Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/24/2011
Offline
4263 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013
I somewhat agree, but only when it comes to the score difference between teams and purchasable weapons as well. I think it should be tweaked a bit.

Today, I won at least two matches because of the welfare system. I have a shotgun in mid-game, and I'm the poorest player (4th place) in the leading team with few points ahead. Guess what I'm getting from the supply box? I get five bucks for the shotgun, and 1 nail bomb sometime. I shouldn't be getting these since my team was winning. During the sudden death, I killed the last two enemies by risking confronting them and spamming a shotgun. I won these games simply because of the welfare system.

I suppose a causal player would be satisfied by having a fighting chance against good players, but he still has to fight strategically, not in Rambo-style, and will learn to improve because the winning team still aren't in disadvantage unlike in Double Damage power play.

I believe the purchasable weapon ammo and the amount of molotovs should be toned down.
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 11 of 87 (249 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/14/2011
Offline
631 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013
Yes, i Agree!!!!
I am somehow scared when the last team have zero respawn because i know that if i accidentaly run into some of them, there's a high probability that i wil die to molotovs.
Message 12 of 87 (239 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13452 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

I don't agree.

 

This game is not Uncharted. Power Plays were bad in Uncharted because they gave extreme advantages to the losing team. Uncharted was a more skill based game, so it's understandable that PPs do reward the losing team advantages that can possibly win them the game even without skill which is unfair sometimes.

 

But in TLOU, there is not as much emphasis on skill as it is on teamwork. Also, when you're on the losing team but not losing by much (15-10), the boxes will not give you as much items as it would when you're the last man standing, so it's fair. It might give you a Molotov if you're lucky in the losing team, but as I'm aware that's random. Sometimes, I get a Machete, but the next box won't give me more such items.

 

There is no need for a nerf to that at all. It's nowhere near as annoying as Double Damage used to be, as it is just giving the losing team a "chance" to kill a few people as it really is frustrating if you're facing 4 extremly coordinated players camping for example.

 

It's fine. When is the next nerf thread coming?


Soon when I ask the mods to nerf your posting privileges.

 

Giving the losing team a chance? what 11 Molotovs between us? Winning the game with what they gave us? That is a bit more than giving a chance, it's giving a win. There is no way the system gave us a chance, it gave us a win. all we had to do was a relatively simple camp and wait and launch the molos.

 

But forget that for a second...

 

How on earth.. Is it ever fair to give people advantages? Advocating the ability to have things given to you is why gamers of today suffer on improving at video games.

 

If you suck, you deserve to repeatedly get shot down until you improve. No one is going to improve while they are being gifted things without learning.

 

 



Message 13 of 87 (234 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/15/2011
Offline
124 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

I actually like the assistance.  two trend lines are diverging, and the mechanic helps keep them close in line.  i hate winning survivors 4-0 b/c it's hard to get enough parts between the 4 of us.  

 

Besides, if you are stomping another team, you will never get any better if the game mechanics dont do something to increase the challenge.    In fact you will regress, b/c you will get used to have more gear, more armor, more whatever, and if the other team gets the exact same supplies, you'll just keep steamrolling.  Then you go up against a team that actually has some sklll or works together, and you'll be: "what?  why not this team just die like usual???  a-dduuuuhhhh...."

Message 14 of 87 (228 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13452 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

thesuzukimethod wrote:

I actually like the assistance.  two trend lines are diverging, and the mechanic helps keep them close in line.  i hate winning survivors 4-0 b/c it's hard to get enough parts between the 4 of us.  

 

Besides, if you are stomping another team, you will never get any better if the game mechanics dont do something to increase the challenge.    In fact you will regress, b/c you will get used to have more gear, more armor, more whatever, and if the other team gets the exact same supplies, you'll just keep steamrolling.  Then you go up against a team that actually has some sklll or works together, and you'll be: "what?  why not this team just die like usual???  a-dduuuuhhhh...."


That is a pretty bad argument because if people were improving the game would be in a state of evolution rather than it's current state of devolution.



Message 15 of 87 (224 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/24/2013
Offline
866 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

 

Lol the welfare system actually gives teams who are getting stomped a fighting chance. They still usually loose but, at least they can make a final stand and save face.

Message 16 of 87 (221 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/15/2011
Offline
124 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

thesuzukimethod wrote:

I actually like the assistance.  two trend lines are diverging, and the mechanic helps keep them close in line.  i hate winning survivors 4-0 b/c it's hard to get enough parts between the 4 of us.  

 

Besides, if you are stomping another team, you will never get any better if the game mechanics dont do something to increase the challenge.    In fact you will regress, b/c you will get used to have more gear, more armor, more whatever, and if the other team gets the exact same supplies, you'll just keep steamrolling.  Then you go up against a team that actually has some sklll or works together, and you'll be: "what?  why not this team just die like usual???  a-dduuuuhhhh...."


That is a pretty bad argument because if people were improving the game would be in a state of evolution rather than it's current state of devolution.


My argument is good, backed up by fact.  I love playing teams that are used to stomping and aren't ready for a coordinated assault.  If we are gettings stomped, I like the help, if we are stomping, i like the additional challenge of facing higher powered oppnents.  

 

your argument is bad, as it presents opinion as fact.  Please cite data when making broad claims about the "state of the game"  kthx!

Message 17 of 87 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/08/2010
Online
16262 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Yes I said nerf.

 

I've done badly a few times and I suddenly get nail bombs, molotovs and loads of junk which grants me easy free kills.

This should be the main thing that's nerfed.


No.

 

Look, now that people can quit out of a game simply, and suffer no consequence, they're beginning to do it in droves.  If they have some form of welfare that keeps some in games, I'm all for it.

 

The system is fine.  And I don't suspect it turns a game around much, in the same way Power Plays in Uncharted rarely turned a win into a loss.  One match you won on the backs of extra supplies is not emblematic of the system as a whole.

 

(If ND would provide numbers...)

 

Please, no nerfing anything.

 

true.png




The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.


Message 18 of 87 (211 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13452 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

thesuzukimethod wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

thesuzukimethod wrote:

I actually like the assistance.  two trend lines are diverging, and the mechanic helps keep them close in line.  i hate winning survivors 4-0 b/c it's hard to get enough parts between the 4 of us.  

 

Besides, if you are stomping another team, you will never get any better if the game mechanics dont do something to increase the challenge.    In fact you will regress, b/c you will get used to have more gear, more armor, more whatever, and if the other team gets the exact same supplies, you'll just keep steamrolling.  Then you go up against a team that actually has some sklll or works together, and you'll be: "what?  why not this team just die like usual???  a-dduuuuhhhh...."


That is a pretty bad argument because if people were improving the game would be in a state of evolution rather than it's current state of devolution.


My argument is good, backed up by fact.  I love playing teams that are used to stomping and aren't ready for a coordinated assault.  If we are gettings stomped, I like the help, if we are stomping, i like the additional challenge of facing higher powered oppnents.  

 

your argument is bad, as it presents opinion as fact.  Please cite data when making broad claims about the "state of the game"  kthx!


Where are your facts? You are just typing

 

As am I actually. but whatever you are saying certainly isn't factual.

 

So I could throw whatever you just said, in pretty bad english in textspeak back right at you.

 

Let me take a guess here though.

 

I'm getting backlash from a group of people who wouldn't know what it looks like to be winning a game. Makes sense as these are the exact kind of people I expect to support being given kills for being bad players.



Message 19 of 87 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 04/02/2012
Online
1984 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

I somewhat agree, but keep the 100 parts in just to help the losing team buy more ammo. As I've recently finished my Firefly journey and started my Hunter journey, I've been getting molotovs from boxes despite being the top player in the match. I'm not sure if that's intentional however.


Message 20 of 87 (200 Views)
Reply
0 Likes