yeah, U3 vets will remember the Mag5 threads of all the power weapons.

Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 157 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3855 posts

Aug 12, 2013

CharlesButtlicks wrote:
No, I prefer it the way it is.

At least go to the effort of creating fake IDs if you want to repeatedly vote :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 157 (84 Views)
0 Likes