Keyblade Wielder
7264 posts

Re: Nerf Molotov Vote, Yes(12) or No(24)?

Aug 13, 2013

^

nobody says that

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 121 of 156 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2013

SwisherSweetx wrote:

Lol death you gotta be the biggest drama queen on these forums. And people say scoots a bad guy...

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

cdub420-- wrote:

I like how you don't even bother to debate any of my points either. You just go on a raging tangent about how "all nerfs are bad" and "that the game is fine because I say so". Well played sir.. 

No point in agueing with you, been there done that.

You will NOT change my mind, and I seriously doubt you will change yours, not worth wasting time.

@ swisher,

Sorry to you feel that way, that's your opinion and your welcome to it.

I still harbor resentment towards these forums and to this developer for changes to both the last two titles that were released.

Those feeling show through, you can take it as maybe I need a snickers, or that maybe I see the same trend going on here and don't want to see it happen again.

I saw a unneeded health change to what I believed to be a perfect game in U2, I saw guns get nerfed into the ground on U3 when  smart individuals had good ideas on balancing those weapons get eclipsed by all the burn it with fire threads from people that flat out hated other players play styles and wanted their gun to be the only way.

ND listened, and ND burned those weapons.

@ cdub

I will give you my reasons for not nerfing the Molotov's or explosive expert.

I dont believe the Molotov's or explosive expert is to blame directly.

ND games have always been inconsistent and those inconsistencies are almost IMO to blame for most of the issues with their games.

Explosive expert does not give you Molotov's nor from my experience made the components that make them more available.

It doesn't guarantee that I'll get more of them, it only makes them easier to hit people with.

This game is wildly inconsistent in its distribution of components for Molotov's.

I've been on both the winning and losing team where the crates hand you components to make Molotov's left and right.

I have no understanding whats so ever on why it does this.

I have had matches where I'm loosing from the start and nobody on my team is getting Molotov's or literally anything from the crates to make it an even match, this happening where the welfare system from my point of view never kicks in.

I've had matches where I have worn explosive expert level two and pretty much wasted a booster because I'm really not getting anything from the crates, like wise not worn it and thought wow should have used it.

I have never agreed with a welfare system in any online games and was a avid poster about them in Uncharted 3's power plays.

Nd flat out said that they aren't going to take them away. They took this route for reasons unknown to the community and like it or not I guess they are here to stay.

I really don't agree with nerfing Molotov's or explosive expert in pretty much any way.

Now the inconsistency of there availability is another story, If that makes sense.

Balancing them in terms of making everyone have an equal chance of making them I'd be all for.

Entire matches I have played make no sense when it comes to the consistency of what lies in the crates.

I know crating a shiv bat is very consistent, but Molotov's even nail bombs?

For what ever reason this game gives me Molotov's when I'm on a team that completely out ranks the other team, and like wise will yield nothing from crates when I'm on a team where my team mates just literally picked this game up.

Nerfing explosive expert in my eyes will just make the booster useless for those matches where you get one Molotov and have no rhyme or reason for it. This why you don't see me having explosive expert level two equipped.

Most of the time I feeling I'm wasting load out points that otherwise could be used for reviving team mates or giving me the ability to spot longer, or even making my aim more steady. But, hey if people want to waste load out points for the "chance" of getting more kills with bombs go for it.

Nerfing the overall quantity of Molotov's may make them more rare, or from what I'm seeing now one team may not get a single one, and the other team may get two or three total. This never fixing the fact that getting them is not consistent.

Not very long ago I had brought  up an inconsistency in the accuracy of the the long guns on U2 where for no reason the game would give some one God bullet patterns more accurate than the release version of U2's down the irons.

I was actually told on the forums that I was full of **** and was making things up.

About two months ago I took a friend of mine from the forums (not the one that called me out about it) into the stage map to show him this. This player, Neverbelow has probably two to three times the experience on U2 than I do and a much better player and he was flat out shocked that this was even in the game, never noticing it and wondered how many people knew how to replicate it and use it. Using this does not work with DTI and with wearing rapid hands makes a player a monster.

I can replicate it for myself, but I also have friends that their bullet pattern is permanently doing this with out having to glitch it into happening.

Inconsistencies were present even back in that title.

Unless this current availability system is fixed I see no point in touching either of the above mentioned because I don't see them as being broken in themselves.  Although I did not agree with, hell at least in Uncharted 3 the power plays where consistent, and you could set your watch by them.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 122 of 156 (186 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Aug 13, 2013

If altering Explosion Expert means a yes, then yes. Don't nerf the base molotv though.

Message 123 of 156 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Aug 13, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

If altering Explosion Expert means a yes, then yes. Don't nerf the base molotv though.

That's a yes.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 124 of 156 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
762 posts

Aug 13, 2013
No.
Message 125 of 156 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Aug 14, 2013

@sam online

With your sig, I'm really surpised that your connection was ranked a B+.

I know people with less that still rank an A

Did you do your test from wireless?

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 126 of 156 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Re: Nerf Molotov Vote, Yes or No?

Aug 14, 2013

no

Message 127 of 156 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Aug 14, 2013

No! Just make it harder to craft!

Message 128 of 156 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Aug 14, 2013

It already feels terribly wrong. If you overshot a grenade and miss the person running at you how does it make sense that you blow yourself up and the guy dashing at you who was between you and the grenade is unharmed?

Message 129 of 156 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Aug 15, 2013
How can you reduce the number/frequency of something so random? Has anyone ever done a personal and/or team chart of obtained moltovs? How many players had crafter 2/3 on? So many questions. Is perception reality? I'd like to see a stat saying I get too many moltovs. I know I don't. I get no moltovs for several matches. Then I get 7 in 2 games. Random. Leave it alone.
Message 130 of 156 (161 Views)