Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 13, 2013

I do understand that it may end up giving more deal sealers from early leads.

But c'mon, in things that are taken seriously you don't have comeback mechanics.

If only the 49ers claimed a comeback mechanic needed to be in place against the ravens i'd have quite a bit of money right now Smiley Indifferent

Message 31 of 87 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7087 posts

Jul 14, 2013

I actually agree. I'm all for the welfare system kicking in on sudden death as in they are out of lives and have <4 guys left. But when the score is like 18-15 and they are already getting bombs, molotovs, purchaseable ammo, along with a good sum of supplies that is ridiculous. While the winning team gets like a single piece of tape and has to go to all 4 caches to maybe make 1-2 items.

There have been many games where near the end I have absolutely 0 crafted items simply because we are winning by like 3 kills, where on the other end of the spectrum I have an entire army in my backpack because I got like 2 more deaths than executions and low points. There have been many games where I've been in, where the losing team made a comeback solely because they bombarded the winners with a buncha stuff at once all equipped with machetes, I've been on both ends as well...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 32 of 87 (219 Views)
Limit Breaker
17632 posts

Jul 14, 2013

a

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 33 of 87 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7042 posts

Jul 14, 2013

I'm ok with it to a point. The problem when you're losing on certain maps, is that you can't get to any boxes, meanwhile the enemy team has control of the map and can freely go to any box they want. This means they essentially control the item flow and if not for the increased items you get you'd never get enough to craft anything and your losing would snowball.

Essentially: Box welfare counters the box monopoly a winning team has.

It shouldn't happen early into a match though, as some people suggest it does, and I don't rememer it ever happening early in a match either. You don't get bombs, molotovs, and purchaseable ammo unless you are losing after halfway through the match. On top of that if you're winning you should be able to afford armor, have your guns upgraded more than your opponents, and have gotten to a lot more boxes in the first place. It's much more balanced than a power play that just automatically handicaps you if you're winning.

Message 34 of 87 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7042 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I do understand that it may end up giving more deal sealers from early leads.

But c'mon, in things that are taken seriously you don't have comeback mechanics.

If only the 49ers claimed a comeback mechanic needed to be in place against the ravens i'd have quite a bit of money right now Smiley Indifferent

Double or nothing Smiley Wink

Also fighting games are taken very seriously, and yet your meter used for specials also fills up when you take damage.

But as someone else pointed out, do these other things taken seriously have upgrades? (very much akin to kickbacks/killstreaks)

Message 35 of 87 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jul 14, 2013
I think it's fine how it is BUT the boxes shouldn't give you a full Molotov/Bomb.
Message 36 of 87 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7042 posts

Jul 14, 2013

renatabls wrote:
I think it's fine how it is BUT the boxes shouldn't give you a full Molotov/Bomb.

Think of it like this, if they gave all the parts for a molotov instead of an already made one, it would actually be even stronger because they'd have the choice of what to make, and also get the parts for making it which contributes to their funds for the store.

I'll say though that it shouldn't give multiple already crafted things in a single box unless you're last man standing.

Message 37 of 87 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jul 14, 2013
Equal to DD.....LOLOLOL

This system is fine and is most definitely not op. First of all, you have to be losing BAD to start getting usable items, and by means is it game changing like MM and DD were.
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 38 of 87 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7087 posts

Jul 14, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I'm ok with it to a point. The problem when you're losing on certain maps, is that you can't get to any boxes, meanwhile the enemy team has control of the map and can freely go to any box they want. This means they essentially control the item flow and if not for the increased items you get you'd never get enough to craft anything and your losing would snowball.

It shouldn't happen early into a match though, as some people suggest it does, and I don't rememer it ever happening early in a match either. You don't get bombs, molotovs, and purchaseable ammo unless you are losing after halfway through the match. On top of that if you're winning you should be able to afford armor, have your guns upgraded more than your opponents, and have gotten to a lot more boxes in the first place. It's much more balanced than a power play that just automatically handicaps you if you're winning.

It isn't neccessarily based on losing as much as it is based on the players score relative to everyone else. Since traditionally the losing team has lower scores than the winning team they will get all the bonus goodies. It is entirely possible to be the lowest scoring player on the winning team and to be given a molotov or bomb with +100 parts and tons of supplies.

In other words the caches give you supplies depending on how good you are doing relative to every other player in the match.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 39 of 87 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7042 posts

Jul 14, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

It isn't neccessarily based on losing as much as it is based on the players score relative to everyone else. Since traditionally the losing team has lower scores than the winning team they will get all the bonus goodies. It is entirely possible to be the lowest scoring player on the winning team and to be given a molotov or bomb with +100 parts and tons of supplies.

In other words the caches give you supplies depending on how good you are doing relative to every other player in the match.

Really? Because I've had numerous slow start matches where I'm the lowest scoring person on my team, we're winning, and I get a single item like sugar for three boxes in a row. I've never gotten a crafted item out of a box unless I was on the losing team. I also was not higher than all the enemies while I was at the bottom of my team either.

Message 40 of 87 (178 Views)
0 Likes