Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14267 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

I somewhat agree, but keep the 100 parts in just to help the losing team buy more ammo. As I've recently finished my Firefly journey and started my Hunter journey, I've been getting molotovs from boxes despite being the top player in the match. I'm not sure if that's intentional however.


That isn't a problem. at least they'd still have to somewhat earn the kills. Molo throwing isn't earning crap. easiest thing to use in the game aside from the bomb which you just.. lay down.

 

Hell the welfare system isn't even a problem if your playing against bad players, against good players though who have just got a rough start? It changes matches.

 

The nerf to the welfare system could simply be less molotov parts. The amount of those they give are terrifying. At least with the nail bomb you have a chance to live after it and the advantage while still advantagious isn't going to kill you if your smart enough.



Message 21 of 87 (397 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Offline
4912 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

Aureilia wrote:
Soon when I ask the mods to nerf your posting privileges.

 LOL. You wish.

 

Giving the losing team a chance? what 11 Molotovs between us? Winning the game with what they gave us? That is a bit more than giving a chance, it's giving a win. There is no way the system gave us a chance, it gave us a win. all we had to do was a relatively simple camp and wait and launch the molos.

 

11 Molotovs? Seriously? If you want to atleast make a valid enough point for the ND team to even consider, atleast make it look legit. 11 Molotovs? Even a kid won't buy into that. I've played for 41 weeks now, and the MOST I've been able to get from a supply box is 1-2. MAX. And that's when I was the last one standing. Plus, a losing team can never win if faced against a good team. Even if they had 4 Molotovs, that's what? 4 kills? That's hardly a WIN. It's a CHANCE. A good team will win regardless of what the opposition has. The game rewards teamwork, NOT skill.

 

But forget that for a second...

 

How on earth.. Is it ever fair to give people advantages? Advocating the ability to have things given to you is why gamers of today suffer on improving at video games.

 

Again, in a game that rewards skill, this point stands. however, this game rewards teamwork, so even if the opposition has the most skilled player out there, without a good team, it's really difficult to win. Even witth Molotovs. Why not give those poor noobs a Molotov or a few ammo? They've been crushed by a good team, let them get a good kill or two. That helps keep the battlefield more even as 15-0 matches are extremely boring to the winning team too.

 

If you suck, you deserve to repeatedly get shot down until you improve. No one is going to improve while they are being gifted things without learning.

 

Again, you won't improve because there's not as much "skill" in this game as "teamwork".What do they learn? How to aim? Or how to throw a Molotov? Smiley Very Happy

 

 


 




Message 22 of 87 (389 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14267 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
Soon when I ask the mods to nerf your posting privileges.

 LOL. You wish.

 

Giving the losing team a chance? what 11 Molotovs between us? Winning the game with what they gave us? That is a bit more than giving a chance, it's giving a win. There is no way the system gave us a chance, it gave us a win. all we had to do was a relatively simple camp and wait and launch the molos.

 

11 Molotovs? Seriously? If you want to atleast make a valid enough point for the ND team to even consider, atleast make it look legit. 11 Molotovs? Even a kid won't buy into that. I've played for 41 weeks now, and the MOST I've been able to get from a supply box is 1-2. MAX. And that's when I was the last one standing. Plus, a losing team can never win if faced against a good team. Even if they had 4 Molotovs, that's what? 4 kills? That's hardly a WIN. It's a CHANCE. A good team will win regardless of what the opposition has. The game rewards teamwork, NOT skill.

 

But forget that for a second...

 

How on earth.. Is it ever fair to give people advantages? Advocating the ability to have things given to you is why gamers of today suffer on improving at video games.

 

Again, in a game that rewards skill, this point stands. however, this game rewards teamwork, so even if the opposition has the most skilled player out there, without a good team, it's really difficult to win. Even witth Molotovs. Why not give those poor noobs a Molotov or a few ammo? They've been crushed by a good team, let them get a good kill or two. That helps keep the battlefield more even as 15-0 matches are extremely boring to the winning team too.

 

If you suck, you deserve to repeatedly get shot down until you improve. No one is going to improve while they are being gifted things without learning.

 

Again, you won't improve because there's not as much "skill" in this game as "teamwork".What do they learn? How to aim? Or how to throw a Molotov? Smiley Very Happy

 

 


 


You do improve. You learn how to co-ordinate as a team, the more you see people do it the more you notice how beneficial it is to do that.

 

4 molos isn't 4 kills either against a team that stays together, it's 4 for one molotov and then one each after that. That is after getting hit by it alerts them to the danger.

 

Teamwork is a skill. It's just not a personal skill.

 

Why should n00bs get anything for free?

 

and the top part was actually a joke. seems it didn't come across.



Message 23 of 87 (381 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

Its not that strong, I have been losing plenty of times and it usually gives me a fair amount of supplies, sometimes enough to make a bomb and a molotov. It has never given my team enough to make loads and loads of bombs and molotovs like you say they do.

 

Also this welfare system is not as bad as Uncharted's power plays. In TLOU that player still has to use that bomb correctly and at the right time, otherwise you have nothing and the enemy team walks all over you. If anything the winning team should not get as little supplies as they do, its not fair to get 1 piece of tape from a supply box when your team is in the lead.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 24 of 87 (377 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14267 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Its not that strong, I have been losing plenty of times and it usually gives me a fair amount of supplies, sometimes enough to make a bomb and a molotov. It has never given my team enough to make loads and loads of bombs and molotovs like you say they do.

 

Also this welfare system is not as bad as Uncharted's power plays. In TLOU that player still has to use that bomb correctly and at the right time, otherwise you have nothing and the enemy team walks all over you. If anything the winning team should not get as little supplies as they do, its not fair to get 1 piece of tape from a supply box when your team is in the lead.


I was actually on the receiving end of the free win gifting.. It does happen, I don't know how rare it is because I don't end up losing often. But from my one experience being behind it was pretty strong in our favor.

 

I'd be willing to accept that the winning team also gets some sort of supplies. That wouldn't make it seem that bad.



Message 25 of 87 (373 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Its not that strong, I have been losing plenty of times and it usually gives me a fair amount of supplies, sometimes enough to make a bomb and a molotov. It has never given my team enough to make loads and loads of bombs and molotovs like you say they do.

 

Also this welfare system is not as bad as Uncharted's power plays. In TLOU that player still has to use that bomb correctly and at the right time, otherwise you have nothing and the enemy team walks all over you. If anything the winning team should not get as little supplies as they do, its not fair to get 1 piece of tape from a supply box when your team is in the lead.


I was actually on the receiving end of the free win gifting.. It does happen, I don't know how rare it is because I don't end up losing often. But from my one experience being behind it was pretty strong in our favor.

 

I'd be willing to accept that the winning team also gets some sort of supplies. That wouldn't make it seem that bad.


I would much rather have the winning team earn a little bit more supplies, if the losing team is in fact losing then they are losing for a reason. Usually due to lack of team work or player skill. It would seem alright to give them a few extra supplies not to mention, the winning team probably has access to armor.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 26 of 87 (369 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/11/2010
Offline
434 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

Online games are a joke now.  Companies will help sucky people just to keep them playing their game so the company can make more money through dlc and such.  If I was loosing I'd see what the winning team was doing to win, but ND logic is give the sucky players crutches to keep them in the game. 

 photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 27 of 87 (367 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
4129 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013
I agree with you Aureilia. Its too much sometimes. I don't mind a little extra being in the box, but giving whole bombs and moltovs is ridiculous. I've lost a few matches lately and won a few too because of this. Sudden death 4 lives left and they all got 3-4 explosives in their back pack Its too much.
Message 28 of 87 (355 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
4129 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013
Its the same thinking behind allowing laggers to flourish at times, despite making the wrong decisions all the time. Include everyone.
Message 29 of 87 (353 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
520 posts
 

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

You gotta consider that the Store is the opposite of a comeback mechanic. It's an anti-comeback mechanic. If we didn't have a comeback mechanic to balance that, the matches would become boring, with an early lead pretty much sealing the deal.

 

If people ever start loosing the match on purpose, so that they can get the extra stuff and win; I'll cry nerf with you Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 87 (338 Views)
Reply
0 Likes