Jul 13 2013
By: Aureilia Welcoming Committee 14379 posts

Nerf the bad player welfare system.

86 replies 899 views Edited Jul 13, 2013

Yes I said nerf.

I've done badly a few times and I suddenly get nail bombs, molotovs and loads of junk which grants me easy free kills.

As I also have my time on the winning side, getting killed like this is an annoyance.

This is equal to Uncharted 3's Double Damage powerplay. it gives an instakill arsenal to the bad players.

Get better. You are not helping the bad players to improve if you are giving them kills.

This should be the main thing that's nerfed.

Message 1 of 87 (899 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

Even with this stuff the too easy matches happen a lot. I don't think the comeback mechanics are OP. And this is coming from a Crafter.

Message 2 of 87 (882 Views)
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

Even with this stuff the too easy matches happen a lot. I don't think the comeback mechanics are OP. And this is coming from a Crafter.

I didn't say they were overpowered.

However much like some stuff in Uncharted 3. this kind of attitude that people suck and need help in a sense that kills have to be force fed to them is not going to improve the players.

It's only going to decrease how quickly they learn how to play the game.

If you are getting whipped. you don't deserve a comeback unless you earn it without having it given to you.

Message 3 of 87 (869 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4752 posts

Jul 13, 2013
Extra supplies if youre being whupped is fine. Its nowhere near as ridiculous as PPS in U3. As the dude above said, any issues arising from it are crafter related.
Message 4 of 87 (858 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

monkeybutler100 wrote:
Extra supplies if youre being whupped is fine. Its nowhere near as ridiculous as PPS in U3. As the dude above said, any issues arising from it are crafter related.

I had 3 molos... That isn't fine. I got 6 kills in a row with them and won the match.

A match I'm quite aware we didn't ever deserve to win.

I also don't use crafter unless I'm on a mission and at that time I wasn't.

But the whole point is....

It wont make people better. it'll make games tighter which shouldn't be tighter. If you want to win you get better at the game, you don't wait for the game to give you things fed to you on a silver spoon.

Message 5 of 87 (849 Views)
Sackboy
434 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Everytime in Survivors when my team has won the first 2 rounds every box I go to gives me one item and I am sure the other team is getting molotovs and such, it shouldn't happen.  If you are the last person however I think its fine when the box gives you stuff.  These are reasons why I just can't take ND mp games serious.

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 6 of 87 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jul 13, 2013

I agree even my team and i are doing badly i still have over than 4500 parts theres some moments i wich if i was with losing team cause they get a lot of supplies , once i bought assault rifle and i had no ammo i went to the supply box and ouups i got 20 ammo free and molotov and parts . So since then i dont care if i win or i lose i prefer now the losing side to be honest cause when you are winning the boxes dont give u much sometimes even empty

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/leviosacho/media/6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg.html
Message 7 of 87 (832 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jul 13, 2013
I agree.
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 8 of 87 (832 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Jul 13, 2013

1vs4 is understandable for the welfare system to kick in, but at 4vs4 in a matter of a few points is just silly.

With the limit also only being 20 the welfare system has the power to decide the match outcomes quite frequently.

Especially when two decent teams go at it. The one match I should have lost.. We had so many molos that they just had no hope of finishing the win they earned.

Message 9 of 87 (825 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

I don't agree.

This game is not Uncharted. Power Plays were bad in Uncharted because they gave extreme advantages to the losing team. Uncharted was a more skill based game, so it's understandable that PPs do reward the losing team advantages that can possibly win them the game even without skill which is unfair sometimes.

But in TLOU, there is not as much emphasis on skill as it is on teamwork. Also, when you're on the losing team but not losing by much (15-10), the boxes will not give you as much items as it would when you're the last man standing, so it's fair. It might give you a Molotov if you're lucky in the losing team, but as I'm aware that's random. Sometimes, I get a Machete, but the next box won't give me more such items.

There is no need for a nerf to that at all. It's nowhere near as annoying as Double Damage used to be, as it is just giving the losing team a "chance" to kill a few people as it really is frustrating if you're facing 4 extremly coordinated players camping for example.

It's fine. When is the next nerf thread coming?

Message 10 of 87 (806 Views)