Splicer
88 posts

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 17, 2013

I also agree that the rewards for losing are too much.

Last night I was playing survivor with randoms and every one on my team was downed excepted for me. I managed to get away briefly from the battle to craft a med pack. Then i headed for a item box. I received 2 nail bombs and a molotov plus 100 parts in the box. Then I snuck around to a second box and received another 2 molotovs a 2x4 and supplies to upgrade it to the one hit kill scissor bat.

I managed to take out all four of the other team and win the round using these helpful pickups.

Dont get me wrong i was pumped I managed to take out a whole group solo but we didnt deserve to win that round and the only reason we did was because of my pick up items late in the game.

It was a great laugh on the mic though talking to randoms about how the hell I just pulled that off.

Message 51 of 87 (825 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Nov 25, 2013

Something needs to be done about this BS.

Message 52 of 87 (773 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2013

The problem is that if you dont die often you get hardly items (supply raid). Especially If you play against a equal team that has 4 members that all have a ratio for example of 4:3 they will still get items to craft molotovs, while you have to run to 4 boxes to craft one item and risk your life they can even camp and have the same amount of items. So this system is very unbalanced.

Good Kill ratio = no items (even if your team loses the match, players with a good kill ratio are still punished, so it is more a punishment system for good players). At least on supply raid, not sure about survivors maybe there it counts if you lost the round to get the welfare, also it is not very likely that a player with a very high kill ratio is on the losing team.

Average Kill ratio = still items to craft

Bad Kill ratio = free items and lots of supplys (does not really help the team if the player is bad)

sorry if my English is not good, I am no native speaker, +the auto.correction doesn't work in this forum o0
Message 53 of 87 (762 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Nov 25, 2013

One tip: If you are on the winning side, just don't let the enemy team get to the boxes. At least not a lot of them.

I also hate if I am playing well but am on the loosing team. so it is like 6:12 but I can't even craft a smoke bomb after 3 boxes. Especially annoying as I run crafter and I could really support my mates.

I don't know how to do the system better though... It's delicate

Art by Janice Chu
Message 54 of 87 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2013

@foofighter2634 

'I don't know how to do the system better though... It's delicate'

for one, drop or reduce materials differences, leave free parts

Message 55 of 87 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Nov 30, 2013

The system is kinda strange it prefers special builds it seems. So if your team looses really bad and you died a few times you will get a lot, a military sniper will get free ammo, i got 15 free ammo shells in one match that are about 1500 parts + free bombs. So a military sniper user gets way more from the system if the team looses, maybe its the same for other purchasables. Dont know if this is the usual output since it was the only game where my team was so bad and i had the necessary death rate, dont know how many deaths you need to get the free items but with 1 or 2 deaths you wont get them i think.

Was a hell of a endgame for the other team since due to the wellfare system i had 3 smoke bombs 3 nail bombs 3 molotovs machete and a lot of sniper ammo, constantly crafting gifts too ^^.

sorry if my English is not good, I am no native speaker, +the auto.correction doesn't work in this forum o0
Message 56 of 87 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 30, 2013

I’m just NOT seeing, either in my own experience or in the examples that are posted in the many anti-handicap threads, that the system is a significant factor in match after match (ie. the majority).  Instead, I’m seeing what I would consider occasional or fringe examples.  In such cases, if the handicap system is making a difference, then I agree…it’s unfair to you

<sarcasm> As a service to all those lesser skilled players (for their own good), let’s nerf the handicap system (or better yet abolish it) so only the highly skilled can compete.  We all know that the only way to learn is to first be killed countless times until your frustration miraculously morphs into the patience and determination required to be killed some more.  Your dogged perseverance will be rewarded by the appearance of some other hapless cannon fodder (who, continue to join in droves for some unexplained reason…like a twisted Ponzi scheme) and lo, you yourself will start to gain kills and reap some of the rewards of experience.  In the fullness of time, though battered and scarred, you will emerge into the rarified heights among the other veterans and the cycle will continue with you now among the “death dealers” who enjoy a limitless supply of victims.  Some may leave (good riddance to them, for they are weak) but many more will come because “true warriors” are legion.</sarcasm>

For the record and so as there’s no confusion, I support a fair handicap system…recognizing (and accepting) that even the best implemented system is going to have occasional instances that are unfair.  For the greater good, this is a situation that I am more than willing to live with and in my experience, the current handicap is pretty darn close.

Message 57 of 87 (552 Views)
Wastelander
708 posts

Nov 30, 2013
I rarely lose because of the welfare system. It actually provides a challenge to me when there are noobs. You all cry about everything
Message 58 of 87 (505 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 30, 2013
I disagree with this thread completely, and here's why:

It isn't force-feeding kills by any means, whether we'd like to admit it or not, hitting someone with a Molotov takes some degree of skill.
This also goes for Bombs and Smokes.
By taking away a newbie's only power source for an entire game, how is he/she getting any more skill than usual? They aren't.
I'm not that great of a player, but my friends and I have nailed perfect games, even since this update.
This welfare system is completely balanced as it is, and if it were removed, we'd be seeing more and more new players who have potential leave the MP, that's not what we want.

Sure do hate seeing Last Man Standing boxes give me Machetes though, screw that weak excuse for a melee weapon. Smiley Tongue
Message 59 of 87 (499 Views)
Naughty Paw
11595 posts

Nov 30, 2013
^The problem isn't with the "newbies". It's when two equally matched teams face off against each other and one team has a string of bad luck.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 60 of 87 (497 Views)